• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Alexis Sanchez: Off to the Old Toilet

Status
Not open for further replies.

Hunta

Established Member
Trusted ⭐

Gonna be few fun months John Fraud Cross gonna link us with every f**king winger in europe
https://www.google.co.uk/amp/s/www....y-Coast-Arsène-Wenger-Arsenal-news-gossip/amp

It's been in front of us for months.

Rex Stone

Long live the fighters
Trusted ⭐

RVP was a bit of a c*nt in general. Remember Theo taking some shots at him in his autobiography as well :lol:

Prawn Sandwich

Edit. This ended up long. Tldr/ it's very annoying great players want to leave again.

---
It was always going to come to blows in the end, wasn't it?

Sold a dream of competing at the top here, pushing on and challenging for titles.

If you're pushing yourself and running yourself into the ground in an attempt to be the best you can be you'd bloody well expect the same commitment from your team mates.

It obvious doesn't sound like the criticism has been expressed in an "optimal" way but there's a passion and a desire in Sanchez's actions for sure.

What happens when there isn't an elite talent like Sanchez in the squad? No one speaks out against mediocrity? The squad are all happy with the half-hearted efforts? That's disastrously for the club.

The elite players shouldn't want to be leaving. We are supposed to be sufficient and competing. You can'take win without great players. If they want out then there are significant problems with your overall plan. These problems should be addressed as a priority. It's a mess.

blaze_of_glory

Fair points, though I feel like the "we've been finishing in the same positions with him" argument doesn't give him enough credit. He has carried the team his first season and the current one, to the point that I wouldn't be surprised if we would have declined had he not been here. There has been no other player putting out his number of goals and assists, so there would definitely have been points lost had he not been here. And we have actually improved a bit with him here, finishing 3rd and 2nd after having been stuck at 4th a fair few times before.
Absolutely. Since he's joined he's become our main threat, similar to how RvP carried our attack when he was here. No doubt about that. But I guess my point is that him doing that didn't really improve things all that much. Similar to how we didn't really get all that much worse after RvP left. Yes, our league position has gotten slightly better with Alexis coming in, and he himself has been outstanding. But I'd suggest that 2013-14 team the year before he arrived, when we were leading the league for the bulk of the season, was the best we've played since losing Cesc and RvP. I don't think we've been as good again since. Ramsey contributed a lot of the goals that year that Alexis gets for us now, which hasn't happened again. I guess you could argue that he and other players haven't been good enough since Alexis joined, and that's probably true. I'm not sure why he and others dropped off but they have. With Alexis in the team, a lot of them have failed to assert themselves as much as they could I think, too content to let him do the work.

So I agree that if all else stayed the same we would have declined without Alexis, but all else wouldn't have been the same if he wasn't here. Other players would be given more responsibilities and there would likely be other players in the team that aren't here now. We'd play a bit differently, etc. I'm not saying it would be better but we don't know it would be worse either. Wenger has become a master at getting just about into the top 3 or 4 regardless of the squad, which is pretty much the problem. We'll always get just that and seemingly no more no matter which players are leading us there.

Jury

A-M's drunk uncle
Gervais Lombe Yao Kouassi - 16/1/17
avHnbUZ.gif

grim_tales1

Not sure what to think TBH, be really sad to see him go (if true), we improved while he was at the club and we had 3 years of him in his prime.

On the other hand no player is bigger than the club.

Jury

A-M's drunk uncle
RVP was a bit of a c*nt in general. Remember Theo taking some shots at him in his autobiography as well :lol:
To this day, I still don't know if some of those stories were true. The one where RvP would do the 'Wassssuuuuuuupppppp' thing and make everyone cringe. :lol:

Jury

A-M's drunk uncle
I do - this stuff should be ****ing kept in house. It's disgraceful from the club.
It's what the club always does. I said it about a month ago in this thread.

I said I was just waiting for the club to 'leak' gossip about a bust-up. And here it is :lol:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom