• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Alexandre Lacazette: Laca the Net

Status
Not open for further replies.

Batman

Head of the Wayne foundation for benching Nketiah

Player:Saliba
For me it seems obvious that you play Laca and Auba together as much as possible. Both are clinical players who make life tough on defenders in their own way. They compliment each other perfectly as well.

field442

Hates Journalists Named James
Trusted ⭐
Revisiting that Laca v Giroud argument that happened a few months ago.

Giroud first PL season: 34 apps 11 goals 3 assists
Laca first PL season: 30 apps 13 goals 3 assists

He's matched Giroud's PL average for us and needs three more goals to match Oli's best ever tally. Giroud played all 38 games for us when he hit 16 PL goals too.

I think we would be talking about Laca as a signing of the season if he wasn't carrying that injury and if we didn't have this freakishly bad away form.

When you think he went through a spell of scoring once in eleven games then he has scored 12 in the other 19. I don't expect him to have a drought like that again (it's only happened to him once before back in 2013) so i think he could easily get 20 goals next season if he's playing regularly.

El Granit-Coq

Established Member
So happy him and Auba play so well together. I remember when we first signed Auba and good old A-M was like Lacazette is finished here. Good times.
And for them to turn out to be such good partners in such a short period...

AM has its moments... Let's leave it at that :lol:

RandomHero84

Established Member
Trusted ⭐

Player:Saka
I'm encouraged by these two together. But I have to say I have zero idea what our team will look like next season anyway. No idea what it all means now!

El Granit-Coq

Established Member
If the next manager get it right there a potential Auba laca combined get 50-60 goals next season
Just play them the way Arsène has. Auba on the left and Laca as a striker.

If you want to play 2 upfront with no wingers (you aren't going to play Özil right or left of a 442 because of what this formation demands) you will have to sacrifice atleast 2 good players for that to work or risk playing 4312 and get punished in a league that is obsessed with width.

Our first team attack is pretty much sorted. Özil, PEA, Laca and Mkhi. Unless the next manager wants to turn one of them into a bench player and sign a star of his own, I don't see that front 4 changing for a season or two.

It's our midfield and defence that the next manager should worry about.

Batman

Just play them the way Arséne has. Auba on the left and Laca as a striker.

If you want to play 2 upfront with no wingers (you aren't going to play Özil right or left of a 442 because of what this formation demands) you will have to sacrifice atleast 2 good players for that to work or risk playing 4312 and get punished in a league that is obsessed with width.

Our first team attack is pretty much sorted. Özil, PEA, Laca and Mkhi. Unless the next manager wants to turn one of them into a bench player and sign a star of his own, I don't see that front 4 changing for a season or two.

It's our midfield and defence that the next manager should worry about.
With some players leaving through retirement, contract expiry or just not being good enough, I see no reason why we can't buy 3 world class players in the 50m bracket or so and a world class GK in the 30-40m range Get rid of Xhaka and Mustafi and at worst that should cancel out one of the 50m signings as well as freeing up some wages. A summer that sees us bring in as an example, Fabinho, De Ligt, Sergej and Oblak is ambitious but doable with our resources IMO.
Imagine this on opening day next season:

Auba Laca Mkhi
Özil
Fabinho Sergej
Kolasinac Kos De Ligt Bellerin
Oblak
Squad options: Cech,Ramsey, Elnenny, Welbeck, Chambers, Holding, Iwobi,AMN, Nketiah, Nelson,Mavrapanos
That team could push both Manchester clubs and Liverpool in my view. Barring a disaster it's a nailed on top 4 finisher as well with maybe a signing in January depending upon performance.

So happy him and Auba play so well together. I remember when we first signed Auba and good old A-M was like Lacazette is finished here. Good times.

He should be finished as starter anyway...

It looks all nice against **** teams like West Ham and in games that doesn't matter.

But Auba-Lacazette combo will be found out in every big game and games that matter when we play next season.

Just buy a real wide-forward and rotate Laca with Auba. It is really not that hard.

