• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Alexandre Lacazette

Status
Not open for further replies.

carlito'sway

Established Member
He divides opinion, you rate him?

He is not top "quality" but will be an upgrade over our current options (bar Alexis) to use @Tir Na Nog words. Prefer him over Lacazette.
Having said that, I am not even convinced we need to go for a CF this summer, unless it is a top tier (and can't think of any available).
IMO, we need a scorer/playmaker on the wings and we could do with our currents options of Perez/Danny/ Alexis at the CF position. Theo, Iwobi and Ox are not cutting it on the wings. I am thinking of Marco Reus but I am sure we can find other great wing players to help us.

Last edited:

carlito'sway

Established Member
To be fair to Emery, Nice and Monaco have improved massively this season. He's got tougher competition than Blanc did.

Agree. Ligue 1 is much stronger and competitive this season. Will be even stronger next season with Bielsa at LOSC, Lyon will improve as well Bordeaux.

PS. Blanc to Arsenal will not happen. No way! :)

Vinci

The Sultan of Unai

Really like Vitolo from Sevilla, he has it all except for end product, which is a real shame.

Would go big on someone like Carrasco and Mbappe, will cost a sweet penny, but the attack will be set for the coming years.

carlito'sway

Established Member
Really like Vitolo from Sevilla, he has it all except for end product, which is a real shame.

Would go big on someone like Carrasco and Mbappe, will cost a sweet penny, but the attack will be set for the coming years.

I was thinking the same about Vitolo. If he could score he would have been perfect. Carrasco has progressed well in Spain. I would be happy with him if we can't get Reus.

Impact

Established Member
His record at Lyon is very impressive. Want to write him off as average but he's done enough to get a chance at a better club. All of us would take Aubameyang now but he wasn't putting up anywhere near Lacazette's numbers at St Etienne.

Aevi

Hale End FC
I'm less enthusiastic about Lacazette than I was before, he has stagnated, if not gotten a bit worse number-wise. I hope he isn't our first-choice.
I take this back, I just had a look and he's having a much better season than I thought. 21 goals and 2 assists in 21 appearances in the league, not shabby at all. Even though some of them are pens, we can't really complain because we could do with a solid pen-taker at the club. I heard he'd started the season badly, not sure where but whether even if that's true he has definitely picked himself up then.

Yeah, I'd say he's definitely worth a punt.

Penn_

Established Member
Trusted ⭐
If Wenger's staying I don't see Lacazette being that effective for us.

Either way, he doesn't exactly get the blood flowing.

jai®o

Most Clueless Muppet
What part do you think is it a joke?
Thinking we should be paying 50 or 60M for a striker who has never been prolific and who cost Madrid half that less than 8 months ago and is having another less than stellar season.

I wouldn't pay a penny over 25M for Morata.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom