• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Alexis Sanchez (Out)

Status
Not open for further replies.

ArtetaCognition

Granit Xhaka Enthusiast

So, how, then would you explain the fact that Messi, Ronaldo and Neymar manage to rack up superior possession scores, rather than negative ones, while doing the same things?

Screen_Shot_2018-01-21_at_10.53.23_PM.png

Working on the presumption that this is a joke as of now - but if not, theres a huge difference between Barca, Madrid and PSG in terms of off the ball movement and overall quality of the team. Alexis was one of two world class players here and often felt he had to do it all himself, hence the inflated stats.

Not to mention that those three players are probably the best in world football - with Messi being the best to ever exist.

krengon

One Arsène Wenger
Trusted ⭐
Working on the presumption that this is a joke as of now - but if not, theres a huge difference between Barca, Madrid and PSG in terms of off the ball movement and overall quality of the team. Alexis was one of two world class players here and often felt he had to do it all himself, hence the inflated stats.

If you look at Sanchez' possession score stats from his time at Barca(or Udinese) I'd bet they are the same as now.. It's just who he is as a player, high risk high reward type.

Trilly

Hates A-M, Saka, Arteta and You
Trusted ⭐

Of course they matter but they matter less than goals, assists, xG, xA, xG chains, successful dribbles. All of which Alexis is either superior, or comfortably superior to Mhki.

There's only about half a dozen players in the world who are at least 75% (or greater) of Alexis' output in those above stats.
Food for thought..

How much of Alexis' output is due to his ultra-risky high tempo playing style? How much could Arsenal as a team potentially benefit from a player who loses the ball much less than Alexis and fits more seamlessly into our side.

I think the gap between Alexis and Mkhi is too large to test this theory but I do think that somebody with 75% of his output without Alexis' negatives would make us better.

tap-in

Nothing Wrong With Me
I won’t even bother anymore. Grew up with United as our most hated rivals but it just makes you unhappy when you invest so much into hating a team who are a level above you.

RVP joined them just before our ‘return to the big time’. Sanchez joining them in what is meant to be the early years of our resurgence and return to top club status just shows that we failed, plain and simple. We’ve acknowledged that as not being worth competing with.

Would rather invest energy in hating Crystal Palace or something.

They havn't finished above us for a while. They may do it this season but this is our worse season for over 30 years. I'll always hate Utd, it comes from my childhood when my best mate was a Utd fan, he hates Arsenal in the same way. Over the years Utd have given me more reasons to hate them, RVP, Alexis, and they also have Mourinho, the most hated manager of all time.

CurryFlavoured

Established Member
I am going to make a bold prediction that many of you will scoff at, but I’m willing to risk the mockery:

Sanchez will flop at United.

Begin the redicule... I can take it.
Stranger things have happened, I wouldn't be super surprised if he can't hit the heights he does here.

But personally, watching Utd lately I see Sanchez taking up Martial's spot on the left, and I sadly think that he'll do really well. Utd need a selfish attacker who demands the ball, they have Lukaku but he falls over his feet half the time.

Trilly

Trusted ⭐

I am going to make a bold prediction that many of you will scoff at, but I’m willing to risk the mockery:

Sanchez will flop at United.

Begin the redicule... I can take it.
I don’t expect it, but it wouldn’t surprise me.

I don’t think he’s world class unless you play him in the middle, the whole Alexis on the left wing thing is tired now.

Or maybe he’s just tired.

celestis

Arsenal-Mania Veteran

Not sure that's true. One of his main weaknesses is being careless with the ball when he is taking on players, and he still completes as many dribbles per game as other wingers you'd say are decent when taking someone on, like Mane and Mahrez.

Stark contrast to Mkhi who looks like a man completely void of confidence. He doesn't even try anymore. Hopefully we see an upswing in form when he joins.

Look at this:

l0gSylU.png

Alexis used to be even more reckless with the ball but he was successful enough to get a pass. He's gotten more conservative with the ball, which is something you typically see players get after playing for Wenger for a bit.

Mkhi on the other hand has just fallen off a cliff. He used to be an exciting hard working offensive player but we've just seen none of that for two years now. He wouldn't be the first player to take a significant dip in performances at that age, so I have my doubts whether he can't ever get back to his Dortmund form.

His first season he was amazing , I remember he got the ball at the edge of the box at Stoke dribbled past several players and somehow missed an open goal . Since then he has subtly dropped off physically culminating in this season . I suspect non stop football has taken it's toll. First season he get's a break is this summer so who knows he might regain his physical prowess.

Trilly

Trusted ⭐

They havn't finished above us for a while. They may do it this season but this is our worse season for over 30 years. I'll always hate Utd, it comes from my childhood when my best mate was a Utd fan, he hates Arsenal in the same way. Over the years Utd have given me more reasons to hate them, RVP, Alexis, and they also have Mourinho, the most hated manager of all time.
I’ve really enjoyed these years we’ve finished above them. The problem is our board haven’t tried to make that the norm, it was always a matter of time. Selling them Sanchez just confirms we don’t see them as rivals anymore.

CurryFlavoured

Established Member
Food for thought..

How much of Alexis' output is due to his ultra-risky high tempo playing style? How much could Arsenal as a team potentially benefit from a player who loses the ball much less than Alexis and fits more seamlessly into our side.

I think the gap between Alexis and Mkhi is too large to test this theory but I do think that somebody with 75% of his output without Alexis' negatives would make us better.
Possibly. But the thing is, even 75% of Alexis' output is like 25-30 goals/assists per season going by his time here. Not an easy feat :lol: The lad was a wrecking ball, Mkh certainly won't get near that.

bingobob

A-M’s Resident Hunskelper
Trusted ⭐

Food for thought..

I think if you look at the gap between two comparable players for us who took the same journey then you'll get an answer to your question.

Rvp leaving left a bigger whole in our squad. Aside from pace and beating a man RVP was better in every department which is why we've never replaced him. I'd like to think with a half decent player brought in without the same negatives aa Alexis we should improve or at least be equal to what we are. Although we will struggle to replace him as a "match winner" if that makes sense.

tap-in

Nothing Wrong With Me
I’ve really enjoyed these years we’ve finished above them. The problem is our board haven’t tried to make that the norm, it was always a matter of time. Selling them Sanchez just confirms we don’t see them as rivals anymore.

Agree our BoD need to wake up but I think it was good business from our side, he would be walking for free in 4 months time. I'd rather he had gone to City but that wasnt an option in the end, and we got Mkhi out of it, which is better than just cashing in.

celestis

Arsenal-Mania Veteran

Food for thought..

If BVB Mkhi think you'll see our chances per game will increase. PEA should be a help.

Trilly

Trusted ⭐

Possibly. But the thing is, even 75% of Alexis' output is like 25-30 goals/assists per season going by his time here. Not an easy feat :lol: The lad was a wrecking ball, Mkh certainly won't get near that.
Really? Didn't he only hit elite numbers last year and in his first season?

Can't remember him nearing 40 goals/assists per season with such regularity.

edit: 28 goals/assists in his first season
25 in his second
and bloody 40 last year.

That's not even including the FA cup. We're ****ed.:lol:

Only silver lining is that he was on pace for about 20 goals/assists this season and that was only after his recent burst.

Last edited:

celestis

Arsenal-Mania Veteran

Think MKH best season the one that got him a transfer was 20 goals 15 assists , pretty sure .

edit 23 goals 15 assists , those are ****ing massive numbers .

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom