• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Alexandre Lacazette: Laca the Net

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jury

A-M's drunk uncle
Want to see him try to get more into chances, create something for him self when the games are tight and other team is having easy time closing the shop for us!

The stat padding is all good while he plays him self into form! But on Thursday I hope he helps out by getting into more goal scoring positions and take more shots in both first half and second half!
It was said before he signed, and it was known to most that he is no Henry.

He wont create lots of chances for himself no sooner than Özil will miraculously grow a pair of testicles. That was bit of a joke, but you know what I mean, right?

As for the 'stat padding'--lets deduct all the stat padding goals scored by Messi and Ronaldo etc and against weaker teams in the last ten minutes so we have a revised total which makes them look more human, shall we? Or we can just discount all goals scored against sh!t teams for everyone, moving forward?

Not sure if your post was tongue in cheek or not, but the 'stat padding' argument is as indicative of an agenda as it could possibly be.

Zaza

His lack of pace was evident again today. Is it possible for him to get quicker?? I can see why Wenger preferred Welbeck earlier in the season. Welbeck is a physical beast. Helps create space for Laca as well. 13 goals ain't so bad. He could end up with say 17 or even 20 if he keeps this up.

Arsenal1508

Mods are unethical! Özil, come assist me please!
Lacazette is our #9.
Auba plays up with him or off his left.
Both players must be on together !

I'm excited to see what happens next year.

Lacazette, Aubemeyang, Özil, Mikhitarian. Crazy good players.

Fix up CM and CB and I believe we are purring again.

The thing is...does PEA feel restricted when Lacazette is taking his position as the Center Forward?
Lacazette will succeed if our midfielders can constantly find him. However, he'll fail when trying to break the offside trap. If defenders play a highline, it's PEA all day long. If they are staying back, then Lacazette will be successful.

He wont create lots of chances for himself no sooner than Özil will miraculously grow a pair of testicles. That was bit of a joke, but you know what I mean, right?

As for the 'stat padding'--lets deduct all the stat padding goals scored by Messi and Ronaldo etc and against weaker teams in the last ten minutes so we have a revised total which makes them look more human, shall we? Or we can just discount all goals scored against sh!t teams for everyone, moving forward?

Not sure if your post was tongue in cheek or not, but the 'stat padding' argument is as indicative of an agenda as it could possibly be.

Not expecting him to be Henry just want to see some improvements in the future. Like to see him trying to go for 4-5 shots per game. That should be his next step with us!

Arsenal1508

Mods are unethical! Özil, come assist me please!
I think the more goals he scores for us closing the season, the more trust he develops with our midfielders to constantly look for him. I'm not saying Lacazette is Hary Kane...but Kane earned the trust of his teammates by burying chance after chance. It is up to Lacazette though...can't be missing easy chances like during that 12 match stretch.
He's in good form....let him ride it to Europa League success.

Longy

The thing is...does PEA feel restricted when Lacazette is taking his position as the Center Forward?
Lacazette will succeed if our midfielders can constantly find him. However, he'll fail when trying to break the offside trap. If defenders play a highline, it's PEA all day long. If they are staying back, then Lacazette will be successful.

PEA will have more space' Lacazette is more the pivot and worker in the middle so I think PEA will feel less restricted.
They can and will work
Özil and Mikhi in support.
Just need 2 disciplined CM.

Last edited:

Camron

Photoshop King
Trusted ⭐

Player:Martinelli

Great post.

Wryer

Blossoming friendship with Aubameyang and they looked in the mood to support each other on the pitch. Who said Auba was stupid to give his hat trick?

I still think they looked the sharpest in a two up rather than shifting one of them wide. The problem is the configuration behind them.

Can't wait to see them sync up come next season.

Longy

Blossoming friendship with Aubameyang and they looked in the mood to support each other on the pitch. Who said Auba was stupid to give his hat trick?

I still think they looked the sharpest in a two up rather than shifting one of them wide. The problem is the configuration behind them.

Can't wait to see them sync up come next season.

We don't play wide players anyway.
It'll be Auba off Lacazette and Özil in a lopsided front 3.
Mikhi in support and 2 disciplined CMs behind them

Trilly

Hates A-M, Saka, Arteta and You
Trusted ⭐

If our defenders are being pressed, and forced to play long. Who is physically strong enough to get the header, to gain back possession?
Who can hold up the ball when our team fails to build up in the midfield.
And how about attacking and defending corners.
Contributions are more than just goals and assists, it’s also about how to make your team play better.
Up to the manager to find alternatives.

We only need to look at City and Liverpool. The two best attacks in the league, both without one forward over six feet tall.

Trilly

Hates A-M, Saka, Arteta and You
Trusted ⭐

I'll also be surprised if we make him and Auba upfront work well, long term.

It's a good problem to have for the next manager anyway.

Football Manager

Copy & Paste Merchant
Up to the manager to find alternatives.

We only need to look at City and Liverpool. The two best attacks in the league, both without one forward over six feet tall.
I’m just saying that to criticise giroud by just looking at his scoring stats is unfair.

tap-in

Nothing Wrong With Me
Assuming our new manager knows what their doing, they will play Laca & Auba at the same time. You dont have players this good sitting on the bench, its up to the new manager to find a way to accommodate them both, and I'm confident they will. tbf to Wenger, I think he would also have played them together next season, he has played them together more recently so I'm sure he was heading that way. New GK, CB, CM and we we will be looking good. I'm excited!

Mark Tobias

Mr. Agreeable
tbf to Wenger, I think he would also have played them together next season, he has played them together more recently
I'm even wondering if AW would have more success with them.

Alas, what is done is done and it always felt Arsène was missing one piece every season. When he finds that piece it is in the wake of another piece moving....

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom