Alexis Sanchez: Off to the Old Toilet

Discussion in 'Arsenal Talk' started by blaze_of_glory, Jan 30, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Kingslayer

Kingslayer Forza Milan

They did give Alexis' latest post a like, though. Must've been them, as Alexis would never use his own dogs' insta to ego-like his own posts.

American_Gooner likes this.
  2. Rimaal

Rimaal Questionable Taste

Let's see Zlatan win United the title this year if he's such a god. They're being walked over by a Chelsea squad that's cost less than 70% of Man U's. United will to need to fork out another 100 million on players next year in order to give Zlatan a team that will win the title.

Zlatan adds a lot to a team, but he is nothing without the team that backs him up.
    And he got moved on from Barca because he threw ego tantrums.

ETA:

Also, notice how PSG are doing better this year in the CL without him.

Last edited: Mar 6, 2017
  3. samshere

samshere Why so serieuse?

No real hindsight is required to come to that conclusion. I could've told you that we'll suffer from our usual injury crisis and loaning Wilshere out was the wrong decision. In fact, I did mention that somewhere on Arsenal Mania itself at the time, if my memory serves me right.

Makingtrax likes this.
  4. mm76

mm76 Yer Da

...without a recall clause - more Wenger idiocy

Makingtrax likes this.
  5. Van Arshegas

Van Arshegas New Member

Look, I did not zee it.

American_Gooner likes this.
  6. samshere

samshere Why so serieuse?

Or he would've been fit for most of the season as he was at Bournemouth and helped us avoid the routine drubbings we seem to be getting by every team with a bit of a class.

7. Furious

Furious Xhaka Propagandist

Wilshere, the same guy, who can't get a start at OT for Bournemouth?

It was Wilshere's decision to go out on loan, and it was the right decision. He wouldn't have added anything to what we're lacking right now, he's a liability defensively.

Giroud, Tir Na Nog and Makingtrax like this.
  8. Rimaal

Don't be silly. This is Arsenal. Of course he wouldn't have stayed fit.

9. rich 1990

rich 1990 Loves the A-M Mods

We ain't Bournemouth. He'd get injured, we'd find a way.

He also wouldn't make much difference. We've got good enough players here to be doing better.

10. rich 1990

A fatal flaw in the squad cost argument is it doesn't factor in human stupidity. Paul Pogba is apparently worth 2 and 1/2 Alexis Sanchez's.

11. Rimaal

The flaw is comparing Pogba to Sanchez. For one they play different position, for two Pogba is 6 years younger than Sanchez with 6 years worth of potential over him, and for 3, a player's worth is dictated by the leverage the selling club holds over the player in terms of contract, and what the purchasing team is willing to pay for him. Human stupidity is not a factor in cost, it is a factor in buying the right player for the wrong team.

12. rich 1990

I take your point about different positions but in no world is Pogba worth 89 million. You can compare him to other midfielders and it still doesn't add up.

13. _reed_

_reed_ Active Member

14. STYLEZ

STYLEZ Well-Known Member

His a liability full stop don't get this forum and Wilshere. The guy is not good enough

15. Makingtrax

Makingtrax Arséne Wenger once said "I will miss you"

All that's very true.

If Wenger had been clairvoyant, he might have put in a recall clause on the off chance that the impossible might happen and Elneny, Xhaka, Ramsey, and Santi would all somehow become unavailable. ;)

16. Rimaal

That's the market. An iPhone Plus 7 in no way is worth £800, but that's what it costs, and that's what people pay for it. An Hermes Birkin is in no way worth from £10,000 to £100,000 but that's the price, and that's what people are willing to pay for it. The market defines the price, it really has very little to do with true worth (which with regards to human resources is a very subjective thing any way).

17. Makingtrax

Makingtrax Arséne Wenger once said "I will miss you"

Apparently Atom and Humber have gone missing. Police say they only have two leads :lol:

Trilly, razörist, MaraDon and 5 others like this.
  18. Rimaal

You're improving.:lol:

Makingtrax likes this.
  19. mm76

mm76 Yer Da

or if he had simply had some common sense

Answer me this - why NOT have a recall clause?!

why not just make sure you can get him back IF you need him?

it's just a basically stupid thing to do not to plan for that

20. blaze_of_glory

blaze_of_glory Moderator Moderator

:lol: :lol:

Makingtrax likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.