• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Alexis Sanchez: Off to the Old Toilet

Status
Not open for further replies.

Gooner Zig

AM's Resident Accountant
Trusted ⭐

Couldn't care less really.

Bought him at a reasonable price, had him for three years of his prime & will make a good chunk of the 35m back.

Fun to watch & scored alot but really I expected the signing to kick this Arsenal team on more.

Disappointing how poor we have been in the big games this season & him going AWOL after 15 minutes helps nobody. Shame we never saw Vardy central with Alexis outwide... Just a feeling that would have clicked.

You'll care when we become a mid table club after he goes. Kidding yourself :lol:

Garrincha

Wilf Zaha Aficionado
Trusted ⭐
You'll care when we become a mid table club after he goes. Kidding yourself :lol:
Its hard to get worked up when its 3rd/4th vs 6th/7th.

Who cares? The Champions League gives the owners money & the players prestige... Personally quite happy with free midweeks & not getting the club embarrassed every February.

BobP

Memri Fan
Yeah, suppose it's farewell, not really disappointed in him leaving, more frustrated at the rot that has set in at this club.

With that in mind, this was always going to happen.

Mrs Bergkamp

Double Dusted
Dusted 🔻
People like you grate on me! We have no hope in hell of replacing Sanchez we do not have the capabilities to do so! We haven't replaced Henry, vieira since they left how the **** are we going to replace Sanchez! We are an average club who's conned its own fans
I know we'll struggle to replace Alexis but he's not the biggest player we've lost. His contract issues are becoming a side show to problems throughout the squad. Even if we keep him, we need to spend a lot of money on the right players during consecutive summer windows to move upwards. Özil and Alexis on their own won't make a difference to us as shown by the league table. We have largely replaced Henry's goals (but not his genius) but Vieira was a bigger player than many realised in so many intangible ways. Just pointing out facts not trying to grate you.

The_Playmaker

Established Member
Trusted ⭐
I doubt anyone is actually attached to Alexis. He is very much like Tevez to me. He will move club with no ill feeling. He is an individual on the pitch and off it. When he goes it will be a hole similar to RVP. It depends whether we fill it with mediocre talent or someone potentially better.

vjeko-3008

Personally, he should leave because this contract soap opera is just harming the entire squad.

As Mrs Bergkamp stated, we lost better players than him and club survived. When the player thinks he is bigger than club, I would do SAF on him :)

Penn_

Established Member
Trusted ⭐
Personally, he should leave because this contract soap opera is just harming the entire squad.

As Mrs Bergkamp stated, we lost better players than him and club survived. When the player thinks he is bigger than club, I would do SAF on him :)

Where do you get the feeling he thinks his bigger than the club? Because he gets frustrated? Could put most of the Arsenal legends in his place and see a similar reaction.

_reed_

U3dEvPn.jpg

Barca's bench against Real Madrid when Wenger's in charge

OSBK

Established Member
When he came on you could see him shouting at the team and dragging them forward. His mentality is what everyone of our players should have.

Amazing player

Vinci

The Sultan of Unai

Hope we can fetch a good fee for him, in the region of 60-70M, but I'm afraid it will be more like 30-40M. Which is hardly enough to get even half a replacement.

Hunta

Established Member
Trusted ⭐

Hope we can fetch a good fee for him, in the region of 60-70M, but I'm afraid it will be more like 30-40M. Which is hardly enough to get even half a replacement.
Wenger and Gazidis costing the club a good £30m at least by leaving it so late to get him signed up.

Not sure what's worse, selling players on the cheap, buying players for more than they're worth or giving charity contracts out willy nilly, Wenger is world class at all three.

Kobi

I Know Who You Are

We're going to end up with a choice between Man City and Chelsea offering £50m or Juventus offering £15m over the next 20 years on the condition they win 10 European Cups.

rich 1990

Not A Big Believer In Diversity
Don't think people realise the full reality of him leaving. He's the only player with anything close to the right attitude. Hunger and a burning desire to won. How often do we sign players like that? If Wenger goes, I think he'll wait and see what happens after. We ****ing need him. No player is bigger then the club but when most of your squad are such pussies, he is the one you bend over for.

Vinci

The Sultan of Unai

Wenger and Gazidis costing the club a good £30m at least by leaving it so late to get him signed up.

Not sure what's worse, selling players on the cheap, buying players for more than they're worth or giving charity contracts out willy nilly, Wenger is world class at all three.
The mistake was giving Alexis only a four-year contract when we signed him. Then again, he maybe insisted on it, so he could move on if things weren't going great.

Don't think people realise the full reality of him leaving. He's the only player with anything close to the right attitude. Hunger and a burning desire to won. How often do we sign players like that? If Wenger goes, I think he'll wait and see what happens after. We ****ing need him. No player is bigger then the club but when most of your squad are such pussies, he is the one you bend over for.
True. Personally looking at it from footballing perspective no player is actually irreplaceable even during the current transfer market situation. However, the impact of Alexis on the team through his attitude and courage to go with his ability is huge. We are back to RVP less Arsenal and have to rebuild all over again to be competitive at least.

Vinci

The Sultan of Unai

We're going to end up with a choice between Man City and Chelsea offering £50m or Juventus offering £15m over the next 20 years on the condition they win 10 European Cups.
If they throw in a Twix, that is a very tempting offer to be fair.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts+

Top Bottom