• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Alexis Sanchez (Out)

Status
Not open for further replies.

A_G

Rice Rice Baby 🎼🎵
Bein have jumped the gun on transfers before tbf:
Come on Pep you bald ****

Steps

Waiting for us to not sign anyone in the wake of him leaving after all the rumors of not selling until a replacement was secured.

Jury

A-M's drunk uncle
It's difficult to lose a player of Alexis' talent and his ability to make something out of nothing. But it's entirely possible Arsenal may play better without him. It's still a team game. If reports of division in the dressing room are true, they may be better off without him.
There's a possibility of any team performing better without any star player of theirs because it's a team game, and it opens doors to the unknown which can sometimes work in your favour. But that's irrelevant here. You don't strengthen a team you've finished above for the last 4 years by selling them your best and most productive player. It's a desecration. Nobody does that. You can't sugar coat it.

Uncle Good-Advice

The worst thing is that I can't blame Alexis for his desire to leave. I hate Man Utd but that's business - he doesn't want to be here so sell him, cut your losses and move on.

I wish that the same could be done with our manager and our board...

grim_tales1

The club didn't have to let him go anywhere at the end of the day. This could be the biggest insult to fans you could ever have imagined. If the fans don't react to this then we really are fvcked.

We should have told him he's not going anywhere and let him rot on the bench or reserves. Just see out your contract ffs.

GoonerJeeves

Established Member
Trusted ⭐

Little will happen at Arsenal until we get an owner with the same pockets as City.

These days it is all about the money, with few exceptions. We can change our manager as much as we like, but until we get a change higher up at the club, not much will change.

That is just how it is.

Jury

A-M's drunk uncle
We should have told him he's not going anywhere and let him rot on the bench or reserves. Just see out your contract ffs.
He would have played and he would have been an asset to the team for the remainder of the season as we try and win the EL and get top 4. Well that was the managers opinion anyway... Alexis would have been due a £30m signing on fee in the summer. I doubt another few months playing for Arsenal would have hurt him.

Steps

FWIW I really don't mind Mkhitaryan. I liked him before he went to ManU and think he has been terribly managed there. That said, I'd really only be happy if he was included in the deal on top of £30M.

Original_AAA

I really hope he doesn't go to United and it would be adding insult to injury if we got Mkhitaryan as part of the deal. Really do not need another player who performs in three games a season and then doesn't do **** for the remaining games.

samshere

Why so serieuse?
Is the deal 30m+Mkhitaryan? Don't rate Mkhi, but we can easily get 20m for him in todays market. That'd make the deal worth 50m which is great business for someone in the last 6 months of their contract.

OSBK

Established Member
If we get mhki then it tells us Özil is off aswell.

Would be great to watch them 2 players in full flow but if they dont both fancy it 1 game then arsenal are playing with 9 men.

Slartibartfast

CIES Loyalist
There's a possibility of any team performing better without any star player of theirs because it's a team game, and it opens doors to the unknown which can sometimes work in your favour. But that's irrelevant here. You don't strengthen a team you've finished above for the last 4 years by selling them your best and most productive player. It's a desecration. Nobody does that. You can't sugar coat it.

I don't see much difference between selling him to City or United. He could go to either club for free in a few months anyway. It's unlikely Arsenal will finish above United this season, regardless of what shirt Alexis is wearing. So I would say it's irrelevant who you're selling him to at this late juncture. It's not the best situation, but Arsenal has to make the best of it. No use moaning about it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom