• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Alexandre Lacazette

Status
Not open for further replies.

Rimaal

Mesmerised By Raccoons
Trusted ⭐
Lacazette was the back up option and since this link has died down, we can only assume that the madness is going well.

There was never a madness :lol: Only PR spin to keep the natives quiet.
Wenger and co. noticed that if they say they tried to get WC and failed, it will placate many of the fans. Much better than saying we didn't even try.
YOu don;t go for madness when your first choice was Vardy, and your second bid was 30m for Laca back in June.

A_G

Rice Rice Baby 🎼🎵
A-M CL Draft Campeón 🏆
Wenger and co. noticed that if they say they tried to get WC and failed, it will placate many of the fans. Much better than saying we didn't even try.
YOu don;t go for madness when your first choice was Vardy, and your second bid was 30m for Laca back in June.
I'm too invested in the madness to give up now. In Dean We Trust.

Garrincha

Wilf Zaha Aficionado
Trusted ⭐
Release clauses are not allowed in France

There are workarounds but none reported in this players contract.

"Release clauses are officially illegal in France in accordance with LFP rules. The only way in which such a clause could exist is if a separate contract not ratified by the French league was signed between a club, in this example, Lyon and a player, in this example Alexandre Lacazette, which is legally binding to the point where if OL receive a formal offer above a certain price (such is the case between Lassana Diarra and Marseille), they must allow the French international to speak with the club." @GFFN

every little thing

last year is the BIG ONE, this year is the MADNESS. Always the same story. Many expected Benzema last year LOL

bingobob

A-M’s Resident Hunskelper
Trusted ⭐

If we're still trying to convince them of our 'project' with two weeks left it's not happening.
This is the worry and exactly what Henry and co said yesterday. Are we a top destination for players? The answer is clearly no. All those players who've left France in years gone by, Ribery, Benzema, Pogba, Varane, Griezmann there will be others further afield than France as well all choose elsewhere and France is meant to Wenger's bread and butter.

We attract players that see us as a stepping stone or players who want to earn a chunk of money at a decent club. For players like Giroud ans Gabriel this is as good as it gets, why turn it down. If you've ambitions to win then you don't go here. Özil and Alexis are aware we'll sell to rivals but rivals won't sell to us. So no issue joining Arsenal as a stepping stone, if it works and we win great if it doesn't well it was a short journey to greener pastures.

At least that's how I feel at the moment. I wouldn't sign for us.

ymwito

There are workarounds but none reported in this players contract.

"Release clauses are officially illegal in France in accordance with LFP rules. The only way in which such a clause could exist is if a separate contract not ratified by the French league was signed between a club, in this example, Lyon and a player, in this example Alexandre Lacazette, which is legally binding to the point where if OL receive a formal offer above a certain price (such is the case between Lassana Diarra and Marseille), they must allow the French international to speak with the club." @GFFN

That's not a way around, that's an "accord sous seing privé" which is not enforceable in France. That would be the equivalent of a gentleman's agreement: it's always up to both parties to stand by their agreement (they could just refuse in the end without any consequences)

A_G

Rice Rice Baby 🎼🎵
A-M CL Draft Campeón 🏆
Özil & Sanchez happened because the selling clubs made huge purchases. With two weeks left none of the big three have made big purchases.

On the madness front, we're screwed :lol:
True, but I'm just saying that Özil was able to be convinced in a short space of time.

Lollipoppins

AM's Chef de Cuisine
That's not a way around, that's an "accord sous seing privé" which is not enforceable in France. That would be the equivalent of a gentleman's agreement: it's always up to both parties to stand by their agreement (they could just refuse in the end without any consequences)
Thanks that's what i was looking for. So what are the consequences of Lacazette handing in a transfer request? Or are there any legal stipulations regarding them specific to France?

carlito'sway

Established Member

Indeed.....Any such accord has no legal standing. Apparently Lass Diarra had one and they basically told him to forget about it.
Lyon management is too shrewd to get into this sort of agreement as well.

carlito'sway

Established Member
Thanks that's what i was looking for. So what are the consequences of Lacazette handing in a transfer request? Or are there any legal stipulations regarding them specific to France?

He could do that but that would be for him forfeiting over 5 M. In addition, the club could just say no and play hard ball. Last year, he tried to force the club's hands on a salary/ extension negotiation and it did not end too well for him, although he got a big raise. That episode may have cost him as well the Euro. He will not go on a new fight with the club this year.

Lollipoppins

AM's Chef de Cuisine
He could do that but that would be for him forfeiting over 5 M. In addition, the club could just say no and play hard ball. Last year, he tried to force the club's hands on a salary/ extension negotiation and it did not end too well for him, although he got a big raise. That episode may have cost him as well the Euro. He will not go on a new fight with the club this year.
So there's no room for maneuverability regarding his contract. Which means that unless Arsenal stump up the asking price, given he won't be inclined to force a move, he is not leaving Lyon this summer.
Why is he even a target of ours still? This looks more like his agent trying to secure the best deal with Lyon going forward. He isn't coming to Arsenal this summer anyway. :confused:

carlito'sway

Established Member
So there's no room for maneuverability regarding his contract. Which means that unless Arsenal stump up the asking price, given he won't be inclined to force a move, he is not leaving Lyon this summer.
Why is he even a target of ours still? This looks more like his agent trying to secure the best deal with Lyon going forward. He isn't coming to Arsenal this summer anyway. :confused:

Actually, I think Aulas will give him an other raise and make him the best paid player at OL (Valbuena is now).
I don't think OL will sell, period. They have a shortage of forwards now, they have only 3 (Cornet, Laca and Fekir) since Ghezzal is going to be sold. I heard they may bring Remy to rotate with these three above.

Lollipoppins

AM's Chef de Cuisine
Actually, I think Aulas will give him an other raise and make him the best paid player at OL (Valbuena is now).
I don't think OL will sell, period. They have a shortage of forwards now, they have only 3 (Cornet, Laca and Fekir) since Ghezzal is going to be sold. I heard they may bring Remy to rotate with these three above.

Yeah i read as much. Grand. Thanks for that @carlito'sway. Just wanted to make sure i can permanently disregard any further updates on this thread. :p
Right so, on to perv on anything Mustafi and the lcfc/spud/manu forums.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts+

Top Bottom