• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Alexandre Lacazette: Laca the Net

Status
Not open for further replies.

Maybe

You're wrong, no?
He's a good finisher , but he's not technically good enough to make up for his lack of acceleration to play well there consistently .
His technique is excellent, great first touch and ball control under pressure, quality shooting technique also. He can't dribble past players for sure but still very comfy on the ball. Would be waste of space on the wing for the second reason, but honestly, Mkhy and Özil would also fall into same category but still they played on the wings.

Maybe

You're wrong, no?
But Auba lacks Lacas strengths in linkup/strenght

And Auba is still good if not better from the wing
Auba also lacks some basic skills for winger, but could be used in a way Pedro was used for Barcelona, just waiting on defenders shoulder. I would say he would score more than playing as CF if we can used him like that.

tap-in

Nothing Wrong With Me
If our attack is going to improve, it has to involve Laca. He was very sharp when he came on and also in pre-season, I was very disappointed that he didn't start. I know some say its a waste to play Auba on the wing but this is a team game and to get the best from our team Laca has to play. Auba will score regardless of where he plays and the two mix it up well so will switch around during play. Mkhi wasn't great yesterday and should be sacrificed for Laca vs Chelsea.

Mark Tobias

Mr. Agreeable
This forum has gone to absolute sh*t recently.

Bunch of lunatics have taken it over!
Couldn't agree more. But I wouldn't say a bunch. More like one or two absolute buffoons who can't read and muddle every post to the tune of their horrible fanboy narratives.
Anyway..

I think, as I have stated a few times, that this lad is going to be immense for us. Possibly better than Auba. As soon as he came on we turned it up two gears and moved the ball better. His shot was uncharacteristically wayward but nonetheless one the the better opportunities we created all game. Love his movement and i think him and PEA are a lethal combo. Will say though that MO10 is struggling to pick him out at times which I find odd due to MO10's usually surreal view and Laca's very good runs.

Love the way Laca holds the ball as well. Haven;t seen a striker of his stature do this in a while for us.

tap-in

Nothing Wrong With Me
Couldn't agree more. But I wouldn't say a bunch. More like one or two absolute buffoons who can't read and muddle every post to the tune of their horrible fanboy narratives.
Anyway..

I think, as I have stated a few times, that this lad is going to be immense for us. Possibly better than Auba. As soon as he came on we turned it up two gears and moved the ball better. His shot was uncharacteristically wayward but nonetheless one the the better opportunities we created all game. Love his movement and i think him and PEA are a lethal combo. Will say though that MO10 is struggling to pick him out at times which I find odd due to MO10's usually surreal view and Laca's very good runs.

Love the way Laca holds the ball as well. Haven;t seen a striker of his stature do this in a while for us.

Agreed. Tbh I'm more of a Laca fan now than I was when he joined. Last season he had injury issues but at the end and in pre-season he has looked so much better, he has to start vs Chelsea, even if it does mean Auba on the left. They are intelligent enough to mix it up anyway and have a great developing relationship.

Big Poppa

Established Member
Trusted ⭐

Player:Saliba
I'm still upset with him for the 3rd goal. We were actually on the counter with half the Chelsea team in our defensive third and he passed the ball 30 yards back straight to them. After that, he casually jogs back and barely attempts to tackle or even foul Hazard.

Right now our attacking players are snatching defeat from the jaws of victory.

Yousif Arsenal

On Vinai's payroll & misses 4th place trophy 🏆
Trusted ⭐
i don't know what he was thinking with that back pass he was under no pressure to panic like this. and that half hearted attempt to stop Hazard i know you not defender but come on man.

Still i want him to start with Auba they will perform better together

Jae

It was a bad backpass and he also failed to track Hazard properly and then so did Bellerin, and then Torreira failed to track Alonso and the shot went straight through Cech so it's all relative I suppose, there was plenty of opportunities for someone else to stick a foot in before that goal went in.

Let's not start making out it was his fault we lost the game please. The real culprits in all of this were Aubameyang and Mkhitaryan for spooning absolute sitters. Those chances were harder to miss than they were to score. They put them in and the game is done and dusted.

Ironically I think Lacazette would have scored both of those chances :lol:

freeglennhelder2

Established Member

Player:Elneny
He's protesting Emery for not starting him. **** move tbf

It was a really odd bit of play. If there is even a hint of truth in what you say (which I dont believe personally) then wouldn't be surprised if he got dropped from the squad altogether.

Like to think it was a genuine mistake and we are all over analysing it a bit.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Arsenal Quotes

I cannot classify the moments of happiness and of sadness, but every defeat is a scar in your heart that you never forget.

Arsène Wenger
Top Bottom