• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Alexandre Lacazette: Laca the Net

Status
Not open for further replies.

Gegen Pressing

I actually think we are better off without him .
This allows our real hero
Welbeck with some unfinished business to step up ...to become the English Giroud.

Longy

I'm surprised so many think Laca has been so disappointing......
I thought he looked great in the first few months.
There was a shift in his performance later, maybe this I should the reason ?

DanDare

Emoji Merchant and Believer-In-Chief
Trusted ⭐

Player:Saliba
Yeah Laca was good for the first part. I felt he needed to start scoring some important goals rather than padding the score line. Unfortunately when I started to feel that was when he started to seize up in front of goal and stop running.

He’s better than he’s show I’m certain of that. I think he can be a part of us getting better. We need more than one good striker

YeahBee

Terrible hot takes
So it seems that he kept his month shut about his banged up knee to play and return to scoring

Slightly dumb but kudos for effort imo

freeglennhelder2

Established Member

Player:Elneny
He could come back and score 10 more goals this season and a few would still find issue with him.

Suspect the real underlying problem here is that he is not Giroud.

scytheavatar

Established Member
I'm surprised so many think Laca has been so disappointing......
I thought he looked great in the first few months.
There was a shift in his performance later, maybe this I should the reason ?

Giroud would have months every season where he was one of our best players every game and looked as good as any striker in the world. That wasn't enough to prevent people from wanting an upgrade from him. So far I am not sure Lacazette has shown enough to justify him being an upgrade from Giroud.

zhaggy

Giroud would have months every season where he was one of our best players every game and looked as good as any striker in the world. That wasn't enough to prevent people from wanting an upgrade from him. So far I am not sure Lacazette has shown enough to justify him being an upgrade from Giroud.

Isnt that more to do with how we play? Our system doesn`t really suit Giroud. So even if he was good, even over a larger period of time the upgrade talk is about to find a player that could elevate us as a team.

Big Poppa

Established Member
Trusted ⭐

Player:Saliba
Lots of romanticising about Giroud here. He had his fair share of criticism here for missing easy chances, lack of mobility and never getting close to the numbers of rival club leading strikers (Costa, Kane, Aguero etc) despite starting every week in such an attacking team.

That's the reason Lacazette was recruited in the first place.

tap-in

Nothing Wrong With Me

Oh come on, Giroud did exceptionally well for a striker with such a lack of pace but never looked as good as the top strikers in the world. I would have preferred to keep him but I know his limitations, that's why we have been calling for a top striker since RVP left. Not sure Laca was the answer but Auba certainly has the pedigree to fill the gap that RVP left. Giroud never did!

Mo Britain

Doom Monger
Never a good time to get injured but, from the point of view of his Arsenal career, this is a very dangerous time for Laca to get injured.

Auba will now have time to bed-in as no. 1 striker (which was always going to happen) but the worst of it is that Laca's chance to recover his confidence in the Europa League won't happen and could be a factor in us not winning it.

Football Manager

Copy & Paste Merchant
The lacazette you see now is not out of form, it’s just a true reflection of the inability of him competing in the PL. Just because he scores 3x goal in the french league doesn’t mean that he was good. He is overrated.

samshere

Why so serieuse?
Think the injury explains his loss of form, even if he didn't realise that he was injured before it surely affected his play.

OnlyOne

‘Donkeys don’t have a peak, they remain useless’
Trusted ⭐

Can someone pull up my posts about him being injured? Think only me and one other was suggesting this. I hate being right.

<<reed>>

Lidl Tir Na Nog
I feel everything went wrong for Laca when he decided to choose the crappy flute celebration instead of the Roma one.

Lacazette10

The lacazette you see now is not out of form, it’s just a true reflection of the inability of him competing in the PL. Just because he scores 3x goal in the french league doesn’t mean that he was good. He is overrated.
He misses a lack of self confidence, he always been an introverted guy IRL and on the pitch
Overrated in what?
Technically, he isnt
Lets new players being fully adapted in PL, its new championship, new country, culture, his first club after Lyon...
Remember Henry didnt adapt well in Serie A when he joined Juventus before Arsenal
Sure you didnt sign a world class striker such as Lewandowski/Aguero/Suarez but he is one of the best you could have signed

say yes

forum master baiter

giphy.gif

You know what, this could explain the lack of pace in recent weeks.

Weaker league or not he was definitely quicker in France.

Dunno. Has there been a time where he was faster with us than he has been in recent weeks. There is comment by me very early in the season questioning his pace.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts+

Top Bottom