• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Alexis Sanchez: Off to the Old Toilet

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ceballinhos

Cheating on Santi
On the PSG links, rumors were they were trying to get rid of Di Maria. Has anyone watched him playing this season? Don't have fond memories of him at United, but that Man U team were as dreadful as we are right now.

I'm a PSG fan.
I watch them every game.
Di Maria is a player like Özil IMO. When the team plays well, he can be fantastic. As soon as the team (or he) is under pressure, he's sh*t.

But he defends a lot more than Özil. (not that hard lol).

Kingslayer

Forza Milan
"
The true warrior fights not because he hates the ones in front of him, but because he loves those behind him. ⚪️ Let ' go Gunners.
" The only failure is not trying." "
from alexis IG account 30 sec ago.

Wenger hits back with his own social media message:

everythignisfine-6972.jpg

Trilly

Hates A-M, Saka, Arteta and You
Trusted ⭐

I'm still catching up with this thread and seeing a lot turn on our players blaming them being pussiez and what not.

What if the Alexis training ground spat was nothing to do with that? What if it was just a random fight? We don't know all the facts.

Yousif Arsenal

On Vinai's payroll & misses 4th place trophy 🏆
Trusted ⭐
I'm still catching up with this thread and seeing a lot turn on our players blaming them being pussiez and what not.

What if the Alexis training ground spat was nothing to do with that? What if it was just a random fight? We don't know all the facts.
We know nothing you right about that maybe someone in squad joke about Atom and Humber that make Alexis lost his cool ;)

Kingslayer

Forza Milan

Because there's a lot of projection going on where people want the reason for the bust-up to be Alexis getting upset with the mediocrity around him when the real reason could be that the team got sick of his whingeing.

Nobody likes a whinger, no matter how valid his criticisms might be.

Malky

Established Member
Things don't look good right now for the club, they'll do their best to downplay it all, tell us everything is fine and there was no falling out and basically try and paper over the cracks until an acceptable bid is received in the summer for Alexis and he'll be on his way. Don't undertstand the fans saying they're "OK" with this? We'll still be left with the real problem - the ****ing losers in this squad with no heart or winners ambition, the ones who are happy losing 3-0 aslong as they get paid and can post on Twitter or Instagram.

Trilly

Hates A-M, Saka, Arteta and You
Trusted ⭐

They can't handle the pressure Wenger is and has been under. Wenger is the 'handbrake' he himself keeps mentioning. He always was. I'm actually starting to feel sorry for them. They haven't got the heart or the balls to speak out.

I hope Alexis sticks the boot in on the way out. I bet he feels stupid. After all, he's supposed to have come here because of Wenger...
Like the end of a ****ed up twisted circle.

He came for Wenger he left because of Wenger. Football is funny anyway, we've had guys look more certain of leaving and end up staying.

Anything can happen and it can happen quickly. Imagine we get Sampaoli in? There's no way Alexis leaves him behind. The possibilities are endless but there's one thing that needs to happen and that's the departure of Wenger.

Gooner Zig

AM's Resident Accountant
Trusted ⭐

What would be the reason for the club to do that? Wouldn't that weaken their hand in the transfer market?

To take the pressure off the manager. It's typical diversion you see often in politics.

Arsenal fans turning on Alexis is less than a day is hilarious.

Maybe you should take a look at the behaviour of some of the players that are leading our rivals to titles. But people would rather our club was like a nursery. :rolleyes:

It's disgusting. Like @Jury said earlier in the thread - I would sell half this squad if it meant Alexis stays. Half this team make me physically ill.

"
The true warrior fights not because he hates the ones in front of him, but because he loves those behind him. ⚪️ Let ' go Gunners.
" The only failure is not trying." "
from alexis IG account 30 sec ago.

This is all a bit ridiculous. If I saw someone posting these nonsense quotes on my Facebook feed I'd unfriend them.

