• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Alexis Sanchez: Off to the Old Toilet

Status
Not open for further replies.

Brown Gooner

DoN'T ceNsOR maH FreE SpEecH
£30m is peanuts in today’s market. And for a club as rich as Arsenal it is nothing. Stop being economists ffs and keep Alexis till the summer. I wouldn’t mind losing him for free because the CL money would make up for a possible £30m that we get now.

Keep Alexis and Özil and try to win the EL. That’s our only way to a CL place. I have said this in the past and I will say it again, keeping both Alexis and Özil increases our chance of winning the EL considerably!

IslingtonBornandbred

Bit crazy in my opinion he wants to go to United rather than City. I guess though, if City don't want to pay the transfer fee and United do, he might see that as them wanting him more, the fact he'll be playing every week, and he doesn't want to stay here until the summer.

Thought he'd hold out for City if I'm honest.

gunner4lyfe

Established Member
If United get him only for cash (and no player exchange) then I am all the more pissed at this club!
If we sell our best player to United AGAIN whether for cash or cash plus player i will still be pissed. I'd rather sell to City for less. Those manure fans are gonna be all over us AGAIN when they shouldn't be. But that's just what little pride i have left talking.

bingobob

A-M’s Resident Hunskelper
Trusted ⭐

Assuming Sanchez goes for ~30 million now we've effectively given up 25 million in exchange for 7 goals and 3 assists.

Was it worth it?
Yes, very little doubt in my mind.

There is a dark cloud hanging over us but if we sold Alexis in the summer to City I don't think it makes them any better than the currently are and I don't think we become any better than we currently are even if we signed Lemar. But the perception would have been we sold City the title with Alexis banging in 15 goals and 8 assists and if we had kept him we could have challenged.

Instead we are **** and City are just fine. And hopefully it allows us to focus on where are problems are. Alexis going in the summer with the league table as it is would have been a lovely distraction.

kofigunner

Established Member
Trusted ⭐
Truth is, his head is turned, he has to leave this transfer window. His head was turned in the summer already, and the failed bid then messed him up. At this stage, he wants out. To be fair, Man U are going to offer him Champions League, so whilst it’s not Citu, it’s still a better situation than he currently in. Judging from all the chatter about some bad blood in the dressing room, and all that, it’s better he leaves now before the mood gets worse. The club has messed things up, now we have to salvage things by letting him go in this window. It’s a “panic” sell if you like.

Taylor Gang Gunners

Say Yeh or You're Making The List
Trusted ⭐
Something tells me we’ve had Alexis’ best years..

I don’t know, I’d love for him to stay but I’m not as cut up over him leaving as I thought I’d be. Even if he goes to Yanited to play right back.

Last edited:

SomGooner

Prolific Liker
We’ve lost far more better players than him however, I do not blame him one bit for wanting to get away from this crazy dictator.

He’s given everything he’s had for the club and he was betrayed by Arsène like so many before him.

Adios Amigos

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom