• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Alexis Sanchez: Off to the Old Toilet

Status
Not open for further replies.

blaze_of_glory

Don't think anyone can paint Alexis as a scapegoat if they are being in any way honest with themselves. He's been our best player this year (only Kos in the running there imo). We'd be much worse off if we didn't have him this season.

But he's also not perfect, and it think it's pretty clear he doesn't have the best attitude when it comes to being part of a team. Passion and desire to win are great, but he loses it way too quickly when things don't go right and you can see him blaming team mates out there when sometimes it's him who has made a mistake. Quite a lot actually. That kind of thing wears on other players and in hindsight it's not surprising if there has been a bust-up.

I want great players on the team, but I also want them to put the team first. Not sure Alexis does that enough.

And lets be honest. Our results have been identical ever since he joined. He hasn't improved us, despite being our best attacker. We were better the year before he joined than any year since. Lose him and we'll adapt.

Furious

Emery Gone, Telly Back On
You dont think Wenger would have promised him that other WC players were going to be following him? I doubt he saw Mohammed Elneny and Gabriel coming for example. If he received no such promises then I suppose he deserved to get mugged off.

Nobody had a gun on his head before signing for us. If he wanted world class players, why didn't he just stay at Barca? Oh wait.. they dumped him.

Jog on with your mental gymnastics.

field442

Hates Journalists Named James
Trusted ⭐
Surely you drop him from the squad completely if what's being reported is true. He was dropped from the team for being a **** but then thrown on at half time to save the game. Whatever statement was trying to be made was rendered meaningless once he's brought on. Wenger can't even do punishments properly.

Last edited:

Jasard

Forum Issue Troubleshooter

We will sell him for **** all like we always do with our stars

Hunta

Established Member
Trusted ⭐

truth story
But it's ok for golden boy Theo?

theo.jpg

Aevi

Hale End FC
Don't think anyone can paint Alexis as a scapegoat if they are being in any way honest with themselves. He's been our best player this year (only Kos in the running there imo). We'd be much worse off if we didn't have him this season.

But he's also not perfect, and it think it's pretty clear he doesn't have the best attitude when it comes to being part of a team. Passion and desire to win are great, but he loses it way too quickly when things don't go right and you can see him blaming team mates out there when sometimes it's him who has made a mistake. Quite a lot actually. That kind of thing wears on other players and in hindsight it's not surprising if there has been a bust-up.

I want great players on the team, but I also want them to put the team first. Not sure Alexis does that enough.

And lets be honest. Our results have been identical ever since he joined. He hasn't improved us, despite being our best attacker. We were better the year before he joined than any year since. Lose him and we'll adapt.
Fair points, though I feel like the "we've been finishing in the same positions with him" argument doesn't give him enough credit. He has carried the team his first season and the current one, to the point that I wouldn't be surprised if we would have declined had he not been here. There has been no other player putting out his number of goals and assists, so there would definitely have been points lost had he not been here. And we have actually improved a bit with him here, finishing 3rd and 2nd after having been stuck at 4th a fair few times before.

GDeep™

League is very weak
Names that don't hold a candle to him :lol: Imagine going from Sanchez to Fekir.

Didn't say they were as good. Lukaku would match his goals. Fekir would offer productivity too.

Alot of the times you can't directly replace the player, you just make up in other places.

Mitch

Blonde Brigade Grand Wizard
Alexis has been our star player this season and probably the best player league. However If Alexis doesn't want to be at Arsenal (today players have all the power not the clubs) then move him on. Alexis will have very limited options to move to considering we won't sell a star player to a league rival again, he won't rejoin Barcelona and I can't see him taking a pay cut on what's he on. So that leaves Alexis with only 3 teams to pick between in PSG, Bayern and Real Madrid.

Not like we can't bring in another player to replace him. Bring in someone like Aguero, Lacazette or Belotti and they would add just as much goals as Alexis.

GDeep™

League is very weak
What's the other option anyway, "keep him, even if he leaves on a free".

You're only in a worse position, because now you're not getting a fee even.

Let him leave.

Hunta

Established Member
Trusted ⭐

When RVP was leaving we bought Podolski and Giroud just before he left.

Expect two mugs who combined will get the numbers that Alexis does before we sell him. It'll be the old two players doing the job of one that we like doing, Cazorla and Coquelin the main example.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts+

Top Bottom