• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Alexis Sanchez: Off to the Old Toilet

Status
Not open for further replies.

Goon-Ger

I f*cking love the guy.

He's everything i look for in a player and the odd ocassions it's not going his way you know he will work his b*llocks off just like every other game.

Rocky

Swears he's not a Tottenham fan
Not sure if this is guy is a frustrated CF or a wide forward that is being hindered by a lack of talent at CF.

For me he's not quite either of those. I think he's a second striker and his role would be much clearer if Arsenal had a top centre forward, another top wide player and Özil wasn't at the club. With the way the league is shifting to teams playing 3 at the back it could free him up.

pikey2000

For me he's not quite either of those. I think he's a second striker and his role would be much clearer if Arsenal had a top centre forward, another top wide player and Özil wasn't at the club. With the way the league is shifting to teams playing 3 at the back it could free him up.

He can play anywhere, he has that attitude whereby his effort alone will more often than not make the difference, agree though I think he would have the greatest impact both offensively and defensively playing where Özil plays.

In that position he can drift around the front 3 finding space and causing havoc, he can drop deep and collect or get into the box to nick a goal like he did yesterday and crucially what he has in abundance over Özil is the fact that without the ball he has the work ethic to either aid the high press OR drop deep and create 3rd CM.

If you moved Welbeck wide left and Sanchez in the whole behind the striker plus drop Özil your work ethic goes through the roof and the team is a whole lot harder to play against.

Chuck a top class CF in the mix and we are in business :)

if only it were that easy

Rocky

Swears he's not a Tottenham fan
He can play anywhere, he has that attitude whereby his effort alone will more often than not make the difference, agree though I think he would have the greatest impact both offensively and defensively playing where Özil plays.

In that position he can drift around the front 3 finding space and causing havoc, he can drop deep and collect or get into the box to nick a goal like he did yesterday and crucially what he has in abundance over Özil is the fact that without the ball he has the work ethic to either aid the high press OR drop deep and create 3rd CM.

If you moved Welbeck wide left and Sanchez in the whole behind the striker plus drop Özil your work ethic goes through the roof and the team is a whole lot harder to play against.

Chuck a top class CF in the mix and we are in business :)

if only it were that easy

Imagine if they'd got Higuain instead of Özil when they had the chance.

For sure he has an impact anywhere but it's as much about his interaction with his team mates around him. I think he'd be viewed as less selfish and more of a team player in a set up like that behind a top centre forward and with the freedom afforded to him by replacing a less versatile player like Özil and getting work ethic, pace, skill, ball retention and a good end product out wide.

scytheavatar

Established Member

Promising. Wenger suggesting it's a money issue.

In another words Wenger is throwing Sanchez under the bus, trying to make it sound like if he leaves us it'll be because of $$$$$ rather than because he has lost faith in the club and manager. Wouldn't read too much as to what Wenger is saying these days.

GunnerShy

In another words Wenger is throwing Sanchez under the bus, trying to make it sound like if he leaves us it'll be because of $$$$$ rather than because he has lost faith in the club and manager. Wouldn't read too much as to what Wenger is saying these days.
That's one intepretation, I think it actually puts more pressure on the club to meet his contractual requests. As everyone, Wenger included know that he is by far our biggest player.

Also hard to see a situation where Wenger resigns after arsenal lose Özil and Sanchez.

More importantly if all three stay, who do we get in? Because we need reinforcements bad.

shoom

Nice to hear but I worry that he's already made it clear to us that he wants to leave and this is just public application of pressure re. a move to a rival.

If that's his intention it's important for his agent to believe that we'll run his contract down rather than sell to a rival. Likewise he will want us to believe that he'll be happy to do the same.

But when push comes to shove there's no way he'll take the risk of a £70m+ contract going up in smoke on an injury next season. He's barely earned half of that so far in his entire career, so even if he had his heart set on Chelsea his agent would talk him out of it. If we refuse to sell to another PL club he'll cave in and move to PSG or Bayern (or extend with us).

karl

Even if he doesn't sign, keeping him in the last year is a good move. By the time he could leave next year, he will be a few months from 30 anyway. His staying for next season should make the club a more attractive proposition to incoming players and show that we are not pushed around so easily anymore.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts+

Top Bottom