• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Alexis Sanchez: Off to the Old Toilet

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mrs Bergkamp

Double Dusted
Dusted 🔻
to be fair there are several players who actually are were unworthy and should not be regular starters for us

Welbeck
Theo
Coq
El Neny
Monreal
2 out 2 more to go!

Iwobi (but still have faith in his potential

we will have one helluva barebones squad thou, but youngsters will be bloodied

we most def should put everything into the EL, the cup and the league IN THAT ORDER of priority
I'd keep Monreal but I'm not bothered about the rest tbh. We've a massive clearout ahead :)

IslingtonBornandbred

If it was ambition he would have gone to Citey.

You know what, I was thinking that the other day. The only thing that might have swayed things is if City refuse to match our asking price and he doesn't want to wait until the summer. He'd pretty much be guaranteed a Premier League medal if he went to City, then if he wanted to move on in a year or two he'd be able to with that ticked off. If he stays at United for two or three years, who knows if he'll ever win the league.

I've got a feeling though that if given the choice he'd also go to Chelsea and Liverpool this month if they were willing to meet his wages. I just think he feels like he's done here and made his mind up a long time ago that he wanted to go, regardless of wages that we were offering.

I'd be surprised if we were to match exactly what City or United have offered and he wanted to stay.

Last edited:

KROENKE SUCKS

The deal with United is done big dog. There's a lot to sort out. Alexis, and whether he's still talking to City or delaying to see if they go back in for him. You've got Miki coming the other way. Then you've got United dealing with Alexis's agent and us dealing with Miki's agents and the sort of fees that they require. There's a lot involved in this specific deal.

I'd argue over the years we are very efficient when selling players haha! It's the other way round we seem to struggle to get deals over the line.

Alexis isn't the problem he seems to have agreed terms with ManU. We are dragging our heels negotiating for every cent with Mkhi and holding things up as usual. All our transfers that involve high profile players coming in this direction are like this. Some people just don't want to see it.

IslingtonBornandbred

Alexis isn't the problem he seems to have agreed terms with ManU. We are dragging our heels negotiating for every cent with Mkhi and holding things up as usual. All our transfers that involve high profile players coming in this direction are like this. Some people just don't want to see it.

And whose fault is that? What exactly is your point? I thought we are a club on a "budget", so shouldn't we be negotiating responsibly and negotiating for every cent? In this case, like I said, I don't think that's the case, it's a very complicated deal given the specific situation and the many factors involved.

In the past, yes, I agree our transfer policy and negotiations have caused us to miss out on a number of key players because we haven't been aggressive and ambitious enough in terms of meeting club's valuations and player's demands. I think it's very likely we've missed out on some current stars because we've refused to pay relatively insignificant additional fees i.e who knows, maybe an extra 10-20,000 a week to lure Kante, or an additional x amount to sign Hazard when he was available.

I agree we are a club with a budget, but I think at times that budget should have been stretched to and above it's maximum to ensure we aren't left short on the pitch. Who's the one that's been drawing the line during negotiations? That's the question. You might argue it's not Wenger, others would argue it is Wenger. Nobody knows regardless of any interview.

FreakySami

And whose fault is that? What exactly is your point? I thought we are a club on a "budget", so shouldn't we be negotiating responsibly and negotiating for every cent? In this case, like I said, I don't think that's the case, it's a very complicated deal given the specific situation and the many factors involved.

In the past, yes, I agree our transfer policy and negotiations have caused us to miss out on a number of key players because we haven't been aggressive and ambitious enough in terms of meeting club's valuations and player's demands. I think it's very likely we've missed out on some current stars because we've refused to pay relatively insignificant additional fees i.e who knows, maybe an extra 10-20,000 a week to lure Kante, or an additional x amount to sign Hazard when he was available.

I agree we are a club with a budget, but I think at times that budget should have been stretched to and above it's maximum to ensure we aren't left short on the pitch. Who's the one that's been drawing the line during negotiations? That's the question. You might argue it's not Wenger, others would argue it is Wenger. Nobody knows regardless of any interview.

I think you cannot just accept the agent fee as is specially this one. He will eat you alive if you do that. **** him. You cannot argue that you are weak either.

TheArsenalis

2 things happen at arsenal cl
I think you cannot just accept the agent fee as is specially this one. He will eat you alive if you do that. **** him. You cannot argue that you are weak either.
agents are a necessary evil unfortunately. i know these players get a lot of money and we would think money amounting to way over a top professional doctor, banker or whatever elite profession you can come up with.
players put their bodies on the line, we've seen career cut short from reckless tackles, players dying in the middle of a game. they may not be the most intelligent bunch on how to negotiate their contracts or know and other technical complexity in behind the scenes matter of football.

football clubs would absolutely take the piss out of these players without agents intervening and try to get the best for themselves and their clients.

the media guys call contract demands greedy. **** that these clubs make so much money. pay up. the owners are rich and greedy. when they negotiate deal with sponsors they do the same driving hard bargains and they can reninvest themselves as long as they have supports player playing time is short lived. when you become a star, use your leverage, dont let them off the hook because when your light stop shining they feed you. long live agents. my two cent

FreakySami

2 things happen at arsenal cl

agents are a necessary evil unfortunately. i know these players get a lot of money and we would think money amounting to way over a top professional doctor, banker or whatever elite profession you can come up with.
players put their bodies on the line, we've seen career cut short from reckless tackles, players dying in the middle of a game. they may not be the most intelligent bunch on how to negotiate their contracts or know and other technical complexity in behind the scenes matter of football.

football clubs would absolutely take the piss out of these players without agents intervening and try to get the best for themselves and their clients.

the media guys call contract demands greedy. **** that these clubs make so much money. pay up. the owners are rich and greedy. when they negotiate deal with sponsors they do the same driving hard bargains and they can reninvest themselves as long as they have supports player playing time is short lived. when you become a star, use your leverage, dont let them off the hook because when your light stop shining they feed you. long live agents. my two cent

I never said agents are evil. I'm saying this one has a huge influence in too many places. I think players deserve a cut of the pie as much as the club but guess who keeps paying for that pie? The fans.

progman07

Established Member
Rubbish. They have been here for atleast 4 years each. We have not come anywhere close to winning any title. But on the flip side they have been here and we dropped out of the Top 4 for the first time in 18 years. And it is even looking worse for us this season with both of them still here.
We dropped out with them, but we would have dropped to midtable without them.

karl

I never said agents are evil. I'm saying this one has a huge influence in too many places. I think players deserve a cut of the pie as much as the club but guess who keeps paying for that pie? The fans.
I think you are right. Sadly the Sanchez deal will have the usual knock on effect as other agents cite the figures. In turn that will have to eventually drive up season tickets and tv subs.

The "short career" argument is way out of date with players earning more in a month than most do in a lifetime.

Makingtrax

Worships in the house of Wenger 🙏
Trusted ⭐

Player:Saliba
Rubbish. They have been here for atleast 4 years each. We have not come anywhere close to winning any title. But on the flip side they have been here and we dropped out of the Top 4 for the first time in 18 years. And it is even looking worse for us this season with both of them still here.
21 years bro . . . . come on.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts+

Top Bottom