• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Alexis Claude-Maurice

kraphtous

Raul Stanllehi
So lets just sign young players? How is that going to start getting us into top4 anytime soon.

You need balance
I'm not all for young players either, but I definitely prefer these players to older average players like those 3.

If they are quality like Aubameyang/Lacazette, go for it.

Red London

Anti-Simp Culture
Trusted ⭐
I'm not all for young players either, but I definitely prefer these players to older average players like those 3.

If they are quality like Aubameyang/Lacazette, go for it.
Someone like Carrasco would be a good signing imo, CL final goalscorer and is only 25. He'd rejuvinate his career here.

I agree with people like Perisic though I dont want 29-30 year olds on their last big contract.

kraphtous

Raul Stanllehi
Someone like Carrasco would be a good signing imo, CL final goalscorer and is only 25. He'd rejuvinate his career here.

I agree with people like Perisic though I dont want 29-30 year olds on their last big contract.
Carrasco would be the same as Perisic, if not worse considering what it'd take to sign him. He's a washed up, overpriced player who was never really really good. I'd rather have Alexis Claude-Maurice here than someone like him.

drippin

Obsessed with "Mature Trusted Members"

Carrasco would be the same as Perisic, if not worse considering what it'd take to sign him. He's a washed up, overpriced player who was never really really good. I'd rather have Alexis Claude-Maurice here than someone like him.

I think it would be very important to get a EPL proven winger or otherwise well proven winger in addition to the young guns. Those are always a risk going to a full season.

kraphtous

Raul Stanllehi
I think it would be very important to get a EPL proven winger or otherwise well proven winger in addition to the young guns. Those are always a risk going to a full season.
Don't disagree at all. It depends on which proven winger though, if it's someone like Carrasco, Fraser or Perisic, then I'd rather save the money and try next year for someone truly elite or close to that level.

drippin

Don't disagree at all. It depends on which proven winger though, if it's someone like Carrasco, Fraser or Perisic, then I'd rather save the money and try next year for someone truly elite or close to that level.

Well, depends on the price. Perisic is a no from me unless under 20 million euros. Fraser under 25. Carrasco under 35 or so. Not too bad prices to try for the UCL spot next season. Last two have resale value.

kraphtous

Raul Stanllehi
Well, depends on the price. Perisic is a no from me unless under 20 million euros. Fraser under 25. Carrasco under 35 or so. Not too bad prices to try for the UCL spot next season. Last two have resale value.
That is still too much money wasted on worse players than you can get for the same/similar price.

drippin

That is still too much money wasted on worse players than you can get for the same/similar price.

What are those? Are you suggesting this Alexis is better than Carrasco or what? That kind of thing can be easily disproven by game time at top clubs and competitions.

Plus that money won't be wasted because you get proven performer to try UCL spot, and you can sell them for same money easily because those two are okay deals.

kraphtous

Raul Stanllehi
What are those? Are you suggesting this Alexis is better than Carrasco or what? That kind of thing can be easily disproven by game time at top clubs and competitions.

Plus that money won't be wasted because you get proven performer to try UCL spot, and you can sell them for same money easily because those two are okay deals.
Example: Ziyech is available, he’s better than Carrasco AND cheaper.

Another example: Brandt is better, was available, he is better than Carrasco AND was cheaper.

I’m sure our top scouts can find other such examples. But even the ones that are more expensive (ex: Pepe) are much more worth than spending whatever money on a failed player and his stupid contract.

Red London

Anti-Simp Culture
Trusted ⭐
Example: Ziyech is available, he’s better than Carrasco AND cheaper.

Another example: Brandt is better, was available, he is better than Carrasco AND was cheaper.

I’m sure our top scouts can find other such examples. But even the ones that are more expensive (ex: Pepe) are much more worth than spending whatever money on a failed player and his stupid contract.
Why is everyone comfortably better than Carrasco? He's in China so he stunted his growth but he's always had bags of ability. He only left Athleti because he got a ridculous offer and Athleti have good relations with the club he plays for now. (He had issues with Simeone also)

kraphtous

Raul Stanllehi
Why is everyone comfortably better than Carrasco? He's in China so he stunted his growth but he's always had bags of ability. He only left Athleti because he got a ridculous offer and Athleti have good relations with the club he plays for now. (He had issues with Simeone also)
Because I’ve seen him play for Atletico and he wasn’t very good. Atletico didn’t even try to keep him, no one else was interested and even now no one is interested. Not even Arsenal, even though the dude’s agent is trying hard to get him back to Europe for one last big contract.

dashsnow17

Doesn’t Rate Any Of Our Attackers
Trusted ⭐
I feel like I've spent half my life reading arguments about why older players are better than younger players or why younger players are better than older players. Superior players are better than inferior players, that's the only truth.

Steev10

I feel like I've spent half my life reading arguments about why older players are better than younger players or why younger players are better than older players. Superior players are better than inferior players, that's the only truth.

Amen brother

Red London

Anti-Simp Culture
Trusted ⭐
What do you even mean by this? In terms of a club identifying a player to sign they need to take age into account.

Signing a talented 22 year old will have different pros and cons to signing a proven 29 year old for example. A club must balance this in the correct way and thats why it causes debate; people have different opinion on the matter.

truth_hurts

but Holding’s hair transplant was painless

I'd be happier with an in form Mkhi or Perisic starting here with a Maurice, Martinelli or Nelson as understudy.

Perisic would have been perfect in January to push us into the top 4. Do we pay 25-30m for a short term fix like Perisic, 70m for a Zaha or Pepe or 10-20m on a Fraser, Maurice or another up and comer? It's hard to say.

Red London

Anti-Simp Culture
Trusted ⭐
I'd be happier with an in form Mkhi or Perisic starting here with a Maurice, Martinelli or Nelson as understudy.

Perisic would have been perfect in January to push us into the top 4. Do we pay 25-30m for a short term fix like Perisic, 70m for a Zaha or Pepe or 10-20m on a Fraser, Maurice or another up and comer? It's hard to say.
Balance it out. I personally would have signed someone who can go straight into our side + a youthful winger. We dont need two young ones really we have Nelson, Saka and Amaechi. But im never gonna complain about exciting talented signings tbh

For me it would be the same situation in defence. Sell Mustafi, loan Mavro and sign someone like Saliba + someone who can start in our side.

That way we improve the first team and get players for the future

truth_hurts

but Holding’s hair transplant was painless
Balance it out. I personally would have signed someone who can go straight into our side + a youthful winger. We dont need two really we have Nelson, Saka and Amaechi.

For me it would be the same situation in defence. Sell Mustafi, loan Mavro and sign someone like Saliba + someone who can start in our side.

That way we improve the first team and get players for the future

It's tough though across all areas. Do you go huge on a Koulibailly or Maguire (both unrealistic)? or buy say a Manolas and Salibah? I don't think either is the wrong answer. Same with wingers do you buy a Zaha or Pepe? Or two players in the position?

My only issue with our wide positions is that we have nobody performing consistently well out there, so it's a bad environment for your Saka/Martinelli'/Nelsons of this world.

Latest posts+

Top Bottom