Sanchez is our best player this season (and probably altogether), but early this season I realised that his selfishness on the ball was hurting his own performance and therefore the team's performance. He was still more often than not our best player but could have performed even better.

Since then he's become more selfish on the ball and is also now throwing tantrums on the pitch rather than working his a*se off like he used to. His attitude is becoming poison to the team. I'd imagine the dressing room is probably as divided as we are as fans in terms of pro Sanchez v anti Sanchez.

Its hard to know what to do. But i'm not qualified or paid enough to know what to do!

Gooner Zig

AM's Resident Accountant
Trusted ⭐

This is all a bit ridiculous. If I saw someone posting these nonsense quotes on my Facebook feed I'd unfriend them.

Sanchez is our best player this season (and probably altogether), but early this season I realised that his selfishness on the ball was hurting his own performance and therefore the team's performance. He was still more often than not our best player but could have performed even better.

Since then he's become more selfish on the ball and is also now throwing tantrums on the pitch rather than working his a*se off like he used to. His attitude is becoming poison to the team. I'd imagine the dressing room is probably as divided as we are as fans in terms of pro Sanchez v anti Sanchez.

Its hard to know what to do. But i'm not qualified or paid enough to know what to do!

The dressing room is full of a bunch of wannabe losers who don't give the required effort and intensity that is required for a team challenging for the title. There is plenty of talent in there but not a desire to do the hard yards required to become champions.

Malky

Established Member
The dressing room is full of a bunch of wannabe losers who don't give the required effort and intensity that is required for a team challenging for the title. There is plenty of talent in there but not a desire to do the hard yards required to become champions.
Yeah, look at Cech against Chelsea - conceededs 3 soft goals including one total howler and walks off the pitch laughing with the Chelsea players. He's supposed to be our senior player, the one that offers advice and experience to our youngsters, but couldn't care less we lost to the league leaders and London rivals. Meanwhile Sanchez (who didn't play well but still gave 100%) walks off the pitch pissed off about the result and his own performance knowing the titles gone. And yet people are outraged that Sanchez is losing it with players in our squad?
This squad is filled with a parade of shameless, spineless losers. They're protected from criticism by Wenger who thinks he's also immune from criticism.
The fact that our own captain is quoted as saying " The players need to learn to hate losing " sums up what a joke this club has become! They're profesional athletes for **** sake, its their job to win, it's what they're in the sport for!
Some of our players make me think they were the little kids in school who thought the " Taking part " certificate was just as important as the " Winners " one.

Makingtrax

Worships in the house of Wenger 🙏
Trusted ⭐

Player:Saliba

Common sense on this thread WTF?

mm76

Yer Da
Yeah, look at Cech against Chelsea - conceededs 3 soft goals including one total howler and walks off the pitch laughing with the Chelsea players.

Very good point, I hate that kind of thing - too many footballers are workaday 'pros', more matey with other players than their particular club, always with one eye on their next gig. There's less and less dedicated players who want to really give it all for the team - i still think Cech's better than Ospina but maybe he's one of many who've given up on the title and are just saying to themselves "i'll just play as many seasons as i can get away with and make the money"

TBH with the way Wneger is 'managing' things i almost don't blame them - though actually i still do.

Xhaka Zulu

To take the pressure off the manager. It's typical diversion you see often in politics.

I think in this case it's more plausibele a player talked to a spouse or a friend and it got out that way. If he is indeed leaving, the club would be doing itself no favours letting his suitors know that he is having disciplinary issues (if true). That would massively weaken the clubs hand in a potential transfer.

bingobob

A-M’s Resident Hunskelper
Trusted ⭐

If it's honest and normal why the shake of hands at training.

This to me is similar to Costa and the China story. Conte handled that very well and truth is Wenger is handling this well. With the "direct play" and "completely false". Both kept things in house and protected the player unlike some other managers (cough) Mourinho.

Edit. Saying that I'm on Alexis' side some players need a kick up the Arsenal as they continue to perform at unacceptable levels.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Top Bottom