<

Alexandre Lacazette (Out)

Discussion in 'Transfer Rumours' started by bingobob, Jun 8, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. TornadoTed

TornadoTed Well-Known Member

I agree that we could find a better fit than Lacazette, just think we have other bigger fish to fry and it's only 5 weeks until the new season starts.

MikelHadADream likes this.
  2. MikelHadADream

MikelHadADream Well-Known Member

Yeah that's fair enough. But if we do end up selling him, centre forward becomes a crucial position. I think it's quite clear now Arteta see's Auba as a wide forward, and we can't go into the season with Eddie as the only number 9. Think Edouard is one to keep an eye on for later in the window.

3. Jasard

Jasard Forum Issue Troubleshooter

I like him more under Arteta but he just isn't physically up to it.

North5 likes this.
  4. Gooner416

Gooner416 Well-Known Member

Would love him here just to see Erlis vs. Macedonian poster a la Key & Peele (Macedonia vs. Albania episode). :oops:

5. Artisan

Artisan Not Emery's Old Pal

Funny I don't remember Giroud ever being able to hide behind that excuse. He's our main striker and he has a worse scoring rate than Giroud had, at this point the guy's a certified bum which is why no one good is or will be in for him.

6. KrissKringle

KrissKringle Well-Known Member

Giroud played with Santi, Özil and Alexis, who were all great at supplying goals. Laca never had service like that since he arrived.

Trilly, truth_hurts and Kysus like this.
  7. Anders Harbo

Anders Harbo Well-Known Member

I like everybody more under Arteta - except @GDeep™ and @hydrofluoric acid
    I never really liked either of them.

DasBootist, tcahill, Trilly and 3 others like this.
  8. hydrofluoric acid

hydrofluoric acid Dishonest To His Federation

Why not? I have nothing but love for you mate!

Anders Harbo likes this.
  9. Artisan

Artisan Not Emery's Old Pal

12/13 - Big chances created: 70 - Giroud: 34apps, 2327min, 11-5 g/a
    13/14 - Big chances created: 62 - Giroud: 36app, 3083min, 16/9 g/a
    14/15 - Big chances created: 66 - Giroud: 27apps, 1865min, 14/3 g/a
    15/16 - Big chances created: 88 - Giroud: 38apps, 2425min, 16/6 g/a
    16/17 - Big chances created: 55 - Giroud: 29apps, 1194min, 12/4 g/a

17/18 - Big chances created: 81 - Laca 32 apps, 2211min, 14/5 g/a
    18/19 - Big chances created: 72 - Laca 35 app, 2502min, 13/10 g/a
    19-20 - Big chances created: 48 - Laca 30apps, 1879min, 10/6 g/a

10. RunTheTrap

RunTheTrap Well-Known Member

Lacazette had Özil, Sanchez for a bit, Ramsey and Iwobi to create for him and he only managed 14 league goals.

11. Anders Harbo

Anders Harbo Well-Known Member

Allright mate. Us Scandinavians have to stick together. I guess it’s your Icelandic heritage, that toughens you. Being Danish I tend to look at the bright sight of life (and football) more often.

hydrofluoric acid likes this.
  12. KrissKringle

You lost your right to comment here once you called Ings, Cabral, Osimhen and Edouard as elite strikers.

13. Ash10

Ash10 Jury Lite

I didn't even say we should sign Edouard, just stated the obvious. Funny how fanboys get defensive so easily

14. KrissKringle

How is it obvious? Is it based on facts?

15. Ash10

Ash10 Jury Lite

Watch him play to see. Just like it was obvious that Tierney is class even when he was playing in a weak league

16. KrissKringle

It's a subjective opinion, though. Him having a higher ceiling is a lazy thing to say and it's literally a coin toss.
    He might or he might get lost in some midtable mediocrity down the line. You never know with these kids.

17. The_Playmaker

The_Playmaker Established Member

- making a decoy run is pretty basic. Not sure why forwards get praised for moving. Its basically all they can do when they don't have the ball. Either create space for themselves or someone else.

- he gets fouled because he never receives the ball on the half turn. He isn't strong enough to bully enter backs while holding the ball. It's more about him maintaining balance through a few touches and then playing it back or sideways. There are times when he receives it central and he has come so deep that he is isnt even tracked. Yet he doesn't even turn.

- he has good traits, but they work better in a 2 man system. As a lone striker he has significant weaknesses. Weaknesses Edouard doesn't have.

-Edouard is faster, stronger, a much better dribbler, a much better passer, and his movement is so much better as he is is simply more agile. He is also much better in the air and has enormous physical potential.

- one thing you yet in Scotland is old fashioned centre backs who love to get physical. It's not rocket science why Tierney has adapted so quickly. People always question the league, but the weather, the culture or all very similar to England. I remember everyone questioning Henrik Larsson. There was zero doubt over him scoring goals in england.

Edouard would be a fantastic signing and a massive upgrade on Lacazette.

18. Ash10

Ash10 Jury Lite

Sure but we KNOW lacazette's goal scoring record for us is pathetic. I don't even dislike the guy but he's not good enough no matter how you see it

19. KrissKringle

It's funny when I read such a statement, because a year ago he was our POTY and now, when we had a dreadful season with a dreadful midfield, he's not good enough.
    I find that quite contradictory, with all things considered.

20. KrissKringle

Yeah, sorry, but I just don't buy all of this. You seem like one of those blokes who spends too much time watching video highlights and playing Football Manager.

Trilly and sdotzdot like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.