• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Alexandre Lacazette: Laca the Net

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mark Tobias

Mr. Agreeable
It is not his lack of goals that's the problem. He scored a decent number of goals if you check by goals per min.

It's his overall contributions and link up plays. These need improvement.
What absolute rubbish. In the first ten games of the season he made Danny Welbeck look like fecking Zidane with the way they were linking.

Reactions: Jae

El Granit-Coq

Established Member
It's great to have both PEA and Lacazette, the latter who I love so much. I hope, that Emery continues playing both as Wenger tried to. Sure we are one injury away from having to rely on Welbeck or Nketiah, but that could happen even if one of them is benched (sure the risk is minimised if they play the same position and rotate but them together offer a lot more than having to rotate).

They've also formed a great partnership! It's a shame Lacazette was playing with an injury, otherwise he could have IMO gone to atleast 20 goals. I can't wait for the new season. Will be weird seeing Emery instead of Arsène, but the team we have assembled over the years, with the great additions weve made, is a must see for me in terms of potential.

El Granit-Coq

Established Member
Özil PEA Mkhi
PEA - Lacazette - Mkhi
Özil
Torreira - Xhaka/Disciplined Ramsey
Mouth watering stuff. If you at all remember the breaks PEA made on the left... You'd understand why playing him the way Arsène tried to while keeping our most clinical striker and best playmaker in their natural positions is to me the greatest way to maximise our attacking potential.

A midfield 3 would probably be best going forward, however we know Özil has to be a crucial part of Arsenal's puzzle, so do Ramsey, Torreira and Xhaka. The latter 3 one could argue their importance, nevertheless Özil, PEA and Lacazette have to start. It's a tricky yet mouthwatering conumdrum.

TheArsenalis

Who is coming off the bench? Has to be someone who can change the game. You gonna have to admit/accept that we may need to leave one our do called best players warming the bench.
We don't wanna end up like in wengers days when 1st 11 get stuck we looking at the bench thinking none of them can save us.

MutableEarth

Reiss' Dad
Trusted ⭐
PEA - Lacazette - Mkhi
Özil
Torreira - Xhaka/Disciplined Ramsey
Mouth watering stuff. If you at all remember the breaks PEA made on the left... You'd understand why playing him the way Arséne tried to while keeping our most clinical striker and best playmaker in their natural positions is to me the greatest way to maximise our attacking potential.

A midfield 3 would probably be best going forward, however we know Özil has to be a crucial part of Arsenal's puzzle, so do Ramsey, Torreira and Xhaka. The latter 3 one could argue their importance, nevertheless Özil, PEA and Lacazette have to start. It's a tricky yet mouthwatering conumdrum.
Could see Laca dropping into deeper areas linking with Özil - with PEA and Mhki making the right off the ball runs.

Nketiah off the bench in this scenario too!

Rosso

AM's Resident United Fan
Harry Kane is very selfish though so it doesn’t even stack up. He didn’t even look to see that Sterling was free to be squared to, that would likely have killed Croatia off and England would’ve been on a WC final. He’s the golden boy so little was made of it of course.

Batman

Head of the Wayne foundation for benching Nketiah

Player:Saliba
Who is coming off the bench? Has to be someone who can change the game. You gonna have to admit/accept that we may need to leave one our do called best players warming the bench.
We don't wanna end up like in wengers days when 1st 11 get stuck we looking at the bench thinking none of them can save us.
So you sign someone. You don't break up what looks to be a flourishing partnership between 2 of your best players so you can have a bench option. What type of lunacy is that? Oh let's leave one of our best players on the bench in case we don't get in trouble. No. How about you play them together so there's less chance of you getting in trouble.

scytheavatar

Established Member

Solution: dominate the game so much that we never need to rely on someone coming off the bench to save us.

TheArsenalis

So you sign someone. You don't break up what looks to be a flourishing partnership between 2 of your best players so you can have a bench option. What type of lunacy is that? Oh let's leave one of our best players on the bench in case we don't get in trouble. No. How about you play them together so there's less chance of you getting in trouble.
You call it lunacy. I call it a plan B. Every other team has a player that can come off the bench and change the game or bring something different. Here we are planning a season long game that teams will see and adjust to half way through the season.

We have only 2 strikers btw, we have tiredness to factor in.

Fewtch

Özil at 10 And Emery Out
You call it lunacy. I call it a plan B. Every other team has a player that can come off the bench and change the game or bring something different. Here we are planning a season long game that teams will see and adjust to half way through the season.

I think Nketiah is ready to be our 3rd striker.

Box2Box

Harry Kane is very selfish though so it doesn’t even stack up. He didn’t even look to see that Sterling was free to be squared to, that would likely have killed Croatia off and England would’ve been on a WC final. He’s the golden boy so little was made of it of course.

Kane knew Sterling would have either missed or taken 6 touches and been crowded out.

razörist

Soft With The Ladies, Hard With The Mes

Wouldn’t trust Sterling to score at this point, he made the right choice.

Batman

Head of the Wayne foundation for benching Nketiah

Player:Saliba

2 of our 3 best players are strikers. In their short time together they have shown to both be more effective playing in tandem than apart. So yes, to break that up so you can have one on the bench in case of emergency rather than play them together to mitigate the likelihood of emergency arising is in fact lunacy.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Top Bottom