Alexis Sanchez: Off to the Old Toilet

Discussion in 'Arsenal Talk' started by blaze_of_glory, Jan 30, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Gooner Zig

Gooner Zig AM's Resident Accountant Trusted

You'll care when we become a mid table club after he goes. Kidding yourself :lol:

2. Garrincha

Garrincha Wilf Zaha Aficionado

Its hard to get worked up when its 3rd/4th vs 6th/7th.

Who cares? The Champions League gives the owners money & the players prestige... Personally quite happy with free midweeks & not getting the club embarrassed every February.

THunter and black187 like this.
  3. BobP

BobP Memri Fan

Yeah, suppose it's farewell, not really disappointed in him leaving, more frustrated at the rot that has set in at this club.

With that in mind, this was always going to happen.

4. He is pretty much gone really. Just hope its to a non English club, please.

5. Mrs Bergkamp

Mrs Bergkamp Well-Known Member

I know we'll struggle to replace Alexis but he's not the biggest player we've lost. His contract issues are becoming a side show to problems throughout the squad. Even if we keep him, we need to spend a lot of money on the right players during consecutive summer windows to move upwards. Özil and Alexis on their own won't make a difference to us as shown by the league table. We have largely replaced Henry's goals (but not his genius) but Vieira was a bigger player than many realised in so many intangible ways. Just pointing out facts not trying to grate you.

6. The_Playmaker

The_Playmaker Well-Known Member

I doubt anyone is actually attached to Alexis. He is very much like Tevez to me. He will move club with no ill feeling. He is an individual on the pitch and off it. When he goes it will be a hole similar to RVP. It depends whether we fill it with mediocre talent or someone potentially better.

Giroud likes this.
  7. vjeko-3008

vjeko-3008 Member

Personally, he should leave because this contract soap opera is just harming the entire squad.

As Mrs Bergkamp stated, we lost better players than him and club survived. When the player thinks he is bigger than club, I would do SAF on him :)

8. _reed_

_reed_ Active Member

Where are this coming from?

9. Penn_

Penn_ Established Member

Where do you get the feeling he thinks his bigger than the club? Because he gets frustrated? Could put most of the Arsenal legends in his place and see a similar reaction.

American_Gooner, ARSNLNO1 and BobP like this.
  10. _reed_

_reed_ Active Member

[​IMG]
    Barca's bench against Real Madrid when Wenger's in charge

11. OSBK

OSBK Well-Known Member

When he came on you could see him shouting at the team and dragging them forward. His mentality is what everyone of our players should have.

Amazing player

ARSNLNO1 likes this.
  12. THunter

THunter NOT In A Caravan Trusted

Just don't sell to another English club and I'm fine with him leaving. Same goes for Özil.

Trilly and BobP like this.
  13. Vinci

Vinci The Sultan of Unai

Hope we can fetch a good fee for him, in the region of 60-70M, but I'm afraid it will be more like 30-40M. Which is hardly enough to get even half a replacement.

14. THunter

THunter NOT In A Caravan Trusted

Wenger and Gazidis costing the club a good £30m at least by leaving it so late to get him signed up.

Not sure what's worse, selling players on the cheap, buying players for more than they're worth or giving charity contracts out willy nilly, Wenger is world class at all three.

Trilly, James Bond and Gooner Zig like this.
  15. Kobi

Kobi I Know Who You Are

We're going to end up with a choice between Man City and Chelsea offering £50m or Juventus offering £15m over the next 20 years on the condition they win 10 European Cups.

Jackie_Treehorn and Vinci like this.
  16. rich 1990

rich 1990 Loves the A-M Mods

Don't think people realise the full reality of him leaving. He's the only player with anything close to the right attitude. Hunger and a burning desire to won. How often do we sign players like that? If Wenger goes, I think he'll wait and see what happens after. We ****ing need him. No player is bigger then the club but when most of your squad are such pussies, he is the one you bend over for.

17. Vinci

Vinci The Sultan of Unai

The mistake was giving Alexis only a four-year contract when we signed him. Then again, he maybe insisted on it, so he could move on if things weren't going great.

18. True. Personally looking at it from footballing perspective no player is actually irreplaceable even during the current transfer market situation. However, the impact of Alexis on the team through his attitude and courage to go with his ability is huge. We are back to RVP less Arsenal and have to rebuild all over again to be competitive at least.

19. Vinci

Vinci The Sultan of Unai

If they throw in a Twix, that is a very tempting offer to be fair.

Kobi likes this.
  20. Kobi

Kobi I Know Who You Are

Or a loan of one of their refs.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.