El Granit-Coq

Established Member
With some players leaving through retirement, contract expiry or just not being good enough, I see no reason why we can't buy 3 world class players in the 50m bracket or so and a world class GK in the 30-40m range Get rid of Xhaka and Mustafi and at worst that should cancel out one of the 50m signings as well as freeing up some wages. A summer that sees us bring in as an example, Fabinho, De Ligt, Sergej and Oblak is ambitious but doable with our resources IMO.
Imagine this on opening day next season:

Auba Laca Mkhi
Özil
Fabinho Sergej
Kolasinac Kos De Ligt Bellerin
Oblak
Squad options: Cech,Ramsey, Elnenny, Welbeck, Chambers, Holding, Iwobi,AMN, Nketiah, Nelson,Mavrapanos
That team could push both Manchester clubs and Liverpool in my view. Barring a disaster it's a nailed on top 4 finisher as well with maybe a signing in January depending upon performance.

That is a great team but with the season Sergej had had, I would be immensely surprised if he ended up here. Hell, given Ramsey's end of the season, I doubt we would be buying a midfielder to bench him... Then again, this won't be Arsenes team so he might not be in favour.

Fabinho I could honestly see coming here, unless City enter the race. Agree on Mustafi though but would keep Xhaka as he has shown that he can actually keep his concentration and would be interesting to see if he can replicate his Mon'Glad form.

Oblak is a long shot, would rather Alisson as he is more attainable.

All in all, that would be a disgusting team.

YeahBee

Terrible hot takes
Said it before

But say later 3 years into their arsenal careers Laca will have contributed more than Aubameyang

Maybe not strictly goalwise but overall

Batman

That is a great team but with the season Sergej had had, I would be immensely surprised if he ended up here. Hell, given Ramsey's end of the season, I doubt we would be buying a midfielder to bench him... Then again, this won't be Arsenes team so he might not be in favour.

Fabinho I could honestly see coming here, unless City enter the race. Agree on Mustafi though but would keep Xhaka as he has shown that he can actually keep his concentration and would be interesting to see if he can replicate his Mon'Glad form.

Oblak is a long shot, would rather Alisson as he is more attainable.

All in all, that would be a disgusting team.
Yeah I think Sergej will be the most sought after of the 3 outfield players. You just don't see guys with his kind of size and technical ability very often. Ramsey is ending the season well but you have to be wary of his injury record and we don't know how that will factor into a new manager's assessment. You may be right about Xhaka but I'm very wary of the fact that his positive play of late has come against poor opposition. I worry that his lack of pace as well as how slow he can be technically may be too much to overcome against teams that look to press and counter us. I honestly think Alisson is a hotter property right now than Oblak. Oblak is the better keeper for the moment but Alisson is the new, exciting name. I would be chuffed with either. I just hope that the board is ambitious enough to land those sorts of players so that we can really set about competing at a high level again.

El Granit-Coq

Established Member
Yeah I think Sergej will be the most sought after of the 3 outfield players. You just don't see guys with his kind of size and technical ability very often. Ramsey is ending the season well but you have to be wary of his injury record and we don't know how that will factor into a new manager's assessment. You may be right about Xhaka but I'm very wary of the fact that his positive play of late has come against poor opposition. I worry that his lack of pace as well as how slow he can be technically may be too much to overcome against teams that look to press and counter us. I honestly think Alisson is a hotter property right now than Oblak. Oblak is the better keeper for the moment but Alisson is the new, exciting name. I would be chuffed with either. I just hope that the board is ambitious enough to land those sorts of players so that we can really set about competing at a high level again.

That's true, Sergej is an immense talent but I see Utd being all over him if Pogba were to leave. I'd take him in a heartbeat mind you. Torreira would be a great addition as well.

Some of Xhakas best games were against the top 6. I'd give him one more season.

Oblaks pricetag is what makes a lot of people steer clear... 80mil gets you Ederson and some change. As much as I'd love Oblak, Alisson and Leno are our most likely targets.

On Lacazette, there is no point playing in a 2 striker formation as that limits the service the get and is detrimental to our team. The closest we can do is a 4321 like what Crystal Palace tried a few years back (which failed) or what we played recently.

Lacazette is our main striker for the next few seasons as I don't see him getting sold anytime soon and the combination between himself and PEA is starting to blossom very well. Though many objected, PEA has played well on the left hand side and it doesn't seem to stifle his game much.

The next manager could play a 352 and still manage to involve 3 of our front 4 but that means benching Mkhi. Interesting to see how and with which players we start with. As much as I think our attack is sorted.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts+

Top Bottom