• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Alexandre Lacazette (Out)

How so? In all three games we've played, we played better when he came on. He's had a better start to PEA so far and looks to be improving still.
I have full confidence that PEA will kick on soon.

I think we have two great strikers here.

Bought new striker after half a season, dropped to the bench after season!

Yeah they are good for rotation. Aubameyang is still better striker for me and he will pick up soon! It is good to have Lacazette come from the bench when teams are tired and he can cope better! Long may it continue but if he wants to leave(although I doubt there is much to the rumor) I'm also very excited about Nketiah! :)

Toby

No longer a Stuttgart Fan
A
If we sold him, I'd literally give up. One position where we're decent and we undid that would be ****. Anyone wanting him sold is obviously on glue.

Still, it's bullshit.

Absolutely agree. Since forever not having two decent and especially prolific goal scoring options has been a problem. Van Persie injured - no goals. Giroud having one of his dry spells - no goals. Alexis basically took over from Giroud as primary goal source but without him it was the same problem again. And Giroud never had the output of a true top striker to begin with.

Now there's finally two guys again who have steadily hit double figures. Selling Lacazette would get us back into the same situation when Giroud misfired and Leicester won the league cause we had no one behind him to score those 10 more goals needed. Laca gone, Auba injured and the club is back at Welbeck starting as CF again.

I though think Emery has to manage them good. Laca and Auba know they work great together and going by what they publicly say they obviously want to play together. Laca will not want to be a bench option longterm. At some point this has to happen or there might be problems. Although right now is probably too early for anyone to be dissatisfied.

Sanis

How so? In all three games we've played, we played better when he came on. He's had a better start to PEA so far and looks to be improving still.
I have full confidence that PEA will kick on soon.

I think we have two great strikers here.

Chelsea scored their third goal after Lacazette gave the ball away, he costed us point in that game.

SingmeasongSong

Right Sometimes
Kinda weird claiming he wants to leave when he is clearly the most emotionally attached player on the pitch when he comes on.

He had a great ending last season and looks good till now except that one back pass. He turned the game when he came on against City and was the reason we finally looked dangerous. His attitude on the pitch is topclass and he will come good

KrissKringle

Reinventing VAR 😡
Chelsea scored their third goal after Lacazette gave the ball away, he costed us point in that game.
Bellerin was also at fault for not doing his job, as usual, against Hazard. You can also say that Auba, Miki and Iwobi were responsible for us not taking 3 points because of their missed opportunities.

Doesn't worry my either to admit that I'm wrong, although that is very very rare when it comes to football!

You're very, very wrong about Bellerin every time. This quote of yours says it all: "Must keep him. Elite talent!". :lol:

Last edited:

RacingPhoton

Established Member
Strikers give the ball away all the time. It is the position in which the ball was given away that matters. Agreed that he had many other options better than making that back pass. But when we lost the ball, we could have easily defended it. But we didn't.

Maybe

You're wrong, no?
makes no sense to go there and be an obvious bench guy, while he is one of our best players
Suarez is 32 already, and there are not many quality strikers available on the market.
I don't think it will happen, but Laca could easily score 20+ goals in La liga with Messi and co. around him.

A_G

Rice Rice Baby 🎼🎵
Would you sell Laca to get a better deal on Gomes and/or Umtiti as the article states? Really not sure about the latter with his knee problems.

OnlyOne

🎙️ Future Journalist
Trusted ⭐

Would you sell Laca to get a better deal on Gomes and/or Umtiti as the article states? Really not sure about the latter with his knee problems.

Absolutely not, we're not in position to be able to do this yet. We must build on what we have right now, then we can look to sell someone as a star.

Reactions: A_G

Yousif Arsenal

On Vinai's payroll & misses 4th place trophy 🏆
Trusted ⭐
we are not in position to sell unless Laca force us to sell him and he look happy here.

Tir Na Nog

Changes Opinion Every 5 Minutes

Getting both Umtiti and Gomes in exchange for a striker who isn't exactly the most prolific would be superb business. Then go out and sign Moussa Dembele from Lyon and a winger too.

Latest posts

Top Bottom