• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Alexandre Lacazette (Out)

BigPoppaPump

Reeling from Laca & Kos nightmares
We just have to disagree. I think people have short memory and ex players people tend to remember only the good parts
I have a very good memory, Lacazette is just an average player same with Giroud. Ones just slighty more above average than the other, and it's not the one we spent 50m on.

samspade

"You said I said" detection expert at your service
If you know you don't give a sh*t about that, then don't talk to me about bias then.

It's you and your Laca hating buddies that bump his thread not his fans. It's also you that talks about him everyday in every thread not me, so you can't chat to me about bias.

He's got one more season max anyways and will see plenty bench, it's not that deep. Personally I hope Martinelli or Balogun (I prefer Martinelli at this point of time tbh) get an extended run upfront.
Why do you prefer Martinelli? I’m a fan of his, I hope Arteta’s right about his cf potential and his training works but I thought he looked utterly lost there when he played there last season. I think widening player's horizons is a good route to making them great but I think Fol is more accomplished in the position rn although he has less general experience. I’m a big fan of Martinelli’s but the fan base are also a bit deluded in his favour imo.

MikelHadADream

Established Member
Trusted ⭐
You say that like Lacazette isn't a snail too, it's unfair to say he made everyone around him worse too. They're on the same level of quality Giroud just edges him because of physicality.

This is actually a fair comparison. I'd say Lacazette has better ball striking technique, but Girouds movement in the box was miles better, which ultimately makes him the better player.

AberGooner

Established Member
Trusted ⭐

Player:Gabriel
Why do you prefer Martinelli? I’m a fan of his, I hope Arteta’s right about his cf potential and his training works but I thought he looked utterly lost there when he played there last season. I think widening player's horizons is a good route to making them great but I think Fol is more accomplished in the position rn although he has less general experience. I’m a big fan of Martinelli’s but the fan base are also a bit deluded in his favour imo.

He only played up front once last season though. The main reason he's got the reputation he has is because of what he did playing as a CF in his first season both in the Europa group games and the league cup.

Tomb Bombadil

Would you sell him for £17m?

Who would you sell if you had to choose for £17m Auba or Laca?

I think Laca is better for ST and we enough wingers. That's why I might keep Laca over Auba.

samspade

He only played up front once last season though. The main reason he's got the reputation he has is because of what he did playing as a CF in his first season both in the Europa group games and the league cup.
I’d completely forgotten he played there tbh, thought he scored all his 19/20 goals from lw. Fair enough.

Last edited:

Dutch D

Well-Known Member & FPL Champion 19/20

I think Laca is better for ST and we enough wingers. That's why I might keep Laca over Auba.
Aubameyang is 32, turning 33 at the end of the season. 2 year contract, reportedly on 250k/week.
Lacazette is 30, turning 31 at the end of the season. 1 year contract, reportedly on 180k/week.

I think Lacazette isn't good enough for Arsenal.
I think Aubameyang is good enough, but has a playstyle (poacher) that we ultimately don't want at ST.

I reckon we can get another good year out of Aubameyang.
I reckon Lacazette will be disappointingly average like always, but will still score goals.

Aubameyang is also a proper star player that attracts people and players to Arsenal, Lacazette isn't.

I think on balance I'd rather sell Lacazette before he walks the door for free after having cost €50m. Get one more year out of Aubameyang and probably sell him for €15m next year.

Buy a striker next season. Keep an eye on Dolberg, Toney, Edouard, Gouiri, Vlahovic etc.

Macho

In search of Pure Profit 💸
Dusted 🔻

Don't get me wrong, I also criticised the fan base for their Martinelli love in he's not quite what the fanbase thinks he is - so we are defo in agreement.

I remember the season before last when Auba got a red card, we had no one else and Martinelli did a good job deputising which is mostly what I am going off. He had a good season which lead to his contract extension but then he got injured in the summer and then Arteta was strangely opposed to utilising him.

I think his attributes are suited for the striker role, I don't think he quite has enough to thrive as a winger long term. Whilst he's willing to run himself into the ground it could work though.

He is clinical, has composure, good in the air, has pace and a bit of strength that will only improve with age I think he may even be more convincing as a CF than Auba in some ways he's a bit more robust and willing to get about and duel.

