• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Alexei Eremenko

MightyArsenal

First time ive ever heard of him. Although the surname Eramenko sounds familiar...The guy is finnish but im sure there is a russian guy called that as well.

patrick42uk

Established Member
i think his parents are russian but he lived in finland for a while or somethng. wenger likes athleticism and russians are as athletic as europeans get.

Arsu86

His dad Alexei Eremenko is russian but they moved to Finland when Jr was very young. Sr. is 40 years old but he is still playing for Jaro in the Finnish League. Jr joined Lecce in the summer from HJK. Jr. has about 10 caps and he has scored about 8 goals in them. I think he has scored 6 goals in the WC qualifications for Finland. He dominated the Finnish League and I think he is our new star. He has a very good shot and a very technical player. I think he should suit Arsenal very well.
He recently spoke to a Finnish newspaper, and he told them that several EPL teams wants him but he just joined Lecce so he's not sure if he wants to leave already. He has saved Finland together with Niemi in the WC qualifications. As someone said, he is our new Litmanen and i definately think he gould make it here. He also has a brother Roman who is 17 and plays for Jaro and the Finnish U-19 team, and he is even more talented.
My feeling is that he wont leave Lecce yet, but maybe in the future, and Arsenal would be a good club for him.

Mostarac

Established Member
Sometimes I just can`t understand Wenger. Eremenko`s teammate Bojinov is one of Europe`s best young strikers, and what do we do? We want to buy a socalled talented Russian-Finn who is not even playing regularly at Lecce at the age of 21.

nnaife

Mostarac said:
Sometimes I just can`t understand Wenger. Eremenko`s teammate Bojinov is one of Europe`s best young strikers, and what do we do? We want to buy a socalled talented Russian-Finn who is not even playing regularly at Lecce at the age of 21.

i agree :(

seanconvey66

nnaife said:
Mostarac said:

i agree :(

Money might be a problem :!:
Cant buy everyone especially when we would have to pay big money. Do you really think other teams arent interested Bojinov aswell, it aint that simple

Florida Gooner

I've seen a few Leece games this season, he's been in 17 of them, but I can't say that I've noticed him even one bit. Probably focused too much on Bojinov... :lol:

Clarkey

Anyone remember when people didn't notice Gilberto for our club? One to note, Wenger is no doubt latched onto something. And lets face it guys with the little money he has, he has rarely got it wrong.

Ratinho

Established Member
Mostarac said:

Well how about we stick this 3m euro bid in for Bojinov instead then? :roll:

We know they are watching Bojinov, but we probably can't afford him, especially with the other positions we need to strengthen.

kel varnsen

Established Member
his dad played for my local side, tromsoe, a few years ago. he was really good; great ball control and vision. i would think his son have some of the same qualities then. too bad the family moved from tromsoe; otherwise jeremenko jr would play for tromsoe right now... :D

arsenal98

His dad Alexei sr. joined my local side, FF Jaro in 1991 so I´ve had the chance to follow jr´s development on and off for many years. There´s never been any doubt that he´s got talent, what has been questioned though are his ego, temperament and sometimes work-rate. Since u-8 days to this day he´s come across as a cocky, somewhat sulky player, especially if games or his own game haven´t gone his way. In his "adult" days he´s been all over the local hellos and enquirers for two (or three)-timing his girl-friend(s), getting arrested for suspected assault after a night out and a lot I even can´t remember anymore. He should be well equipped for life in the real bright lights then, eh? Always some controversy though but perhaps AW would be just the tonic for him to finally grow-up. At a couple of million euros he might be worth a try because he is very good shot especially at set-pieces with Henryesque 30-yard screamers in the top corner in a couple of recent internationals for example. Also a good dribbler....If we should buy one of the three Eremenkos I´d go for the youngest at 17, Roman who is the one with the most talent. I´ve got FF Jaro´s phone number so just call me boss ! :)

air

I thought about posting this overnight, but I don't think he's good enough for Arsenal.

Top Bottom