• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Alexis Sanchez: Off to the Old Toilet

Status
Not open for further replies.

Batman

Head of the Wayne foundation for benching Nketiah

Player:Saliba
Things might have to change and may be Sp**s might be ahead of us. Also, alexis has been doing well this season. But none of it excuses his lack of effort in the Bayern match. Also, showing your frustration during a match is not helpful to anyone. He is equally a part of the team failure. It is not like Alexis can do whatever he wants because he is playing well. He has to work within the team dynamics to help the team. If he is unhappy with something he should take it up with Wenger and not show it on the pitch.
Your namesake sulks more than anyone. Try again.

blaze_of_glory

The issue is allegedly storming out of training and then causing drama in the room though. And (again allegedly) being difficult to manage and integrate into the group going back to last season if some reports are to be believed. Not just being moody on the pitch, lots of players do that. Its annoying but if that's all it was then I don't think this would be a big deal.

Last edited:

Jury

A-M's drunk uncle
Henry was ****ing awful at times. He was going through a bit of bad time with his marriage breakdown though. It was so bad I was glad he was sold, because I was convinced he was holding the players back... Looking back, I was obviously wrong :lol:

Last edited:

Jury

A-M's drunk uncle
The issue is allegedly storming out of training and then causing drama in the room though. And (again allegedly) being difficult to manage and integrate into the group going back to last season if some reports are to be believed. Not just being moody on the pitch, lots of players do that. Its annoying but if that's all it was then I don't think this would be a big deal.
I don't believe it's what it's being made to look like. People are just piling it on, because that's what's done in 2017.

blaze_of_glory

Henry was ****ing awful at times. He was going through a bit of bad time with his marriage breakdown though. It was so bad I was glad he was sold, because I was convinced he was holding the players back... Looking back, I obviously was wrong :lol:
Maybe not. The year after he left was the closest we've come to winning the league since 04. Him going did allow some of the players to develop more and the team improved in the short run.

I don't believe it's what it's being made to look like. People are just piling it on, because that's what's done in 2017.

Very possible. We'll have to see how it all settles out.

Batman

I just find it very curious that we're talking about this rather than the absolute bottle job the manager is doing. It's just a bit too convenient that this guy has supposedly been a problem since last season but only now after he's dropped (stupidly) in a match where we look listless and lose to a Pool that weren't off at the races and a couple of days before another nailed on drubbing against Bayern that this is put out there. If Alexis was this problem child then why did we not hear more stories to that effect in the prior 2 seasons he was here. Why are there no such stories of him in Chile squad or his prior club teams? It just seems like very convenient timing for one person in particular that this is dominating the news cycle rather than the pathetic TEAM performance.

Jury

A-M's drunk uncle
I just find it very curious that we're talking about this rather than the absolute bottle job the manager is doing. It's just a bit too convenient that this guy has supposedly been a problem since last season but only now after he's dropped (stupidly) in a match where we look listless and lose to a Pool that weren't off at the races and a couple of days before another nailed on drubbing against Bayern that this is put out there. If Alexis was this problem child then why did we not hear more stories to that effect in the prior 2 seasons he was here. Why are there no such stories of him in Chile squad or his prior club teams? It just seems like very convenient timing for one person in particular that this is dominating the news cycle rather than the pathetic TEAM performance.
I'd rather have heard he smashed the changing room up with a baseball bat and maimed a few of them tbh.

celestis

Arsenal-Mania Veteran

There were stories from that Camden bloke dating back to last season he was unpopular within the team and from Chile NT him and Vidal egoe's were constantly clashing . No crime in being unpopular though .

blaze_of_glory

Eh, I think most people are talking about both Alexis and the job Wenger is doing. Hell we've been talking about the job Wenger is doing handling the Alexis situation in addition to the team overall. I dont' think there is any conspiracy here. It was reported ahead of the Liverpool match that Alexis had been dropped for some reason other than fitness, so its not like the story was made up due to the loss. It just hit the papers at that time.

Like @celestis said, there have been murmurings about Alexis not being all that popular in the squad for a while, and he has a history of clashing with teammates. The whole thing is entirely plausible I think.

Batman

Eh, I think most people are talking about both Alexis and the job Wenger is doing. Hell we've been talking about the job Wenger is doing handling the Alexis situation in addition to the team overall. I dont' think there is any conspiracy here. It was reported ahead of the Liverpool match that Alexis had been dropped for some reason other than fitness, so its not like the story was made up due to the loss. It just hit the papers at that time.

Like @celestis said, there have been murmurings about Alexis not being all that popular in the squad for a while, and he has a history of clashing with teammates. The whole thing is entirely plausible I think.
Well when I say "we" I more mean that the press have somewhat turned their attention away from Wenger to focus more intently on this unsubstantiated story about Alexis and so now that's what we're discussing. Of course we're a bit different here in that we love the club and are focused more intently on the club itself than the tabloid writers who want to sell rags and clicks. I'm just saying that it's odd that Wenger has been taking a greater battering in the press than he ever has before, is finally starting to be held to account by people who had previously defended him and now on the back of another pathetic showing this story comes out. The story had to have come from somewhere and if his behavior has been poor for a long while then something more concrete about it should have come out before now. I just feel like there is an element of deflection going on here and I really don't like the idea that anyone within the club even if it's not Wenger himself would scapegoat a player to take the heat off of what is a putrid showing from everyone from the owner to the kitman.

happyhappy

They're not exactly tearing up trees in Ligue 1 are they. And Cavani was playing out of position when Zlatan was there so they already had a ready made replacement and a very good one. With PSGs firepower they were never going to struggle without Zlatan.

