• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Alexandre Lacazette

Status
Not open for further replies.

Slartibartfast

CIES Loyalist

I don't reject anything that it says in there, but once again it's a completely unsourced article seemingly based only on assumptions and conjecture. It's an opinion piece masquerading as news. I could churn out a similar article on any transfer I'd been following in a matter of minutes, except that I wouldn't because I wouldn't write something unsourced unless it was clearly an opinion piece. Sometimes I wonder what these guys do all day.

every little thing

Arsène Wenger prefers Alexandre Lacazette to Pierre-Emerick Aubameyang - Julien Laurens

ARSENAL boss Arsène Wenger would prefer to sign Lyon star Alexandre Lacazette over Borussia Dortmund's Pierre-Emerick Aubameyang.
That is according to European football expert Julien Laurens, who believes Lacazette's style of play would suit the Gunners more.

Arsenal have been linked with moves for both the France striker and Aubameyang in recent days, as Wenger looks to strengthen his attack ahead of next season.

Aubameyang has told Dortmund he wants to leave the club this summer, and has also attracted interest from Paris Saint-Germain and Liverpool.

But Laurens thinks Lacazette is the striker Arsenal will be prioritising in this transfer window.

"Lacazette is a bit cheaper and he's a bit younger as well," he said on ESPN FC.

"I think in Arsène Wenger's side mind, Lacazette is more of an Arsenal player.

"If you think of Aubameyang, if you don't play in transition like Borussia Dortmund do, if you don't have a lot of space where he can run through and run in behind the opposition's defence, then he's not really that useful.

"Arsenal never play like that because when they play against teams in the Premier League, especially at the Emirates, everybody plays 11 men behind the ball and wait for them on the edge of the box.

"There is not that space for Aubameyang to run into.
"Lacazette is much better in small areas, small spaces and I think that is why Wenger likes Lacazette more than he likes Aubameyang."

Agree?;)

Bendtneer

Will be very uninspiring signing.

But I guess that is the state of our club right now. We will keep signing Arteta, Cazorla and Mertesacker level signings for many years to come. Not that they are bad players... But not good enough for what we really want.
Did you try n squeeze Santi cazorla in btw arteta n Per..Seriously ?

Mark Tobias

Mr. Agreeable
I think this player is perfect for us. While he may not be the best striker money can buy at the moment I do think he is one of the best suited to our style.

HairSprayGooners

My brother posted it ⏩
Don't think we'll see any movement on Laca until Mbappe decision is made by the player. Still plenty of time after Mbappe decides (which I assume will be before Monaco start training on the 29th June) to get Lacazette done. I'm happy to wait.

Anything between now and Mbappe decision is BS in my opinion.

Amsterdam Gooner 88

Vieira couldn't get ahead Deschamps or even Karembu in 98.

Sissoko has been ahead of the likes of Bakayoko, Tolisso and Kante under Deschamps.

T.silva couldn't even get into the Brazil squad under Dunga.

England's squad first choice CB is Stones despite Keane, Gibson, Maguire, Holding, Chambers, Mawson and Stephens all being far better.

Club legends Wright, Andy Cole, Fowler and Le God never made it at international level.

Judging a player's ability on poor manager choices from poor managers like Deschamps, Dunga, Hoddle and Southgate isn'the the best method of judging a player.

Preach homie

Kobi

I Know Who You Are
I'm fully aware of the lower opposition argument. However, it's the type of goal that peaks my interest. If it were Suarez's final season at Liverpool there wouldn't be a comparison. However if you look at the goals that Kane scored the tap ins and penalties are something Lacazette can easily replicate. If Defoe can get 15 goals in the bottom team I really don't see goal scoring being a problem with Lacazette. Obviously the comparison with Kane is premature, but I really don't think Lacazette would be an underwhelming signing.

I'm not disagreeing with you, considering what's out there he is probably the most viable option (Mbappe is a pipe dream).
I'm just exercising a note of caution, it's still easier to score a tap in against poorer opposition because the defence will most likely be slower to react, how many tap ins do Juve concede?

Even penalties, if the overall standard of goalkeeper is higher then chances are the conversion rate will go down.

Honestly think the French league is more physical and technical.

Zlatan posted those numbers in a team superior to any in England and he still posted good no in an average United team.

I would agree, certainly on the technical argument, I don't even think the Premier League is that good it's a massive hype job BUT because of the masses of money spread throughout the league you get no easy games.
Every week is tough, Crystal Palace spent £35m on a player ffs, Crystal Palace!!
How many teams in the bottom half of Ligue 1 have £35m players?

The other thing is because of the enormity of the money on offer teams are terrified of missing out on targets/going down meaning a large percentage of games have (at least) one team set up very defensively.

Trilly

Hates A-M, Saka, Arteta and You
Trusted ⭐

Arséne Wenger prefers Alexandre Lacazette to Pierre-Emerick Aubameyang - Julien Laurens

ARSENAL boss Arséne Wenger would prefer to sign Lyon star Alexandre Lacazette over Borussia Dortmund's Pierre-Emerick Aubameyang.
That is according to European football expert Julien Laurens, who believes Lacazette's style of play would suit the Gunners more.

Arsenal have been linked with moves for both the France striker and Aubameyang in recent days, as Wenger looks to strengthen his attack ahead of next season.

Aubameyang has told Dortmund he wants to leave the club this summer, and has also attracted interest from Paris Saint-Germain and Liverpool.

But Laurens thinks Lacazette is the striker Arsenal will be prioritising in this transfer window.

"Lacazette is a bit cheaper and he's a bit younger as well," he said on ESPN FC.

"I think in Arséne Wenger's side mind, Lacazette is more of an Arsenal player.

"If you think of Aubameyang, if you don't play in transition like Borussia Dortmund do, if you don't have a lot of space where he can run through and run in behind the opposition's defence, then he's not really that useful.

"Arsenal never play like that because when they play against teams in the Premier League, especially at the Emirates, everybody plays 11 men behind the ball and wait for them on the edge of the box.

"There is not that space for Aubameyang to run into.
"Lacazette is much better in small areas, small spaces and I think that is why Wenger likes Lacazette more than he likes Aubameyang."

Agree?;)
Been saying this for a while along with @BBF

I'd take Auba but he's essentially a taller, faster Theo that's suited to the middle and better at finishing. He's obviously a bit more refined but he's nothing special.

Reactions: BBF

bingobob

A-M’s Resident Hunskelper
Trusted ⭐

Would be silly to consider as a direct replacement IMO.
Perhaps not direct but a replacement in as much as Giroud replaced RVP. Seems like a major move by them given their chairman says it's an ambitious move.

May the wheels be in motion?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom