• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Alexis Claude-Maurice

yybecause

Formerly known as ArsenaLover
wtf he scored some amazing goals.

My only criticism is I doubt he'd be playing CAM in the premier league; he wouldnt get the space to do those things and if he isnt a great passer / assister he will be better used in wide AM positions

apparently his vision is his main strength

OnlyOne

‘Donkeys don’t have a peak, they remain useless’
Trusted ⭐

This is fantastic, I don't speak French but it tells you a lot. From what I've been reading as well maybe he could play CAM? Looks great, think he'll fit in at Madrid.

Harry Hunter

Norwich want him as well and if we sign him I can’t see him getting too many opportunities especially with a new signing and nelson coming back and martenelli so we could loan to them for him to get pl experience.

Slartibartfast

CIES Loyalist
Norwich want him as well and if we sign him I can’t see him getting too many opportunities especially with a new signing and nelson coming back and martenelli so we could loan to them for him to get pl experience.

Martinelli is 17. He would play for the U-23 team.

Slartibartfast

CIES Loyalist
Depends on how highly they rate him. Could be like Hudson-Odoi where he gradually becomes more and more involved as the season goes on.

It seems highly unlikely that a skinny 17-year-old whose professional experience consists of 17 games in the 4th tier of Brazilian football (think: League Two) would be ready to hit the ground running in the Premier League.

As Arsenal correspondent Charles Watts wrote about him in a profile about a month ago:

He will get a chance to train with the senior team in the summer, but whether he goes on the pre-season tour to the United States is down to how he settles and whether he impresses at London Colney.

He will be competing with the players such as Bukayo Saka in the Under-23s, who is another incredible talent and has already featured in the Premier League this season under Emery.

So Martinelli will have to hit the ground running if he wants to make an immediate impression in north London.

https://www.goal.com/en-us/news/who...erkid-arsenal-are-/1keo71dolc5zv1w02lqi92tab4

Hudson-Odoi, remember, has been at Chelsea for 12 years and came through the academy. That's quite a different prospect than going to a strange foreign land. Best not to get your hopes up for an immediate payoff.

field442

Hates Journalists Named James
Trusted ⭐
It seems highly unlikely that a skinny 17-year-old whose professional experience consists of 17 games in the 4th tier of Brazilian football (think: League Two) would be ready to hit the ground running in the Premier League.

As Arsenal correspondent Charles Watts wrote about him in a profile about a month ago:

He will get a chance to train with the senior team in the summer, but whether he goes on the pre-season tour to the United States is down to how he settles and whether he impresses at London Colney.

He will be competing with the players such as Bukayo Saka in the Under-23s, who is another incredible talent and has already featured in the Premier League this season under Emery.

So Martinelli will have to hit the ground running if he wants to make an immediate impression in north London.

https://www.goal.com/en-us/news/who...erkid-arsenal-are-/1keo71dolc5zv1w02lqi92tab4

Hudson-Odoi, remember, has been at Chelsea for 12 years and came through the academy. That's quite a different prospect than going to a strange foreign land. Best not to get your hopes up for an immediate payoff.

He’ll be 18 when the season starts and came to prominence in the Paulista. That’s mostly Serie A and Serie B teams and he was in the team of the year and young player of the year for that competition. Being called up to train with the national team before the Copa America also suggests he’s a little bit good. I’m not expecting him to start every game but I don’t think it’s out of the question he manages to work his way into the first team squad. He plays in an area of the pitch where we’re not particularly blessed with star talent.

dashsnow17

Doesn’t Rate Any Of Our Attackers
Trusted ⭐
If this guy came in and Martinelli also, that'd be Nelson, ESR, Claude-Maurice, Saka, Amaechi & Martinelli all sort of competing in similar positions in a similar age group, plus Iwobi.

That'd be quite an array of young attacking talent, only the best of them would get minutes and make it. But then they'd have been assembled for peanuts, so even if you needed to sell some down the line you should be able to turn a profit.

In this context buying Fraser would make no sense whatsoever. If you have a glut of young talent in attack, why block it with a player who's good-ish but not great?

If one of Mkhi or Özil (I doubt both) goes then you'd look to bring in a more experienced replacement. But it wouldn't be Fraser for me, but someone like Ziyech or Bruno Fernandes.

Slartibartfast

CIES Loyalist
He’ll be 18 when the season starts and came to prominence in the Paulista. That’s mostly Serie A and Serie B teams and he was in the team of the year and young player of the year for that competition. Being called up to train with the national team before the Copa America also suggests he’s a little bit good. I’m not expecting him to start every game but I don’t think it’s out of the question he manages to work his way into the first team squad. He plays in an area of the pitch where we’re not particularly blessed with star talent.

If he does well enough, he could get a look in the first team like Saka, but the point is that Arsenal isn't buying him with the idea of him being in the first team. He'll be in the U-23's, where he can be called into service for a cup game now and then or in an emergency, depending on how well he does. But he should not be part of the discussion of solutions for the first team.

Yousif Arsenal

On Vinai's payroll & misses 4th place trophy 🏆
Trusted ⭐
Signing this guy and Saliba for combained 30M euros would be amazing. hopefully after signing this guy we'll turn our focus to Saliba i think he'll be bit harder to get because his club would ask alot of money

ThisFather

Fan of Alpha Males
Reminds me a bit of a depay. Physically, he seems sound as well. Doesn't look far from performing at the top level. Also got to remember it's not like he's doing well in some random low level youth competition. I know its ligue 2, but doing so well at that age at that standard is still impressive. He's playing with adults and coping well.

Off the top of my head, Koscielny, Giroud and Guendouzi also came from Ligue 2.

Camron

Photoshop King
Trusted ⭐

Player:Martinelli
Reminds me a bit of a depay. Physically, he seems sound as well. Doesn't look far from performing at the top level. Also got to remember it's not like he's doing well in some random low level youth competition. I know its ligue 2, but doing so well at that age at that standard is still impressive. He's playing with adults and coping well.

Off the top of my head, Koscielny, Giroud and Guendouzi also came from Ligue 2.
Shades of Hazard as well for me.

Red London

Anti-Simp Culture
Trusted ⭐
He looks like a great player in the making, let's hope we get this done.

More of this please, and fewer Frasers/Perisics/Carrascos.
So lets just sign young players? How is that going to start getting us into top4 anytime soon.

You need balance

Latest posts

Top Bottom