• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Alexis Sanchez: Off to the Old Toilet

Status
Not open for further replies.

Batman

Head of the Wayne foundation for benching Nketiah

Player:Saliba
It's a matter of offering him the money he wants. I don't understand till now (even with my love for Wenger) how that persists as a problem.

Give him 280k. Pathetic that we are gambling with our best player at such a crucial junction in our history.
The wage structure at the club is comical. This is the only club where I've ever heard the excuse that you can't pay your best players top dollars because it will upset their less important teammates. Marcelo is the best LB in the world apparently making 80k per week(less than f*cking Walcott)and you don't see him getting upset about Bale and Ronaldo making upwards of 350k per week. If you look up and down the contracts of the players at Real Madrid you have 2 guys making astronomical money that their shirt sales pay for in Ronaldo and Bale, another group of key players making over 100k a week and the vast majority of the squad well under it even though some flirt with being world class.

If Alexis wants 300k then they should give it to him. That doesn't necessitate anyone else making any more money. A player's contract should be based on what THEY do, not what their teammates are earning. Someone needs to go and do an audit of Wenger's economics degree because paying players like Giroud, Walcott and Ramsey upwards of 100k and extending cripples like Cazorla and Mertesacker at nearly 100k each when they're finished is not sound. I treat my Monopoly money with more care. To then compound that stupidity by pleading poverty when your best player and realistically the only one who is actually worth over 100k a week is absolute joke stuff.

karl

If he leaves , it will hurt us morally which prove that Arsenal is a small club and unable to hold their best player.
Not at all. It might be that he is South American and getting towards the last big contract he can negotiate and wants a massive payday. Also, if you were a player and wanted trophies, we haven't shown much chance of winning the league or in Europe recently.

Tosker

Does Not Hate Foreigners
if he is not happy, he needs to go for as much as we can get

I love the little feller, but he undoubtedly is capable of acting up and sulking when he's not happy, so no point in forcing him to stay if his heart is elsewhere

Kingslayer

Forza Milan
on Alexis being linked to Man City and if he's braced for losing players…

No, no. We have nobody at the end of their contract so that will be completely our decision. Therefore, I just believe that we, the club, have a big job to do during the summer because you want to keep players like Alexis and end all the speculation that could happen.

on if Alexis will start and what he meant by saying he'd see his contract out…

I just explained to you what a professional person is. If you have surgery tomorrow with a surgeon who is having his last day of work, you still want him to do good work with you and not expect him to do half a job only because it’s his last day. That’s what it means to be professional, to perform as long as you have a contract.

on Alexis
Alexis is not at the end of his contract. I would just like to remind you that the end of his contract is 2018. So that’s a completely different situation.

http://www.arsenal.com/news/news-archive/20170524/wenger-on-alexis-future-and-sir-alex

field442

Hates Journalists Named James
Trusted ⭐
afcstuff‏ @afcstuff 1h1 hour ago
Arsenal have offered Alexis Sanchez a new contract worth £330k-a-week, a figure that Bayern Munich cannot compete with. [Bild] #afc

are we believing this?

Think it's a bit far-fetched. I can imagine us offering somewhere between 250k-300k though. I think on the money front the only clubs who are likely to offer as much as that are PSG and City. A club like Bayern and even Chelsea (they've been sensible spenders in recent years) wouldn't pay the fee required and then those kinds of wages. You're talking £130m to sign him and give him a 5 year 300k a week contract.

El Duderino

That's, like, your opinion, man.
Think it's a bit far-fetched. I can imagine us offering somewhere between 250k-300k though. I think on the money front the only clubs who are likely to offer as much as that are PSG and City. A club like Bayern and even Chelsea (they've been sensible spenders in recent years) wouldn't pay the fee required and then those kinds of wages. You're talking £130m to sign him and give him a 5 year 300k a week contract.

Asked this in his transfer out thread, but would any sort of bonuses factor in the 330k a week he's being offered? Or is it calculated separately?

You'd think that with bonuses, Bayern could edge towards that enough that the winning titles and getting to the semi's on the UCL part of the deal would make a difference for him.

carlito'sway

Established Member
afcstuff‏ @afcstuff 1h1 hour ago
Arsenal have offered Alexis Sanchez a new contract worth £330k-a-week, a figure that Bayern Munich cannot compete with. [Bild] #afc

are we believing this?

The figure quote by Bild is 20 M Euros a year (i.e 384 K a week, so it is not far from the quote above). In any case, Bayern can't match it. Lewa is their highest paid player @ 16 M a year.
I have a feeling that Alexis is staying.

GDeep™

League is very weak
"Arsenal to shatter pay ceiling by offering £150,000 a week for Van Persie to stay"

"Would we keep Robin even if he doesn't extend? Yes, of course. Our plan is just to keep Robin van Persie, even if we buy any player."

Same ****, different season.
RvP dropped that statement because he knew we would make him see his deal out.

4R5Emaniac

Always fresh from Bangladesh
I think it was a big mistake by both Van Persie to go and for us to sell him to Man Utd. He has become a complete irrelevance now and has nowhere to go back to at all. Few will remember his exploits and what an incredible footballer he was. Fans hate him basically everywhere including that of Fenerbache.

For us, it was an admission of a lack of ambition and willingness to compete. We handed our once great rivals the best player in the league who fired them to the title. You never know how things would've gone had we refused to sell him and he may have extended before his contract ran out. Maybe a serious push for the title after how we did after that.

Tosker

Does Not Hate Foreigners
the question I am asking myself is if Alexis stays with us for the money, and we continue not to challenge for titles and trophies will he still play his heart out? I'm not convinced he would

on the other hand, if we do get a change of ownership and a big injection of cash, enough to improve our chances of major success, he might decide to stay if we hang on to him to the end of his contract - and will continue to put a full effort in whilst he remains in the shop window

so much may well depend on what is going on behind the scenes, so probably best to ignore all the rumours until his future is resolved

Mark Tobias

Mr. Agreeable
the question I am asking myself is if Alexis stays with us for the money, and we continue not to challenge for titles and trophies will he still play his heart out? I'm not convinced he would

on the other hand, if we do get a change of ownership and a big injection of cash, enough to improve our chances of major success, he might decide to stay if we hang on to him to the end of his contract - and will continue to put a full effort in whilst he remains in the shop window

so much may well depend on what is going on behind the scenes, so probably best to ignore all the rumours until his future is resolved
I don;t think a change in ownership is likely. Stan the Krook is here to stay

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom