• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Alexis Sanchez: Off to the Old Toilet

Status
Not open for further replies.

Trilly

Hates A-M, Saka, Arteta and You
Trusted ⭐

Tin foil hat on but does anyone suspect that this was always a possibility. Alexis signed in 2014 big wages and fee but only signs a four year deal that ends when he is 29. Am I overly paranoid in thinking that it was deliberately set up this way to let him see how things were going while giving him the option of leaving before he turns 30 potentially missing his last pay day/opportunity to challenge. When I read it like that makes me think we were always a let's see what happens club. Opportunity to play rebuild his reputation as a top player with the flexibility of leaving if it suits him at a time when it suits him.
I remember thinking that a four year deal was a bit weird when we first signed him.

But yeah, we had our chance to push on and become a top European club again and Wenger failed.

Chris_Cheektown

Since we are financially well off right now, we shouldn't sell Alexis to a direct rival in the league. Let him ride on his contract until the end. We're not the type of a club that can easily sign a player of his quality.
I don't think we can afford an expensive passenger next season with FFP and his wages. We need to make room on our wage bill for this summer's signings.

scytheavatar

Established Member
Since we are financially well off right now, we shouldn't sell Alexis to a direct rival in the league. Let him ride on his contract until the end. We're not the type of a club that can easily sign a player of his quality.

It will be even harder to sign a player of his quality if we let him leave on the free. If we are a big club we WILL replace Sanchez, no matter how hard it takes to do that. By letting him go for free we are sending a message that he is bigger than us, and that will be the beginning of the end of the club.

Jury

A-M's drunk uncle
Tin foil hat on but does anyone suspect that this was always a possibility. Alexis signed in 2014 big wages and fee but only signs a four year deal that ends when he is 29. Am I overly paranoid in thinking that it was deliberately set up this way to let him see how things were going while giving him the option of leaving before he turns 30 potentially missing his last pay day/opportunity to challenge. When I read it like that makes me think we were always a let's see what happens club. Opportunity to play rebuild his reputation as a top player with the flexibility of leaving if it suits him at a time when it suits him.
I think you're spot on. Personally, I always believed that was how Alexis viewed joining the club. With our record in the premiere competitions, we can't be seen as anything other than a 'lets see what happens while I earn big bucks' club, to the elite.

celestis

Arsenal-Mania Veteran

Those were my thoughts when he was announced.

Mark Tobias

Mr. Agreeable
Must say I had these kind of thoughts when he signed. Amazing how quickly they vanish after a few goals and a quick badge kiss. Oh I am a fool. Isn't this very thing one of the many reasons (but one of the bigger ones too) that it feels like complete failure after winning those two FA cups in a row and then building absolutely nothing upon that platform.

Jury

A-M's drunk uncle
@Jury @celestis I'm glad I'm not alone in that thought. It'll be interesting to see what happens next.
It's no slight on the club tbh. If anything it was a privileged position to be in. I say 'was' because the lack of CL football changed it. We would not have attracted Alexis without it.

Impact

Established Member
There is little upside to selling Alexis this summer. Even if we get a decent fee, there is no available player on the market that can replace his output.

He seems happy here and is such a competitor that I doubt he'd let a request to leave (if he made one) affect his on-field performances.

We should keep him. Invest in the squad. And hope we can persuade him to stay over the course of the season.

Trilly

Hates A-M, Saka, Arteta and You
Trusted ⭐

Must say I had these kind of thoughts when he signed. Amazing how quickly they vanish after a few goals and a quick badge kiss. Oh I am a fool. Isn't this very thing one of the many reasons (but one of the bigger ones too) that it feels like complete failure after winning those two FA cups in a row and then building absolutely nothing upon that platform.
Me too. I was resigned to losing Alexis as soon as we drew Bayern in the CL.

I had a feeling that he wouldn't accept two last 16 defeats in a row, even if we did get into the top four.

Mark Tobias

Mr. Agreeable
Me too. I was resigned to losing Alexis as soon as we drew Bayern in the CL.

I had a feeling that he wouldn't accept two last 16 defeats in a row, even if we did get into the top four.
Writing has been on the wall so long. I've literally done mental cartwheels to try and figure out why he'd stay at this point. His body language in the final two months really gave it away for me though. Hope to god we are wrong but alas, I do not think we are.

Aevi

Hale End FC
"He's not easy to work with from what I've heard," the former right-back said on ITV.

"He's quite difficult to work with on the training pitch.

"He's quite moody, certainly in training from the feedback I've got from Arsenal he's difficult in the dressing room.

"I think Pep Guardiola has mentioned that as well, he's a difficult character to deal with.

"Everything has to go his way, from a team point of view you will see him push everyone around and try and organise, but he's not easy to play with, that's what I've heard.

"I've seen him a lot at Arsenal and he passes you the ball if he can get it back, he's one of them."

GDeep™

League is very weak
"He's not easy to work with from what I've heard," the former right-back said on ITV.

"He's quite difficult to work with on the training pitch.

"He's quite moody, certainly in training from the feedback I've got from Arsenal he's difficult in the dressing room.

"I think Pep Guardiola has mentioned that as well, he's a difficult character to deal with.

"Everything has to go his way, from a team point of view you will see him push everyone around and try and organise, but he's not easy to play with, that's what I've heard.

"I've seen him a lot at Arsenal and he passes you the ball if he can get it back, he's one of them."

**** sake, you marry your daughter to him, he takes her to his village only to hear from people in that village that he's beating your daughter up.

Dixon - "Hey guys how is it? Working with Sanchez on the training pitch?"

Walcott - "he is just too ****ing much, I come in to train but he wants to win. How can anybody want it this much?"
Chamberlain - "I didn't know what winning mentality was. If that is winning mentality I'm gone to Liverpool. Cya."
Gibbs - "I didn't even know there was a training pitch. wtf?"

{reed}

Poundland GDeep
Dixon - "Hey guys how is it? Working with Sanchez on the training pitch?"

Walcott - "he is just too ****ing much, I come in to train but he wants to win. How can anybody want it this much?"
Chamberlain - "I didn't know what winning mentality was. If that is winning mentality I'm gone to Liverpool. Cya."
Gibbs - "I didn't even know there was a training pitch. wtf?"
Cech - "Leave me alone, I'm here to retire"
Coquelin - "Winning mentality is when you are barking "It's not over!!!111" at the fans, right?"
Jenkinson - "Winning mentality? I know what it is, I won my contract at Arsenal in a lottery"
Gabriel - "No entiendo"
Wenger - "I don't want to comment on speculation"
Gazidis - "As we look to the next two, three years we will have an outstanding platform on which to compete with any winning mentality in the world"

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom