• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Alexandre Lacazette: Laca the Net

Status
Not open for further replies.

Batman

Head of the Wayne foundation for benching Nketiah

Player:Saliba
To be fair we had no idea he was carrying an injury & even his mum had a go at him about the poor body language.

There was a spell last season where it was looking like a mistake both for him & the club. Aubameyang & return to fitness kick started him again though.
I just feel people are far too reactionary to early growing pains these days. Henry took forever to break his duck when he first joined. In today's world with social media he'd have been crucified. Laca had a bad spell of game that coincided with injury but even if the injury had not been present it would have been mental to write the move off as a mistake because he along with the rest of a dysfunctional team was struggling.

Flying Okapis

Most Well-Known Member
You are always banging on about speed and pace mate. Pires and Ljungberg weren't particularly quick you know. I'd rather have someone with a decent set of feet than someone who was quick any day of the week. You don't have to be fast to take someone on.

Lacazette has probably the second best set of feet at the club after Özil. He's one of the most technically gifted players on our team, certainly better than Giroud.

He'd probably have higher numbers if half our team didn't go missing every game. Think Auba and Lacazette will form a good partnership upfront.

Agree with this, high paced wingers who are a complete package are pretty rare, for every Sane there is a Walcott, Gelson Martins etc, but then Laca is no winger anyway.

Also takes some pretty damn fine technique to have deadly finishing.

Give this guy a full pre-season and he will come back even better next year, 17 goals in 38 games is a decent return with all his injuries.

Plus Auba will take the pressure off, looking forwards to watching him this coming season.

KrissKringle

Reinventing VAR 😡
If Emery incorporates a more direct style going forward Laca is going to score quite a lot of goals, because his placement in the box is on the money.

StefanB

Freddie was actually pretty feckin rapid when darting into the box actually!!

Ljungberg had really good accelration. Not that fast at top speed, but managed to slip by defenders easily because of how fast he moved (plus how well timed his runs were).

Sadly neither Pires nor Ljungberg has ever been replaced. Two of the the best wingers we've ever had, and the way they fit together on each side with Cole and Lauren was beautiful aswell.

Fewtch

Özil at 10 And Emery Out
17 goals while playing through injury, playing with bums like iwobi, xhaka and welbeck, constantly being subbed at the 70 min mark, club in absolute shambles with Wenger and the mesut/Sanchez contracts, our team playing the worst football we’ve played for at least 22 years and most importantly, playing in his FIRST season in the premier league.
What could you possibly complain about?

First season output for some PL strikers for perspective:

Laca age 26: 38 apps 17 goals
Diego costa age 24: 37 apps 22 goals, next season 41 apps 16 goals
Drogba age 26: 41 apps 16 goals
Tevez age 23: 29 apps 7 goals at West ham, 48 apps 19 goals at utd the next season
Dzeko age 24: 21 apps 6 goals
Suarez age 24: 13 apps 4 goals, 2nd full season: 39 apps 17 goals
Morata (who ppl claimed was so much better after a few games) age 25: 48 apps 15 goals

Last edited:

Jae

17 goals while playing through injury, playing with bums like iwobi, xhaka and welbeck, constantly being subbed at the 70 min mark, club in absolute shambles with Wenger and the mesut/Sanchez contracts, our team playing the worst football we’ve played for at least 22 years and most importantly, playing in his FIRST season in the premier league.

Tevez age 23: 29 apps 7 goals at West ham, 48 apps 19 goals at utd the next season
Morata (who ppl claimed he was so much better after a few games) age 25: 48 apps 15 goals

You just can't please some people I don't think mate. Especially on here.

Arsenal1508

Mods are unethical! Özil, come assist me please!

Morata (who ppl claimed was so much better after a few games) age 25: 48 apps 15 goals

Lol....Lacazette was very disapointing and it was not because of others.

I wanted to compare him with Kane and Aguero...not Morata.

BigPoppaPump

Reeling from Laca & Kos nightmares

I wanted to compare him with Kane and Aguero...not Morata.

It's gonna be another Giroud situation where people bend over backwards with stats and comparisons to make him look good but you just don't see it on the pitch.

I don't think he's trash just don't think he's good enough to put Auba on the wing to accommodate him.

Stannis

It's gonna be another Giroud situation where people bend over backwards with stats and comparisons to make him look good but you just don't see it on the pitch.

I don't think he's trash just don't think he's good enough to put Auba on the wing to accommodate him.

He is better than Giroud, much better but I do agree that there is no point in taking out a superior player in Aubameyang from the central role in order to accomodate Lacca

I’d much rather he try to to play on the wing

El Granit-Coq

Established Member

No it's not. Like Özil, Koscielny and Lacazette, last season was not a great measure of what they are capable of because all three were playing whole injured! Lacazette managed a good goal tally given he wasn't at his best and rarely finished a game.

If Emery plays PEA and Lacazette the way Wenger did then I expect him to easily break the 25 goal mark easily. Though some may not appreciate this, we still have two elite strikers backed by two elite playmakers. Will be interesting to see what role Mkhi plays. These 4 make it very hard to be flexible with the front 3/4.

Mark Tobias

Mr. Agreeable

I wanted to compare him with Kane and Aguero
...not Morata.
Yes, lets.

Kane's first season in the league = 3 goals.
Aguero's first season in the league = 24 (good tally) but then his second and third season he dropped below the 20 mark... Must be rubbish, right?

Also, how many of those were penalties? That is the stick used to beat Laca with innit?

Last edited:

Lidl_Reed

Wants a new name
People comparing him with Kane and Aguero are ignoring that Lacazette played on the wing for quite a few games at the end of the season, was injured for a few games, and played with an injury for a few games as well.

Given all that, his goal return is very, very good.

Even in a worst case scenario, you'd be hard pressed to find a better backup to Aubameyang, should he ever get injured.

ThlRama

Player:Saka
Um, what? When Giroud had great all-round game but wasn't scoring, it was goals we needed from our strikers. Then comes Lacazette, scores enough in basically everybody's book by the standards of an injury-ridden first season in the Premier League in an out-of-form team, half of which season he had to drop a bit deeper because he had another striker spearheading the attack from the wing... And we find his... all round game lacking? Please.

Arsenal1508

Mods are unethical! Özil, come assist me please!
Um, what? When Giroud had great all-round game but wasn't scoring, it was goals we needed from our strikers. Then comes Lacazette, scores enough in basically everybody's book by the standards of an injury-ridden first season in the Premier League in an out-of-form team, half of which season he had to drop a bit deeper because he had another striker spearheading the attack from the wing... And we find his... all round game lacking? Please.

Lacazette has not scored enough. I would rather be okay with him as backup central striker.

Do not want to risk PEA output.

Top strikers cant go on 10+ game droughts.

hyruga2

Leave Theo alone!!!
It is not his lack of goals that's the problem. He scored a decent number of goals if you check by goals per min.

It's his overall contributions and link up plays. These need improvement.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts+

Top Bottom