• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Alexandre Lacazette: Laca the Net

Status
Not open for further replies.

GeorgiaGunner

#FreeClaude
How can Laca be lacking? Apart from speed he beats Auba! Auba is not lone striker in the PL material, he is too easily brushed of
Also apart from goals — Auba has 10 in 13 ffs. Seemed like lone striker in the PL to me.

Edit: saw you were talking about athleticism, fair enough. Still think Auba’s plenty good to lead the line on his own, we just can’t play as if Giroud is still up there.

Excited by the Auba Laca partnership, when both are on the pitch we've scored bucket loads of goals .Their attributes suit each other well.
Quite agree here. Laca+Auba=Goals
I have not been as optimistic about Arsenal's goal threat for quite a few seasons now as I am about these 2 lads. (They are both still in their first season remember). Let's see how they get on next season before we make too many judgements.
Not too many complaints about Liverpool's from three this season. I would like to see Arsenal buy a decent third striker to play up with these, a la Liverpool style:

Salah (dream on) Auba Laca

GoonerBoy19

He deserves one more season, also any replacement will take time to settle. I hope we get someone like O Dembele who can score 20+ then think about replacing Laca. At this moment we cannot rely on anyone apart from Aubameyang and Ramsey to score consistently.

Clubs like Liverpool have Mane, Firminho, Salah etc still adding players like Fekir. We need more goal scorers and stop behaving like a bankrupt club which we are not.

Last edited:

YeahBee

Terrible hot takes
Also apart from goals — Auba has 10 in 13 ffs. Seemed like lone striker in the PL to me.

Edit: saw you were talking about athleticism, fair enough. Still think Auba’s plenty good to lead the line on his own, we just can’t play as if Giroud is still up there.

No and that is not What I want anyway

Laca was an improvement over Giroud even thou as a strictly target man he was less

But his movement, speed and skills were way better than giroud

It is good to somewhat have the option to play target football at times (at times in a game even)

Auba has scored even from the wing but I want to see the together upfront

Very complimentary skills and both are good finishers

Football Manager

Copy & Paste Merchant
No and that is not What I want anyway

Laca was an improvement over Giroud even thou as a strictly target man he was less

But his movement, speed and skills were way better than giroud

It is good to somewhat have the option to play target football at times (at times in a game even)

Auba has scored even from the wing but I want to see the together upfront

Very complimentary skills and both are good finishers
Laca is not an improvement on Giroud. They just offer different qualities.
Btw, since when laca beat a defender using skills?

Trilly

Hates A-M, Saka, Arteta and You
Trusted ⭐

Laca is not a top quality striker so 15 goals per season is what I expected too.
So he matched your expectations as a non-top quality striker despite carrying an injury then also being out injured for a while. So what happens if he’s fit and plays for an entire season and betters those numbers? You will be forced to admit he’s better than you think he is.

You may have just caught yourself out here :p

Mark Tobias

Mr. Agreeable
So he matched your expectations as a non-top quality striker despite carrying an injury then also being out injured for a while. So what happens if he’s fit and plays for an entire season and betters those numbers? You will be forced to admit he’s better than you think he is.

You may have just caught yourself out here :p
Trilly strikes again!

Football Manager

Copy & Paste Merchant
Oh here we go with the "every striker is useless unless they beat defenders with skills" crap again :lol: take a break, lad. You've earned it.
It’s not useless, it’s just not world class.
There are different ways to beat defenders, and skills is only one of them. I wouldn’t mind if we have a striker who could beat defender with either pace+movement, physical strength or skills.
But laca seems to just offer that quality finishing without having the other attributes.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Top Bottom