On the other hand I can't see how United would be as close to the top 4 without him. Who would score the goals? Rashford? Don't think so.

Just look at the players around Zlatan at Man Utd and you know that he will get goals. He has always been a good finisher and nothing more. He scored nice goals in the french league which is to be honest the worst in quality of the big 5 leagues, but hasn't done it in several years for club and country. Even Giroud (the real one, not you sorry) can go there and get 20+ goals. Truth is they already have a good team of players surrounding him, not entirely down to him. I can almost guarantee that he will suffer in lesser teams.

As for PSG, Cavani struggled at the start of the campaign. That team doesn't depend on him, it is their midfield with the hard pressing and running, their flanks and midfield play are very impressive. Take out Cavani, you put in Giroud (again the real one) and they will still win games.

happyhappy

Henry was ****ing awful at times. He was going through a bit of bad time with his marriage breakdown though. It was so bad I was glad he was sold, because I was convinced he was holding the players back... Looking back, I was obviously wrong :lol:

At least we can't say you were dishonest to the forum.

Henry is good but it is still bergkamp number one for me.

CaseUteinberger

Established Member

Well when I say "we" I more mean that the press have somewhat turned their attention away from Wenger to focus more intently on this unsubstantiated story about Alexis and so now that's what we're discussing. Of course we're a bit different here in that we love the club and are focused more intently on the club itself than the tabloid writers who want to sell rags and clicks. I'm just saying that it's odd that Wenger has been taking a greater battering in the press than he ever has before, is finally starting to be held to account by people who had previously defended him and now on the back of another pathetic showing this story comes out. The story had to have come from somewhere and if his behavior has been poor for a long while then something more concrete about it should have come out before now. I just feel like there is an element of deflection going on here and I really don't like the idea that anyone within the club even if it's not Wenger himself would scapegoat a player to take the heat off of what is a putrid showing from everyone from the owner to the kitman.
"an element of deflection"? It's pure deflection. This was orchestrated by Wenger and/or the club.

Rain Dance

Established Member
Trusted ⭐
Just look at the players around Zlatan at Man Utd and you know that he will get goals. He has always been a good finisher and nothing more. He scored nice goals in the french league which is to be honest the worst in quality of the big 5 leagues, but hasn't done it in several years for club and country. Even Giroud (the real one, not you sorry) can go there and get 20+ goals. Truth is they already have a good team of players surrounding him, not entirely down to him. I can almost guarantee that he will suffer in lesser teams.

As for PSG, Cavani struggled at the start of the campaign. That team doesn't depend on him, it is their midfield with the hard pressing and running, their flanks and midfield play are very impressive. Take out Cavani, you put in Giroud (again the real one) and they will still win games.
Cavani who missed those sitters and technically our savior when we play them?

well, rather trust Giroud

scytheavatar

Established Member
If Sanchez is having problems with his teammates, the solution should be to make Sanchez the captain and any teammate who doesn't respect him should be kicked out of the club. Based on performances this season everyone in the team ATM is easily replaceable, save Sanchez. We desperately need more winners like Sanchez in the club and less of losers who have been comfortable for too long.

CJJ

Established Member
If Sanchez is having problems with his teammates, the solution should be to make Sanchez the captain and any teammate who doesn't respect him should be kicked out of the club. Based on performances this season everyone in the team ATM is easily replaceable, save Sanchez. We desperately need more winners like Sanchez in the club and less of losers who have been comfortable for too long.
No player is bigger than the club. Period.

That's not to say that Sanchez doesn't have a case. But we should not support behaviour that destabilize the team.
Better solution is just to actually buy some ****ing players with as much fire as Sanchez has. Then there wouldn't be a problem to begin with.

Optimistic

I just feel like there is an element of deflection going on here and I really don't like the idea that anyone within the club even if it's not Wenger himself would scapegoat a player to take the heat off of what is a putrid showing from everyone from the owner to the kitman.
If this was the case, that the story was meant to deflect from Wenger, then Wenger wouldn't have lied about it in the presser. Arsène said that nothing happened and the story was completely fabricated by the media--despite Ornstein publishing the story for the BBC, and Sanchez seemingly acknowledging the incident himself on Instagram.

All denying the incident does is put Wenger back under the spotlight and his name back in the headlines. And if we're to believe Wenger is now a puppet that speaks for the club's higher ups, why would they "leak" the story only to protect Alexis when questioned about it?

It doesn't add up.

Mark Tobias

Mr. Agreeable
No player is bigger than the club. Period.

That's not to say that Sanchez doesn't have a case. But we should not support behaviour that destabilize the team.
Better solution is just to actually buy some ****ing players with as much fire as Sanchez has. Then there wouldn't be a problem to begin with.
Did you not see how unstable we were when he was dropped? HEHE I see your point. Just can't believe it has come to this.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom