• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Alexis Sanchez (Out)

Status
Not open for further replies.

every little thing

Sanchez would go to Bayern if the wages were lower by a "small" 1-2 million margin. I guess the bonuses on winning the Bundesliga could offset that (question: are bonuses factored in wages per-week calculations?).

Most SA players provide for a large number of family members and leaches (who can also be family members, heh). Add that to a top flight career that can go down the drain with a shawcrossing of an eye.

A lot of them also come from low income backgrounds, so it's a lot of people and pressure.

He wants 25m, bayern offers 16m, that's a big margin

El Duderino

That's, like, your opinion, man.
Alexis to Bayern on a free seems the obvious solution for everyone but us. 16m a year & a huge signing on fee.

Well, seeing as we don't really trust the club to properly replace him, having another season of him (as long as he doesn't join United, City, et. al.) might no be that bad.

Mind, it's still horrible, but at least we get another season out of him.

blaise

Alexis to Bayern on a free seems the obvious solution for everyone but us. 16m a year & a huge signing on fee.

That is probably the reason we are offering 20m, especially with City and Chelski lurking, they d blow Bayern away

Red London

Anti-Simp Culture
Trusted ⭐
That is probably the reason we are offering 20m, especially with City and Chelski lurking, they d blow Bayern away
if we actually keep sanchez/Özil and have a good window we could be decent next season without CL footy. tbh as i say this i dont even believe the bs coming out my mouth why would sanchez
the only reason he'd stay is if we offer silly money

Jury

A-M's drunk uncle
Watch him go with the sun on his back. We'll still lose though. Not even this ****ing stud can save us from Wenger.

ModelGooner

Harambe Loyalist
if we actually keep sanchez/Özil and have a good window we could be decent next season without CL footy. tbh as i say this i dont even believe the bs coming out my mouth why would sanchez
the only reason he'd stay is if we offer silly money

The extra 7 or so EL games will **** us up. We can't even keep the squad fit as it is.

blaise

The more I think it looks moe likely that we could resign him for big money in fear to lose him next year on free to rivals. If Bayern cant afford him that leaves only PSG and who knows if he wants to go there when next summer he can practically choose team and money.

scytheavatar

Established Member
Well, seeing as we don't really trust the club to properly replace him, having another season of him (as long as he doesn't join United, City, et. al.) might no be that bad.

Mind, it's still horrible, but at least we get another season out of him.

Of course replacing Sanchez will be hard, but we WILL have to replace him sooner or latter if he doesn't want to sign. So, why not take the 50 million we can get from selling him to help buy a potential replacement? Yes, replacing Sanchez will take time and it will almost certainly be a death knell to the AKB crowd's dream of a well deserved Wenger send off, but are you really ok with Wenger basically screwing over his successor by letting Sanchez (possibly Özil too) leave on the free?

Kingslayer

Forza Milan
The ‘Alexis out of Arsenal’ campaign keeps going strong in Chile.

After newspaper El Mercurio had stories saying he was too good for the club and even reported advanced talks with Bayern Munich, it’s time for other outlets to get on the bandwagon.

Columnist Rodrigo Sepulveda, from La Tercera, has a piece today called ‘Walk, Alexis’. He basically tells the national hero it’s to say goodbye because the Arsenal squad is far from his level.

Among the most powerful sentences, it’s mentioned that Arsenal players are ‘Discontinuous, timid, and dependent’, the club ‘don’t deserve him’, and that “if it wasn’t for him, they’d have finished 10th’.

Sepulveda also recalls that Sanchez has scored 24 Premier League goals this season, and is followed by Oliver Giroud, who had only 12 and had the advantage of playing inside the box.

The piece ends with the journalist telling Alexis to chose any new club, let it be Bayern Munich or Manchester City, as long as there are players on his level. Chileans seem tired of watching their hero not fighting for titles, and their expectation for a move is being taken to a national level.

http://sportwitness.co.uk/theyd-fin...a-outright-begin-slate-arsenal-clubs-players/

Jury

A-M's drunk uncle
The ‘Alexis out of Arsenal’ campaign keeps going strong in Chile.

After newspaper El Mercurio had stories saying he was too good for the club and even reported advanced talks with Bayern Munich, it’s time for other outlets to get on the bandwagon.

Columnist Rodrigo Sepulveda, from La Tercera, has a piece today called ‘Walk, Alexis’. He basically tells the national hero it’s to say goodbye because the Arsenal squad is far from his level.

Among the most powerful sentences, it’s mentioned that Arsenal players are ‘Discontinuous, timid, and dependent’, the club ‘don’t deserve him’, and that “if it wasn’t for him, they’d have finished 10th’.

Sepulveda also recalls that Sanchez has scored 24 Premier League goals this season, and is followed by Oliver Giroud, who had only 12 and had the advantage of playing inside the box.

The piece ends with the journalist telling Alexis to chose any new club, let it be Bayern Munich or Manchester City, as long as there are players on his level. Chileans seem tired of watching their hero not fighting for titles, and their expectation for a move is being taken to a national level.

http://sportwitness.co.uk/theyd-fin...a-outright-begin-slate-arsenal-clubs-players/
Good stuff. He needs to escape. I'd help him if I could.

Erlis

Only Came To See Granit Xhaka

But Chileans should know that Bayern is not willing to give him the amount of money he is requiring. They probably don't have that high opinion of him, otherwise, they would have paid.

El Duderino

That's, like, your opinion, man.
Of course replacing Sanchez will be hard, but we WILL have to replace him sooner or latter if he doesn't want to sign. So, why not take the 50 million we can get from selling him to help buy a potential replacement? Yes, replacing Sanchez will take time and it will almost certainly be a death knell to the AKB crowd's dream of a well deserved Wenger send off, but are you really ok with Wenger basically screwing over his successor by letting Sanchez (possibly Özil too) leave on the free?

I want the manager not to be given a new contract, but the bolded is why I don't really interact with you much. I don't think you're a **** or anything, just that it gets really tiresome seeing people make everything be about Arsène. It's almost as a lot os posters would be happier seeing the club burn so you can say told you so to the few Wenger supporters that are left.

My post was based on a hypothetical from @Garrincha that him going on a free to bayern was the best solution. Call it a silver lining in a sea of ****.

So again, seeing that in his scenario the players is bound to Munich, Wenger would be likely at the club and the money would not be invested wisely, I'd rather play him and get back to the UCL and at least have that as a starting point for planing the season.

African Flair

i reckon we'd play people like gabriel, elneny,coq,welbeck,iwobi in EL until we get knocked out or get to the quarters
All in all the EL can be very good for the club if things are handled properly. Go out and get a few young class talents that we can pretty much promise meaningful time on the pitch, also for our own academy guys so they don't take the Gnabry route.

Sapient Hawk

Can You Smell What The Hawk Is Cooking?
Trusted ⭐

You look at recent quotes from Vidal, you only say those things if you know Sanchez.

Signs not good.

Not good at all. But if the inevitable must happen, let him leave for the continent. I'd be fuming less knowing he's knocking in the goals for Bayern than he would across us in West London.

Sadly, the comments from Vidal & similar player's we're hoping to attract that Arsenal are a spent force will continue to rise unless some fundamental changes take place.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom