• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Alexis Sanchez (Out)

Status
Not open for further replies.

House MD

never finished 90 minutes in the league. His average must be about 60 minutes. How is he supposed to prove himself?

He was first choice and then he slipped down to third or fourth choice in a couple of months. He got enough chances to prove himself at united. He was starting games here even when he had no right to based on form

krengon

One Arsène Wenger
Trusted ⭐
Although we will struggle to replace him as a "match winner" if that makes sense.

Yeah agreed, that will be what we'll miss the most without him. He often made the difference even when the team was struggling or even he was struggling, just needed one moment or one chance to turn it around for us.

I'm hoping someone else will step up in his absence and bail us out even when we are not playing well.

Yousif Arsenal

On Vinai's payroll & misses 4th place trophy 🏆
Trusted ⭐
Yeah agreed, that will be what we'll miss the most without him. He often made the difference even when the team was struggling or even he was struggling, just needed one moment or one chance to turn it around for us.

I'm hoping someone else will step up in his absence and bail us out even when we are not playing well.
That's why we are buying Auba too because Alexis had everything he can assist and score goals if we are looking to play Mkhi in Cazorla role then wenger is having a plan to use him and of course Auba will add goals speed and quality movement in final third.

Dammit

The best thing about this to happen as soon as possible is that all the united supporters who registered in the last month will be gone. Can't wait.

CurryFlavoured

Established Member
Think MKH best season the one that got him a transfer was 20 goals 15 assists , pretty sure .

edit 23 goals 15 assists , those are ****ing massive numbers .
Can he repeat anything near that in the PL? It's a big ask. We'll see how he goes - he'll certainly be given a better run at Arsenal than Utd.

But in my opinion, no individual will replace Alexis goal threat. We'll need to contribute more as an attacking unit.

M

MalcomMadness

The volume of goal contributions isn't important to me, its the game time and type that are important. For example Lukaku, stat padded massively this season and in others as well. Rarely scores in big moments.

Alexis is a big moment player 80% of the time. We need to replace that, not the goal contribution number.

celestis

Arsenal-Mania Veteran

Can he repeat anything near that in the PL? It's a big ask. We'll see how he goes - he'll certainly be given a better run at Arsenal than Utd.

But in my opinion, no individual will replace Alexis goal threat. We'll need to contribute more as an attacking unit.

Yeah that's my opinion too .

krackpot

Established Member
Trusted ⭐
Yeah that's my opinion too .
We've never carried a goal threat at CF since RvP. Our situation is the same as Chelski, ManUre. They have incredibly woeful attackers. At least Chelski have Hazard.

No Striker who can create a goal out of nothing. Something like this:

Rex Stone

Long live the fighters
Trusted ⭐

Really? Didn't he only hit elite numbers last year and in his first season?

Can't remember him nearing 40 goals/assists per season with such regularity.

edit: 28 goals/assists in his first season
25 in his second
and bloody 40 last year.

That's not even including the FA cup. We're ****ed.:lol:

Only silver lining is that he was on pace for about 20 goals/assists this season and that was only after his recent burst.

I think we'll be alright, him and Özil were so much better than the rest of our squad last year if they had bad games we were f*cked.

If we do get PEA and Mkhi we'd have a front line that'll be much more balanced and then there's hopefully Ramsey and Wilshere in midfield.

That's a line up will be able to share the goals and assists round much better than before.

TriniGunner

Why do I feel like I'm one of the few Arsenal supporters that's elated about Sanchez leaving this club? I've wanted him gone since his tantrum against Bournemouth. I've wanted him gone since I've realized he may be the root cause of our squad unity. I've wanted him gone ever since he's been losing the ball and not giving a f@ck about winning it back...then whining about it like a *****. I felt no attachment to him as an Arsenal player and the points I mentioned exacerbated my feelings for him to leave. At the end of the day if his departure does wonders in the dressing room for squad morale then I'm all for it. My ONLY problem with all this is that Wenger made this go on for far too long and I place most of the blame there. He really doesn't have the balls or whatever to deal with these young primadonnas in world football and I hope for his sake we start playing like an Arsenal team again.

<<reed>>

Lidl Tir Na Nog
Based on the fact that Mourinho's negative style of football won't suit the high risk high reward type of player Alexis is. This purchase was to spite city more than it was to bolster united IMO.
I disagree.
And what does "Alexis will flop" mean? We are talking not about a young 50m talent who has had one great season (hi Lemar). Alexis has been a top 5 winger in the league since he came here, I don't think a player of his caliber is able to flop after just changing the team.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom