• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Alexandre Lacazette: Laca the Net

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mark Tobias

Mr. Agreeable
Its not like talent becomes **** when a big team doesnt buy them lol. Should mean most brittish players stay here as well.
Pretty obvious though that if the English talent is priced out of the market then they will A) not get experience, B) wind up having nothing careers and C) future youth prospects don;t even consider football

Reactions: Jae

hyruga2

Leave Theo alone!!!
And still managed 14 goals in 26 apps in the PL as a starter in his first season while carrying an injury! That's like approximately a goal every two games which I'd say is quite remarkable! Only a few players have managed that feat in their first season I think!
A lot of the goals he scored are penalties including the PL and world cup winner's league.

pigge

#Pigge #Equality

Player:Martinelli
@Mark Tobias
They probably get more experiance in smaller clubs than biggest ones. IF they have the right attitude and talent they wont end up in nothing careers.

No idea what you mean kids dont consider football, biggest sport in england

@Cazorlinho

It's not like the players that are good enough for a big team doesn't get bought though?

Promise you cannot name any player that was talented enough to play with a big team that was too expensive so they didnt buy him which made him suck. I thought i was stating the obvious when i said that english players cost isn't the reason there are less english players playing in england. All english players that cost much money already plays in england ffs.

Ceballinhos

Cheating on Santi
@Mark Tobias
They probably get more experiance in smaller clubs than biggest ones. IF they have the right attitude and talent they wont end up in nothing careers.

@Cazorlinho

It's not like the players that are good enough for a big team doesn't get bought though?

Promise you cannot name any player that was talented enough to play with a big team that was too expensive so they didnt buy him which made him suck. I thought i was stating the obvious when i said that english players cost isn't the reason there are less english players playing in england. All english players that cost much money already plays in england ffs.

Baines for instance was considered as one of the best LB in the league a few years ago but Everton wanted a crazy fee.

Mark Tobias

Mr. Agreeable
@Mark Tobias

More experience in a smaller club, hmm, very debatable. You telling me you will learn more from Jamie Vardy than from PEA? Sorry, don't buy it. Also smaller clubs don't go as far in competitions which translates to fewer minutes of first team football available. They also don;t have the resources for top coaching, facilities etc...

And I mean, if kids start to see a trend that VERY few english players make it at club level then far less kids are going to take the sport up seriously expecting a career. This isn't rocket science and happens in EVERY profession. Why do you think we have such an abundance of global talent ion the past 25 years... money and opportunities!

pigge

#Pigge #Equality

Baines for instance was considered as one of the best LB in the league a few years ago but Everton wanted a crazy fee.
Fair point, did he stop playing in the league or did his career go in the dumpster? No he's still playing in the league. They wanted like 12 mil 2012 for him, its not much for "the leagues best LB"

pigge

#Pigge #Equality

More experience in a smaller club, hmm, very debatable. You telling me you will learn more from Jamie Vardy than from PEA? Sorry, don't buy it. Also smaller clubs don't go as far in competitions which translates to fewer minutes of first team football available. They also don;t have the resources for top coaching, facilities etc...

And I mean, if kids start to see a trend that VERY few english players make it at club level then far less kids are going to take the sport up seriously expecting a career. This isn't rocket science and happens in EVERY profession. Why do you think we have such an abundance of global talent ion the past 25 years... money and opportunities!

I mean there is a reason why alot of clubs loan their kids to smaller club to gain experiance. I don't think it is debatable at all. There is much bigger chance for Nkeita to get gametime in bronemouth than in City, liverpool, united, chelsea and at us.

I'm not saying he'll have better teachers but he'll get more playing experiance. The reason English players arent making it isnt that they are good and cost much money(Then they have made it) it's something else.

pigge

#Pigge #Equality

I'll add, i think England is worse at developing footballers that are adjusted to the current football the world is playing.

I don't think the problem is that there are alot of great english players, but they cost too much so big teams cannot buy them and therefore english players are less represented.

Last edited:

Mark Tobias

Mr. Agreeable
Fair point, did he stop playing in the league or did his career go in the dumpster? No he's still playing in the league. They wanted like 12 mil 2012 for him, its not much for "the leagues best LB"
12M was a hefty sum for a defender back in 2012. Joh Stones Transfer fvcked that market up completely.

Ceballinhos

Cheating on Santi

No but imo there's a chance he would have gotten better, more experienced at the highest level if he has joined a big club.

And they wanted much more than 12M when he was considered as the best LB in the league. That's why he hasn't joined Man Utd.

pigge

#Pigge #Equality

No but imo there's a chance he would have gotten better, more experienced at the highest level if he has joined a big club.

And they wanted much more than 12M when he was considered as the best LB in the league. That's why he hasn't joined Man Utd.
Thought he was considered that when he was ~27.

I dont think that players might have gotten better if they joined a bigger club is the reason that there are more non-english players in England than other leagues. How would that affect that? I mean reasonably. How?

Jae

Thought he was considered that when he was ~27.

I dont think that players might have gotten better if they joined a bigger club is the reason that there are more non-english players in England than other leagues. How would that affect that? I mean reasonably. How?

It's simple really. You have two players who have the exact same ability. One is English and costs £30m, one is foreign and costs £15m. Which do you buy?

pigge

#Pigge #Equality

It's simple really. You have two players who have the exact same ability. One is English and costs £30m, one is foreign and costs £15m. Which do you buy?
Most likely never happend, but i see your point.

However I would say that non-english players cost as much or more. The most expensive ones at young age are usually not english.

Just googled it but, check the list of the top 10 most expensive english footballers, not that expensive bar a few:

https://www.dreamteamfc.com/c/news-...ayers-of-all-time-will-shock-you-to-the-core/

Ceballinhos

Cheating on Santi

However I would say that non-english players cost as much or more. The most expensive ones at young age are usually not english.

Just googled it but, check the list of the top 10 most expensive english footballers, not that expensive bar a few:

https://www.dreamteamfc.com/c/news-...ayers-of-all-time-will-shock-you-to-the-core/

Because they're better than the english young players.

Non english players are much cheaper unless it's a Mbappé / Dembélé kind of talent.

Stones price was ridiculous. Umtiti who was just a year older was sold for £20M even though he is a much more superior player.

And this list could go on.

TheArsenalis

When the talent is obvious and the club like dembele and mbape the club inflate the prices. Especially when seen as future stars. Ronaldo 1st prices was 17 mill. He wasnt realised then. 2nd price £90 mill inflated

pigge

#Pigge #Equality

When the talent is obvious and the club like dembele and mbape the club inflate the prices. Especially when seen as future stars. Ronaldo 1st prices was 17 mill. He wasnt realised then. 2nd price £90 mill inflated
Yeah but there isnt really any good examples of young brittish players going for OTT prices is my point.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts+

Top Bottom