• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Alexis Sanchez: Off to the Old Toilet

Status
Not open for further replies.

vjeko-3008

Where do you get the feeling he thinks his bigger than the club? Because he gets frustrated? Could put most of the Arsenal legends in his place and see a similar reaction.
Where do you get the feeling he thinks his bigger than the club? Because he gets frustrated? Could put most of the Arsenal legends in his place and see a similar reaction.

The reasons of his frustration tell me that. Every time we try to open up to counter, he expects the ball and is clearly infuriated if he doesn't get or gets it too late while at the same time, every time he has the ball and all he has to do is pass to player in better position, he first awaits opposition player to arrive, then dribbles on his right side, then waits another opposition player, dribbles, goes back to our own half, dribbles some more and then looses it or the rest of the squad returns to our own half for refreshments.

When was the last time he actually dribbled and outran opposition defender towards opposition goal, not ours? He is the player that should lose/dribble/outrun whomever is watching or is near him and all he does is slows down our attack/counterattack and when someone else does the same, he is pissed.

Sorry mate, that is not characteristic of a leader but someone who thinks is above all (think Ronaldo at RM)

Of course, this is only my opinion and I can understand if you do not agree.

NHF

Gooner Zig

AM's Resident Accountant
Trusted ⭐

We're going to end up with a choice between Man City and Chelsea offering £50m or Juventus offering £15m over the next 20 years on the condition they win 10 European Cups.

Paid in instalments over the next 100 years

Reactions: A_G

Taylor Gang Gunners

Say Yeh or You're Making The List
Trusted ⭐
Since Titi's last season here (loan not included), we've been in the same place essentially. All the names after, Adebayor, Judas, Cesc, Nasri, whoever- they've all left and we've stayed in the same position. We weren't winning titles with any of them.

Of course it'll hurt if Alexis does indeed choose to leave, but there was an Arsenal before him and will be after him. We need to chill with this whole 'where do we go from here?' mentality.

Alexis laughing and joking with Gabriel when we were 1-0 down (Gabriel was stone faced as ever btw), then clapping the fans when doing his warmup tells me he thinks he's a big fish in a small pond. There was something very smug about him yesterday, something has definitely been said between him and Wenger.

He may have only won an FA Cup with us, but this Alexis is the best Alexis there has ever been. Wenger has helped him reach new heights. I hope we don't discover that Alexis has done/said something remotely disrespectful toward Wenger. That'd change my opinion on him completely.

Put some respeck on it.

Penn_

Established Member
Trusted ⭐
The reasons of his frustration tell me that. Every time we try to open up to counter, he expects the ball and is clearly infuriated if he doesn't get or gets it too late while at the same time, every time he has the ball and all he has to do is pass to player in better position, he first awaits opposition player to arrive, then dribbles on his right side, then waits another opposition player, dribbles, goes back to our own half, dribbles some more and then looses it or the rest of the squad returns to our own half for refreshments.

When was the last time he actually dribbled and outran opposition defender towards opposition goal, not ours? He is the player that should lose/dribble/outrun whomever is watching or is near him and all he does is slows down our attack/counterattack and when someone else does the same, he is pissed.

Sorry mate, that is not characteristic of a leader but someone who thinks is above all (think Ronaldo at RM)

Of course, this is only my opinion and I can understand if you do not agree.

NHF

None of that is evidence of him thinking he's bigger than the club.

I've seen the same players **** up all season and you're still wondering why Alexis tries to be a one man army?

There isn't a player that comes remotely close to his productivity.

Lady_Gooner

Posting While Meditating
Trusted ⭐

If we're being honest, it's Özil. Alexis actually played against Sutton while Özil had gone abroad on holiday for the 3rd time this season.

Funny thing is Rambo joked about Özil being teacher's pet but there might have been a hint of truth in that comment.

Ramsey is shady, he wasn't joking. It's clear that Mesut is Wenger's favourite. It's the eyes!

Reactions: A_G

bingobob

A-M’s Resident Hunskelper
Trusted ⭐

Alexis is a big fish in a small pond. He is head and shoulders above everyone else. We're in for a hard time when we lose him. He is an 80m pound player and we simply won't pay that to replace him. That's why I'd rather keep and lose him on a free. Watford turned down 25m for Deeney as they viewed his goals more importantly than the money. It should be the same for us with Alexis. Alexis has kept us fighting for a top four finish. He'll do the same again next season and the CL money we get next year and the following year will outstrip any fee we get for him. We cannot sell him and need the new manager to convince him change is coming.

Gooner Zig

AM's Resident Accountant
Trusted ⭐

We simply have to keep him, don't care if he goes next year on a free. IF a new manager comes in the summer, that might be enough to convince Alexis to stay. That possibility alone should be enough to keep negotiating with him until the end.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Top Bottom