• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Alexis Sanchez: Off to the Old Toilet

Status
Not open for further replies.

African Flair

£25M? Even with one year on his contract, that's a ridiculous amount for someone with 20 goals and 11 assists.
Only to replace him with Lacazette or somebody for 60M. I would rather hold on to him than sell him for pennies on the dollar unless he really wants to leave. But it's not my money.

BobP

Memri Fan
Since they only have a single year left on their contracts, there is literally no point in selling either Sanchez and or Özil.

In a comparative sense, we'd only get peanuts.

Keep them until the ends of their contract, if they resign, great, if not, they go on a free. We need to take a stand here.

I still believe that we should have told RVP to sit down and shut the **** up, forcing him to play out his final year. Sure we got money when we sold him, but we lost a certain dignity having handed Manure the player who would spearhead their challenge for the title.

GDeep™

League is very weak
Since they only have a single year left on their contracts, there is literally no point in selling either Sanchez and or Özil.

Keep them until the ends of their contract, if they resign, great, if not, they go on a free. We need to take a stand here.

I still believe that we should have told RVP to sit down and shut the **** up, forcing him to play out his final year. Sure we got money when we sold him, but we lost a certain dignity having handed Manure the player who would spearhead their challenge for the title.

The prospect of having to spend the remaining year of his deal here lead to the statement from RvP. Can't keep players like this in fear of a potential toxic atmosphere occurring.

The other risk with your scenario, you risk losing these guys to English clubs for free.

I rather let Sanchez leave for Juventus or PSG if that's his desire and get whatever decent fee we can get. In the current climate of silly money you can still collect good money for these guys, especially if a bidding war kicks off between Juventus, Bayern, PSG etc.

Godwin1

Very well-known

Adding to what Gdeep was saying I think the situation would have been more agreeable had we not sold him to an English club.

WhatAFC

Hummels went to Bayern for £30m with a year left on his contract. He's not really near the profile of Sanchez or Özil.

I'd prefer us to run the contract down if I'm honest. Not particularly bothered by the prospect of losing them to English clubs. The top teams will buy the best talents regardless. We can only concenrate on our own recruitment, which to be fair isn't the best.

The club lets too many contracts get into the last 2 years when we should have them wrapped up before then. Always puts us in a weak position.

Yousif Arsenal

On Vinai's payroll & misses 4th place trophy 🏆
Trusted ⭐
Just sell him to Bayern Or PSG for 40M pounds and get on with it if he reject our new contract.

100% sure one of those teams will want him this summer.

bingobob

A-M’s Resident Hunskelper
Trusted ⭐

I'd rather risk keeping them and losing them for nothing only if we get a new manager in. No new manager let them go and it'll go down as another example of Wenger failing his star players.

GDeep™

League is very weak
More bizzare stuff on here, let's potentially lose top players for free.

You guys do know our budgets are limited compared to our rivals? Any Arsenal manager literally can't afford to see a player leave for free.

Tir Na Nog

Changes Opinion Every 5 Minutes

If it's apparent in the summer that Alexis doesn't want to be here then we'll sell him, talking of losing him on a free is ****ing lunacy.

bingobob

Trusted ⭐

More bizzare stuff on here, let's potentially lose top players for free.

You guys do know our budgets are limited compared to our rivals? Any Arsenal manager literally can't afford to see a player leave for free.
Flamini, Arteta, Rosicky I dare say I can find others. And unless we plan on selling Mertesacker and Cazorla this summer (although the former is crocked) there is another two to add to the free players gone. Unless the players I've mentioned aren't top players which begs the bigger question why did we keep said players for so long?

Yousif Arsenal

On Vinai's payroll & misses 4th place trophy 🏆
Trusted ⭐
i don't want us losing him for free losing him for free that mean we could see him in Man city or Chelsea shirt and that would piss us off. if he reject his new contract offer him to big teams in europe like PSG and Bayern or even Juve

bingobob

Trusted ⭐

If it's apparent in the summer that Alexis doesn't want to be here then we'll sell him, talking of losing him on a free is ****ing lunacy.
It's not lunacy it's a calculated gamble. If Wenger is still in charge sell if he isn't then take the gamble that a new manager with Alexis and 80m to spend bolstering the squad will be in a position to deliver the change needed that convinces him we're moving in the right direction.

I'd rather that than a new manager with 105m trying to build a new squad with an Alexis size hole in it. The vast majority of the money will be used to replace Alexis anyway. Why not take the gamble and hope it pays off? Worst thing happens Alexis leaves summer 2018 but hopefully 80m worth of investment in 2017 leaves the squad stronger and less dependent on Alexis and we can use all of our transfer budget to then replace Alexis. That way any new manager already has somewhat a stamp on the team and has a year to both convince and prepare for what happens ad opposed to coming in and losing the teams best player by a considerable margin.

tap-in

Nothing Wrong With Me
I think Alexis will go for sure, he's probably already decided. No way is there any benefit from keeping a player to his contract, you wont get 100% from them and they can cause chaos in the dressing room. You can obviously tell other clubs they are staying but only to get max value.

Özil I'm really not bothered about, he's too hot and cold. Alexis however will be a huge loss but the club only have themselves to blame.

WhatAFC

If we have a budget of £80m and we get £80m for Özil and alexis do you really think that £160m will be invested into the squad. Come on.

With the new TV deal along both our shirt sponsor & kit manufacturer deals coming to an end 18/19, the club could over spend and build the squad required considering record numbers have been recorded for those, but we know that'll never happen.

karl

i don't want us losing him for free losing him for free that mean we could see him in Man city or Chelsea shirt and that would piss us off. if he reject his new contract offer him to big teams in europe like PSG and Bayern or even Juve
£30-40m isn't the huge amount of money it was now that the new tv deal is coming in. A few salaries add up to that amount each year. As long as the player doesn't cause too much of a fuss, it would be better for the reputation of the team to hang on to them.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts+

Top Bottom