• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Alexis Sanchez (Out)

Status
Not open for further replies.

say yes

forum master baiter
Six months is a long time in football.

Fewer than four months of actual football left though. And we’ve not got much left to fight for.

Mkhitaryan on a contract until June 2021 is worth a hell of a lot more than under 4 months of Alexis, no matter how highly you rate the fella.

We should never have been in this position, but it’s clearly a good deal for us. Much better than I ever expected.

MkhiMagic

Reading that it's £350kpw after taxes plus £100kpw for image rights plus a £7.5 million signing on bonus each year for 4 years which is another £144kpw if spread over weeks. So £594pwk after taxes? Insane if true.

House MD

Reading that it's £350kpw after taxes plus £100kpw for image rights plus a £7.5 million signing on bonus each year for 4 years which is another £144kpw if spread over weeks. So £594pwk after taxes? Insane if true.

Can’t be after taxes surely. That’s what 700k or thereabouts before tax? That’s highly unlikely. It’s probably 350k before tax plus % of image rights which is more or less what we paid to each of rooney and ibra last season

Slartibartfast

CIES Loyalist
Can’t be after taxes surely. That’s what 700k or thereabouts before tax? That’s highly unlikely. It’s probably 350k before tax plus % of image rights which is more or less what we paid to each of rooney and ibra last season

According to the Daily Mail (for what that's worth) it's:

• £350,000 a week basic
  • £100,000 a week in image rights
  • £7.5million a year signing-on fee for four years

After tax, he'll be making £269,000 a week. Plus that £7.5 million yearly bonus.

BobP

Memri Fan
Fewer than four months of actual football left though. And we’ve not got much left to fight for.

Mkhitaryan on a contract until June 2021 is worth a hell of a lot more than under 4 months of Alexis, no matter how highly you rate the fella.

We should never have been in this position, but it’s clearly a good deal for us. Much better than I ever expected.

This.

As you say, it's a terribly **** situation to be in but it could've been a lot worse. I mean if things pan out the way we want them to, we end up with 4 quality attacking options in Özil, Laca, Auba, and the Armenian. Not a disaster at all.

AmberHawk

Look its so easy to say its just all about the money. But seriously could anyone think a coach could be more wrong for Alexis than Mourhino?

How is Sanchez gonna react in a cl clash with barcelona?
When Mourhino wanna park 10 buses, but Sanchez want to press high?

Will Mourhino be able to do what Wenger failed to do?

Slartibartfast

CIES Loyalist
Look its so easy to say its just all about the money. But seriously could anyone think a coach could be more wrong for Alexis than Mourhino?

I can see it turning out very badly just as easily as very well. Should be interesting at the very least.

giphy.gif

MkhiMagic

I say give it 2 months and Alexis' transformation into an auxiliary fullback will be complete.

AmberHawk

I say give it 2 months and Alexis' transformation into an auxiliary fullback will be complete.
Well to be fair, with the amount of money they pay him, even if they told him he is the new understudy of David De Gea. Im sure he would say yes i was a great gk when i was a kid...

MkhiMagic

And it doesn't have to be a team of Barcelona's caliber either. Maureen becomes even more cowardly in the knock out phases. Last year he parked the bus against Celta Vigo, Rostov, Anderlecht to name a few.

He even parked the bus against the now relegated middlesbrough last year after United went up 2-1 and put Mkhi as leftback for the last 20-25 minutes. No not a defensive winger helping his fullback, he was the actual leftback and there were a few other cases like it. He's a total coward and I'd be shocked if Alexis flourishes in that bus. Their styles will clash sooner or later.

MkhiMagic

Well to be fair, with the amount of money they pay him, even if they told him he is the new understudy of David De Gea. Im sure he would say yes i was a great gk when i was a kid...
Lol that's about the only thing that could stop alexis from throwing a tantrum, knowing how much he gets paid he might just put his head down and do what's asked but he certainly won't be enjoying his football.

BobP

Memri Fan

To be fair to Mourinho, there was a time where he convinced Eto'o to play as an auxiliary full back. IIRC it was against Barcelona in the CL semi-final. Did a good job at it to.

Mo Britain

Doom Monger
You can almost tell how long posters have been Arsenal supporters with how they are taking this transfer.

I'd wager most incensed with Sanchez going to United, calling him a mercenary and feel that "it's all about the money" are those that came over and started supporting around the time/because Özil signed.

I can't believe those that have been through this with Cesc, RVP, etc in the past, watched Arséne leave the squad short each summer, make the same mistakes over and over on the pitch, could somehow hate our top players for wanting out and signing for a bigger club while getting a large wage bump for doing so.
I support Arsenal from the time when they signed Alan Ball. Remember him? I am incensed with Sanchez going to any premiership team. I don't hate any of "our" top players. I hate them when they leave for mercenary reasons to a rival club (all clubs in the premiership are our rivals) and especially when they pretend it's not for money. There is no "project" at United. Mourinho will probably be fired at the end of next season or he'll walk. All there is, is big money arising from desperation.

bingobob

A-M’s Resident Hunskelper
Trusted ⭐

I support Arsenal from the time when they signed Alan Ball. Remember him? I am incensed with Sanchez going to any premiership team. I don't hate any of "our" top players. I hate them when they leave for mercenary reasons to a rival club (all clubs in the premiership are our rivals) and especially when they pretend it's not for money. There is no "project" at United. Mourinho will probably be fired at the end of next season or he'll walk. All there is, is big money arising from desperation.
What exactly is mercenary about going to the team sitting second in the league, with a proven manager, the money and image to attract the best players in the world whilst looking capable of challenging for serious honours going forward?

There is a clear project at United. Just because it's not Peps style doesn't mean it's not a project. Attaining Pogba, Matic, Lukaku and adding Alexis is clearly a project. Throw in Bailly, who I thinks outstanding, and United have in my eyes a world class spine from De Gea up to Lukaku and everything in between. Lukaku is probably the weakest link of that spine and they're adding Alexis.

All I sense are bitter people who seem to think there is no footballing ambition behind this move. It's not like Alexis has buggered of to China or some footballing backwater. I dare say some would consider a move to Real Madrid as a mercenary move because they are so far behind Barcelona and fail to see beyond this season and into the next one.

The biggest understandable fear is what if Mourinho leaves. Then United go and hire a top drawer manager to replace him. Cause they'll pay the money top managers want to earn and the money they want to spend.

Last edited:

Mo Britain

Doom Monger
A little clue - he doesn't want to pay tax. That's a fairly mercenary trait I think.

I disagree about United having a clear project. They have a manager who always spends whackloads of money and wins the league in his second year. Here he is in his second year trailing another team from the same city by 12 points. He's not going to win it this year, he's not going to win it NEXT year. He doesn't stay when he can't win, he's a bad loser not a plucky one.

Of course there are bitter people here. We're supposed to be Arsenal fans, do you expect us to stand around cheering and applauding when some **** of a player leaves us to go and play for a rival? But the fact people are bitter doesn't mean they're not right. If he wanted to win trophies above all he would go to City. Not where he's heading.

Last edited:

progman07

Established Member
Also he does his own thing in attack instead playing for the team. These things suit United more than it does for structured attacking teams like Arsenal and City.
Seriously? Arsenal? A structured attacking team? Have you watched us in recent years? We have been playing like a nothing midtable team without Alexis.

Sanchez left because we have not bought a world class player since him, and we bought him quite a long ago. We are dropping further from the top4 and Wenger is doing NOTHING. Why should any ambitious player stay at the Club? Only someone like Özil would consider staying, who has never carried the team on his back like his status and wages at the Club would indicate.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom