• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Alexandre Lacazette

Status
Not open for further replies.

carlito'sway

Established Member
Lacazette is having his third excellent season with Lyon, it's time for him to move to a bigger club in the summer.

If we were to lose Alexis then one of PEA, Lacazette, Dybala, Mbappe and Icardi is a must.

Lacazette is good but is not a significant upgrade, specially for the 45 to 50 M fee he will command. I am ok with the Giroud/Perez/Sanchez and Danny playing upfront, if we can upgrade one of the wings with a scorer/ playmaker. Marco Reus would be ideal there.

PS. Fo the umpteenth time, Mbappe is not moving this summer. So let's forget about it for now.

Vinci

The Sultan of Unai

Would be the best finisher at the club if Alexis were to leave, so that's something. Overall, a bit underwhelming, though. Needs space to run into so I don't think he would do much playing against teams that sit back all game.

Tir Na Nog

Changes Opinion Every 5 Minutes

Put it this way Lacazette is a MASSIVE upgrade on Perez and Walcott, different option to Giroud but would suite our style more so yes he'd easily be our second best forward after Alexis (or best should...as yous keep pointing out in every ****ing thread.... he leave).

Mitch

Blonde Brigade Grand Wizard
I am a big fan of Lacazette, has everything you want in CF and is one the top 10 CFs in the world.

carlito'sway

Established Member
Put it this way Lacazette is a MASSIVE upgrade on Perez and Walcott, different option to Giroud but would suite our style more so yes he'd easily be our second best forward after Alexis (or best should...as yous keep pointing out in every ****ing thread.... he leave).

Would tend to disagree with that statement. Lacazette is an upgrade, but not a massive one. He is going to cost north of 40 M and I would rather spend that money on a Marco Reus. We could live with Perez, Welbeck and potentially Alexis at CF. I have seen Lacazette regularly for the last 4 or 5 yerars and I am not a big fan. He scored 21 goals this season but this number is rather misleading (1o penalties).

Vinci

The Sultan of Unai

Depressing link, would do well to finish top 6 with tossers like Lacazette leading your attack.
Yeah, but it's the same problem we've had for years, there simply aren't many decent strikers available.

Tir Na Nog

Would tend to disagree with that statement. Lacazette is an upgrade, but not a massive one. He is going to cost north of 40 M and I would rather spend that money on a Marco Reus. We could live with Perez, Welbeck and potentially Alexis at CF. I am no fan of Lacazette.

I agree, I'm not a fan of him either I'm just saying he's better than most of our options so he'd fall under the "better than nothing" category.

Aevi

Hale End FC
It would be questionable to go for Lacazette now after having had ample opportunity to get him earlier.

Tir Na Nog

You're treading water with Lacazette.

Sign Lacazette, appoint Blanc, and the club is put back 30 years.

Our board could look at how poor PSG have been this season domestically and just assume Blanc is a top class manager because he won titles there with ease. :lol:

It's gonna happen isn't it? :(

Aevi

Hale End FC
I'm less enthusiastic about Lacazette than I was before, he has stagnated, if not gotten a bit worse number-wise. I hope he isn't our first-choice.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Top Bottom