• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Alexis Sanchez (Out)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Red London

Anti-Simp Culture
Trusted ⭐
If we could get Belotti and James/Isco for same fee as we get for Alexis it might not turn out so bad.
How will that happen though? Sanchez isnt gonna fetch more than £40m and thats being very very generous, he has a year left. Look at Mkhitaryan last season , moving for £27m and he wasnt unsettled

Red London

Anti-Simp Culture
Trusted ⭐
I will be really sad losing Sanchez. I remember when we were linked with him, Iv never been so excited for a signing in my life, and when it happened it felt surreal as an Arsenal fan actually signing a really highly rated player.
He got much better with us, at normal clubs this would work well towards success but we have stagnated, and now we might make a loss on him.. not good

celestis

Arsenal-Mania Veteran

I'm fairly certain any major player Ferguson lost was on Fergies terms and not their own.

People keep coming back to this we've had better players before, may be you're trying to comfort yourselves I don't know either way it's missing the bigger picture. Özil and Alexis was meant to represent a new era one where we don't lose our best players anymore. One where we can afford to pay the going rates for top quality and spend sums that we've never been able to spend before. Yet here we are going backwards, yes we've lost better players but we didn't lose RVP or Fabregas after winning silverware and being able afford to keep them.

Except Pogba left and cameback to a huge payrise .

4R5Emaniac

Always fresh from Bangladesh
Berardi :lol::lol:

Trust me, the italian left winger to buy is Bernardeschi. 40 mln euro and he's in London.
Otherwise we could buy Federico Chiesa, Enrico's son. He's 20 and he's better than Bernardeschi.
Berardi is really talented. You don't rate him? Bernardeschi is a joy to watch. Great technique but seems very one footed. Haven't seen Chiesa yet. Whats he like?

Venice

Berardi is really talented. You don't rate him? Bernardeschi is a joy to watch. Great technique but seems very one footed. Haven't seen Chiesa yet. Whats he like?

Berardi isn't as good as media say.
Juventus could take him back but he's still at Sassuolo. He's not a talent.
I prefer Bernardeschi or Chiesa.
Chiesa is a good wing and he runs until the end of the match.
And he's only 20, while Berardi and Bernardeschi are 23

Taylor Gang Gunners

Say Yeh or You're Making The List
Trusted ⭐
It's rare big players leave us and thrive though. All our top guys have gone elsewhere and been unable to replicate the form they showed here. Whilst we, one the other hand, have always been at the same level.

Alexis is a completely different animal this season. I've watched him throughout his career, he's never quite been at this level for club or indeed country. Credit must go to Wenger for this.

I don't think anybody has got so many players from 'very good' to 'world class' as consistently as Arsène in history really. It's a shame he's seemed to have lost his eye for rough diamonds (though he plucked Kos from nowhere).

Batman

Head of the Wayne foundation for benching Nketiah

Player:Saliba
Ferguson and Wenger comparisons are off. One was managing a true super club with unlimited resources, the other a big English club.

Even then, Utd lost Ronaldo, had Roy Keane flirting with Bayern.

How much money did Fergie really spend on players though? It's not like he was throwing money around like Chelsea/City. Sure he splashed the cash on players here and there but the sums really weren't obscene and the money wasn't artificially acquired. To be fair he is the main reason they had that kind of money to spend in the first place. His management led them to their massive profile around the world which is why they have so much money today. You can't penalize someone for their success breeding the resources for greater success. The sad part is that our Invincibles were on their way to propelling the club to that sort of profile. I remember people trying to organize a friendly between Arsenal and Brazil. We were well on our way to being the darlings of football and then we came up short in the CL and slipped in the league the following year and it's really been downhill ever since.

celestis

Arsenal-Mania Veteran

How much money did Fergie really spend on players though? It's not like he was throwing money around like Chelsea/City. Sure he splashed the cash on players here and there but the sums really weren't obscene and the money wasn't artificially acquired. To be fair he is the main reason they had that kind of money to spend in the first place. His management led them to their massive profile around the world which is why they have so much money today. You can't penalize someone for their success breeding the resources for greater success. The sad part is that our Invincibles were on their way to propelling the club to that sort of profile. I remember people trying to organize a friendly between Arsenal and Brazil. We were well on our way to being the darlings of football and then we came up short in the CL and slipped in the league the following year and it's really been downhill ever since.

He did spend big money mate by far the biggest in the league , difference is though the Mancs generate their own revenue unlike City or Chelsea.

Last edited:

GDeep™

League is very weak
Ferguson spent big for his time. He obviously retired before 60M became the norm for all good players. The money he was spending 15 years ago, we're just spending now.

I'm not sure about him being the reason for that sort of outlay either, yes he obviously played a part but Utd were a super club before he arrived.

Batman

Head of the Wayne foundation for benching Nketiah

Player:Saliba
Ferguson spent big for his time. He obviously retired before 60M became the norm for all good players. The money he was spending 15 years ago, we're just spending now.

I'm not sure about him being the reason for that sort of outlay either, yes he obviously played a part but Utd were a super club before he arrived.
When he took over Liverpool were closer to being a super club than United. They had 7 titles when he became manager and now they've got 20. They were also in the midst of a 20+ year title drought so I don't think that's exactly super club form. Of course he's the reason for the increase in their profile which led to an increase in their spending power. Kids in the furthest corners of the world weren't wearing United shirts before he took over and now because of his brilliance they are. That's where their spending power comes from. The on the field success that he took to new heights(as clearly evidenced by his title count nearly doubling their previous title count) led to the global popularity that ensures that they get the best commercial deals in the sport which is where the money comes from. Let's also remember that the league was probably the 3rd or 4th best in the world when he took over so none of the teams in it were really regarded as a super club being dwarfed by the achievements of clubs in Spain, Italy and Germany.

Last edited:

redanddread

The stone that the builders refuse
It's rare big players leave us and thrive though. All our top guys have gone elsewhere and been unable to replicate the form they showed here. Whilst we, one the other hand, have always been at the same level.

Alexis is a completely different animal this season. I've watched him throughout his career, he's never quite been at this level for club or indeed country. Credit must go to Wenger for this.

I don't think anybody has got so many players from 'very good' to 'world class' as consistently as Arsène in history really. It's a shame he's seemed to have lost his eye for rough diamonds (though he plucked Kos from nowhere).
They've only left and won a ****load of trophies though.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom