• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Alexis Sanchez (Out)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Vistula

Sanchez got feeded with stories of glory and hopes for the title. Poor lad made such progress his value skyrocketed. Now Stan Kroenke can sell him and earn the **** out of the deal, right in the pocket. Brilliant, really.

GDeep™

League is very weak
Sanchez got feeded with stories of glory and hopes for the title. Poor lad made such progress his value skyrocketed. Now Stan Kroenke can sell him and earn the **** out of the deal, right in the pocket. Brilliant, really.

Let's stop with this. Sanchez was getting booted from Barcelona and we were the best club in for him.

Trilly

Hates A-M, Saka, Arteta and You
Trusted ⭐

Wouldn't bother with this until Summer at the earliest, a new manager announcement could change everything.

He would do a Moyes and try his best to keep Alexis.

Stumped

Let's stop with this. Sanchez was getting booted from Barcelona and we were the best club in for him.

Precisely.

The problem when you sign players from Barca and Real Madrid is they are cast-offs. Not many want to leave them voluntarily.

So what often happens is those players see themselves above their new club and their new team mates. And they get indulged by the club and the fans so they genuinely believe it. Absolute bollocks.

We've had better players than Alexis in the past and if he goes we'll still have a future.

James Bond

Moderation Consultant
Precisely.

The problem when you sign players from Barca and Real Madrid is they are cast-offs. Not many want to leave them voluntarily.

So what often happens is those players see themselves above their new club and their new team mates. And they get indulged by the club and the fans so they genuinely believe it. Absolute bollocks.

We've had better players than Alexis in the past and if he goes we'll still have a future.

Yet Cesc, RVP (and Henry) felt the same way but they weren't cast offs from other/big clubs though...

Look at the bigger picture and you see this is just more of the same with our WC players at AFC under Wenger. I cant get mad at Alexis for coming to the same conclusion many of our best players before him have in that if you want to win you need to leave Arsenal.

He's put in 100% in every game the minute he stepped foot in England, he wants to play every game and hell he even comes back from injury before schedule ffs, so I dont get why so many are trying to paint him as some mug now.

Something needs to change with the club as a "future" where we continue to see every top player we have eventually decide that they need to move on to win isnt a very bright one.

Venice

Berardi :lol::lol:

Trust me, the italian left winger to buy is Bernardeschi. 40 mln euro and he's in London.
Otherwise we could buy Federico Chiesa, Enrico's son. He's 20 and he's better than Bernardeschi.

bingobob

A-M’s Resident Hunskelper
Trusted ⭐

We should ask ourselves what would Sir Alex do? Pretty sure he'd sell Alexis.
I'm fairly certain any major player Ferguson lost was on Fergies terms and not their own.

People keep coming back to this we've had better players before, may be you're trying to comfort yourselves I don't know either way it's missing the bigger picture. Özil and Alexis was meant to represent a new era one where we don't lose our best players anymore. One where we can afford to pay the going rates for top quality and spend sums that we've never been able to spend before. Yet here we are going backwards, yes we've lost better players but we didn't lose RVP or Fabregas after winning silverware and being able afford to keep them.

Rex Stone

Long live the fighters
Trusted ⭐

I'm fairly certain any major player Ferguson lost was on Fergies terms and not their own.

People keep coming back to this we've had better players before, may be you're trying to comfort yourselves I don't know either way it's missing the bigger picture. Özil and Alexis was meant to represent a new era one where we don't lose our best players anymore. One where we can afford to pay the going rates for top quality and spend sums that we've never been able to spend before. Yet here we are going backwards, yes we've lost better players but we didn't lose RVP or Fabregas after winning silverware and being able afford to keep them.

Well in their comparatively lean times he had no problem with selling star players. Moved on van Nistelrooy, Beckham, Keane, Stam and Schmeichel even though they still had lots to contribute.

I think as good as he is the team does come first, if the dressing room really hates his guts, worse than him or not you have to back the team.

bingobob

A-M’s Resident Hunskelper
Trusted ⭐

Well in their comparatively lean times he had no problem with selling star players. Moved on van Nistelrooy, Beckham, Keane, Stam and Schmeichel even though they still had lots to contribute.

I think as good as he is the team does come first, if the dressing room really hates his guts, worse than him or not you have to back the team.
Keane made a rod for his own back and Fergie decided Beckham was more obsessed with his image. Can't think that the others agitated for a move just think Fergie decided they'd be best off moving.

Last edited:

4R5Emaniac

Always fresh from Bangladesh
We should ask ourselves what would Sir Alex do? Pretty sure he'd sell Alexis.
Maybe it wouldn't reach this point in the first place with SAF. Alexis wanting to leave is mostly because we aren't competitive and he wants to win. I'd think SAF would love Alexis tbh.

carlito'sway

Established Member
An other ref screwing up....Giving a non existent penalty to Juve at the 95 th minute vs AC Milan. 2-1 for Juve.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom