• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Alexandre Lacazette

Status
Not open for further replies.

Trilly

Hates A-M, Saka, Arteta and You
Trusted ⭐

I've seen enough. He scores all types of goals, and can run in behind or can beat a man with the dribble, he also has a good left foot and is above average technically.

He broke into the Lyon team as a winger which means he's fluid enough to play in our 'system' and has now scored consistently at the CF position for three seasons. Look at our striking options and realise that we can't afford the top bracket of strikers. We have to take 'risks' now.

This guy is a no-brainer. I said all of this in the summer as well.

P.s. The beard is magnificent.

tap-in

Nothing Wrong With Me
I've seen enough. He scores all types of goals, and can run in behind or can beat a man with the dribble, he also has a good left foot and is above average technically.

He broke into the Lyon team as a winger which means he's fluid enough to play in our 'system' and has now scored consistently at the CF position for three seasons. Look at our striking options and realise that we can't afford the top bracket of strikers. We have to take 'risks' now.

Yes, and it seems we offered 29m last summer so why didnt we go back with more. Same old same old!

Trilly

Trusted ⭐

I also suspect we'll offer big money for Mbappe.
Hope so. A signing that makes you dream that kid.

We could start building the rest of the squad while Mbappe develops into the crown jewel, the world class striker we've all been waiting for.

carlito'sway

Established Member
Yes, and it seems we offered 29m last summer so why didnt we go back with more. Same old same old!

Untrue. Aulas said himself the offers he received for Lacazette in the range of 40 t0 45 M last season. He did not mention the clubs but likely AFC and WHU.

carlito'sway

Established Member

I have seen a lot of Lacazette as well. If he can maintain the level he showed vs Roma, it would be worth it. However, having watched him regularly, I am not convinced he is there.

GDeep™

League is very weak
Hope so. A signing that makes you dream that kid.

We could start building the rest of the squad while Mbappe develops into the crown jewel, the world class striker we've all been waiting for.

Yeah but I don't think Monaco will sell.

Trilly

Trusted ⭐

@carlito'sway What exactly is it with Lacazette that makes you think he couldn't do it here?

If it helps can you compare him playing CF to the few games when Theo played CF.

Preacher

Always Crying
Untrue. Aulas said himself the offers he received for Lacazette in the range of 40 t0 45 M last season. He did not mention the clubs but likely AFC and WHU.
SUMMARY: Arsenal have had a €35,000,000 bid rejected. OL have stated Lacazette is not for sale.

carlito'sway

Established Member
@carlito'sway What exactly is it with Lacazette that makes you think he couldn't do it here?

If it helps can you compare him playing CF to the few games when Theo played CF.

OH... Would take Alex L every day of the week over Theo. He is so much better and Walcott is one level or two below him. Walcott, for my money, should have been sold last year.
Having said that, I think we should spend a Lacazette fee more efficiently for a Reus type player (scorer/playmaker) on the wings. I also believe we have a great need for a top CM as well.
Laca will cost a lot of money (50/60 M) and I am not convinced the ROI will be worth it.
I have to say I am looking forward to watch him again vs Roma and see if he can keep that level of performance. He was magnificent yesterday.

carlito'sway

Established Member
SUMMARY: Arsenal have had a €35,000,000 bid rejected. OL have stated Lacazette is not for sale.

If you go back to the Lacazette posts/ thread from last summer...I wrote exatly that as well and I told every one around at the time that Lyon would not sell him.
By the way, Arsenal came back with an improved offer.

carlito'sway

Established Member
This is what most people who watch Lacazette say. Respect your opinion as you watch French football more than most.

TBH, Alex was terrific yesterday though but I was as pleased to see Fekir playing well too. If he can recover totally and get back to his level, he is the player I would break the bank for.

Trilly

Trusted ⭐

OH... Would take Alex L every day of the week over Theo. He is so much better and Walcott is one level or two below him. Walcott, for my money, should have been sold last year.
Having said that, I think we should spend a Lacazette fee more efficiently for a Reus type player (scorer/playmaker) on the wings. I also believe we have a great need for a top CM as well.
Laca will cost a lot of money (50/60 M) and I am not convinced the ROI will be worth it.
I have to say I am looking forward to watch him again vs Roma and see if he can keep that level of performance. He was magnificent yesterday.
Fair enough, so it's about him not being worth the fee.

Red London

Anti-Simp Culture
Trusted ⭐
The Lacazzette debate really confuses me. I dont have much say in the matter because I have hardly ever watched him, but why do a lot of people say they dont rate him highly?
He's consistently scored around 20+ in Ligue 1, hes young technical strong and fast. So whats the issue

Kingslayer

Forza Milan
Spanish newspaper Marca have an article in their Monday edition looking at Atletico Madrid’s interest in Alexandre Lacazette. The striker is expected to leave Lyon during the summer transfer window, and Atletico are one of the clubs interested in a deal.

Marca say that Lacazette has been ‘on the verge’ of agreeing to join Arsenal in the summer, but interest from Atletico has slowed this down and made the Frenchman reconsider.

The Spanish newspaper believe that Lacazette was close to a ‘firm commitment’ to sign for Arsène Wenger. Atletico’s interest has changed everything, at least according to Marca.

As it stands Atletico are banned from signing (or least registering) anyone during the summer transfer window, but they’re hopeful of the ban being overturned. Real Madrid had their ban reduced to just the January window and Atletico hope for the same.

Screen-Shot-2017-03-13-at-11.23.05-277x300.png

It’s explained that Jean-Michel Aulas is ready to negotiate and whilst that may be right, Marca’s €35m valuation would make the Lyon president guffaw.

Should Arsenal genuinely be edging closer to signing Lacazette, and Atletico be their primary competition, then any Spanish idea the striker would cost €35m would swing things in Wenger’s favour.

http://sportwitness.co.uk/e35m-problem-atletico-beat-arsenal-transfer-not-chance-wenger-back/

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Top Bottom