Long post apologies, but I will come clean and say outright my scope on Balogun is extremely limited.

samspade

Don't get me wrong, I also criticised the fan base for their Martinelli love in he's not quite what the fanbase thinks he is - so we are defo in agreement.

I remember the season before last when Auba got a red card, we had no one else and Martinelli did a good job deputising which is mostly what I am going off. He had a good season which lead to his contract extension but then he got injured in the summer and then Arteta was strangely opposed to utilising him.

I think his attributes are suited for the striker role, I don't think he quite has enough to thrive as a winger long term. Whilst he's willing to run himself into the ground it could work though.

He is clinical, has composure, good in the air, has pace and a bit of strength that will only improve with age I think he may even be more convincing as a CF than Auba in some ways he's a bit more robust and willing to get about and duel.

Long post apologies, but I will come clean and say outright my scope on Balogun is extremely limited.
No worries man, I’m king of the long post😃. @AberGooner reminded me that he scored a few goals from cf in 19/20, transfermarkt says 7 of his 10 actually assuming they’re trustworthy.

Blood on the Tracks

AG's best friend, role model and mentor.
Trusted ⭐

Player:Rice
I can see from Arsenal's perspective why we'd want to move Laca on this summer, given his pretty sizeable contract and his contract length.

From Laca's perspective it makes zero sense to me. See out your last year and get a bumper deal moving on a free next summer.

Realistically he's going to get good minutes this season, he's our second best forward.

Talk of giving his minutes to Balogun is crazy to me. He's never done anything to date bar a couple of 5 minute cameos against Eastern European farmers.

If we're 1-0 down chasing a goal. Who do you want coming on as a sub, Laca or Balogun. Laca all day long. He's got the pedigree.

samspade

I can see from Arsenal's perspective why we'd want to move Laca on this summer, given his pretty sizeable contract and his contract length.

From Laca's perspective it makes zero sense to me. See out your last year and get a bumper deal moving on a free next summer.

Realistically he's going to get good minutes this season, he's our second best forward.

Talk of giving his minutes to Balogun is crazy to me. He's never done anything to date bar a couple of 5 minute cameos against Eastern European farmers.

If we're 1-0 down chasing a goal. Who do you want coming on as a sub, Laca or Balogun. Laca all day long. He's got the pedigree.
Sure but one’s on the way down and one’s on the way up. You have to make investments sometime, maybe not when you’re 1-0 down.

Tomb Bombadil

Aubameyang is 32, turning 33 at the end of the season. 2 year contract, reportedly on 250k/week.
Lacazette is 30, turning 31 at the end of the season. 1 year contract, reportedly on 180k/week.

I think Lacazette isn't good enough for Arsenal.
I think Aubameyang is good enough, but has a playstyle (poacher) that we ultimately don't want at ST.

I reckon we can get another good year out of Aubameyang.
I reckon Lacazette will be disappointingly average like always, but will still score goals.

Aubameyang is also a proper star player that attracts people and players to Arsenal, Lacazette isn't.

I think on balance I'd rather sell Lacazette before he walks the door for free after having cost €50m. Get one more year out of Aubameyang and probably sell him for €15m next year.

Buy a striker next season. Keep an eye on Dolberg, Toney, Edouard, Gouiri, Vlahovic etc.
I would be ok with both options. Who would play as a striker if we sell Auba?

I don't think we get anything for Auba next year at least not in Covid time. And if he has a bad season migth be difficult to even get him out of the books.

Dutch D

Well-Known Member & FPL Champion 19/20
I would be ok with both options. Who would play as a striker if we sell Auba?
Well, Lacazette in that case, right?
I don't think we get anything for Auba next year at least not in Covid time. And if he has a bad season migth be difficult to even get him out of the books.
If he has a bad season, it might be difficult to get a fee, yeah. Still think someone would take him based on his starpower, though. So surely it's a risk worth taking.

SingmeasongSong

Right Sometimes

As of last season, Laca had outperformed Auba massively. If Auba doesnt recover, which I am starting to question at this stage, I'd agree.

Yousif Arsenal

On Vinai's payroll & misses 4th place trophy 🏆
Trusted ⭐

Not sure about the reliability but lyon are interested in laca we asking 17m euros to sell

Latest posts+

Top Bottom