• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Alexis Sanchez (Out)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tosker

Does Not Hate Foreigners
I don't want him to flop - but I want him to cause Mourinho a whole ton of problems, and disrupt the dressing room to the very best of his ability

goonerwarsh

Established Member
It's nothing other than a tragedy this. It feels with the Sanchez era that Arsenal have proved themselves to be a club where we can't satisfy top class talents either financially or through sporting ambition. We bought two elite players but failed to capitalise on those purchases. The days of us selling our best players to rivals should be long over now, and that this situation has been allowed to develop to get to this stage is just negligence. Heads should have rolled over this. The way the whole saga has been managed has been awful, and it isn't just this sole case. It stinks of complacency at top level.

Wenger wastes no opportunity to tell everyone how we can't compete at the financial level that other clubs are operating at, which is a perfectly valid argument; however the hypocrisy of that statement is Arsenal have no problem extracting more money out of it's fan base than any other club in world football. This is where I have a massive problem with how we operate. The club are charging Savoy money and providing a Premier Inn service. I don't know why we bothered to move to that corporate sanitised shell of a stadium only to sell our best players to Manchester United. Why the hell did we bother?

Alexis son
1346791413708052.jpg

Juan Matas Beard

Pronouns: dat, guy 🫶
Trusted ⭐

There's huge pressure for him to perform from the get-go. I remember when Rooney at 2013 got his 300k a week contract that he wanted and even that amount was seen as ridiculous for a 28 year old Premier League legend, each elephant first touch or wide shot he made got him slaughtered. World Cup period was mentally tough for him too. That was with having the English press on his side that Alexis won't get, already seen as a mercenary without having kicked the ball because of the freakish money he is on.

It's a case of sink or swim from day one but our fans will be behind him.

A_G

Rice Rice Baby 🎼🎵
Difference is, Rooney already looked like he was on the way down in 12/13 whereas Alexis is still in his prime. I think he'll perform at a high level for United, they're probably only 2 players away from genuinely challenging City next season.

You never know when players form go down... What will work in United disgusting club favor is that Sanchez will have first summer break in years.

Tosker

Does Not Hate Foreigners
You never know when players form go down... What will work in United disgusting club favor is that Sanchez will have first summer break in years.
I see this as a minus, except for the possibility of injury

not taking part in the World Cup won't do his morale any good, and he does have a bit of a tendency to lose condition when he's not training or playing

I see this as a minus, except for the possibility of injury

not taking part in the World Cup won't do his morale any good, and he does have a bit of a tendency to lose condition when he's not training or playing

I really don't think it will affect him. He will be sad in the summer losing out on the world cup but after world cup there is a new season and he fresh start. I think he will be fine mentally.

A_G

Rice Rice Baby 🎼🎵
United will make Alexis' announcement after Arsenal confirm Mkhitaryan first.

:lol: swear someone called this

Mark Tobias

Mr. Agreeable
He was a weird player, always felt like a bit of an outsider and not really someone who bought into the club...more of an employee who was really great at his job but didn't believe in the company.
I'll go one up on that and say he loved his job but not necessarily the company.

Aussie_gunner123

Established Member

United will make Alexis' announcement after Arsenal confirm Mkhitaryan first.

:lol: swear someone called this
If they have come out & said this then they may not be able to announce it for a few days cause I'd imagine it will take us yet another few days to officially announce it hahaha.

Reactions: A_G

CurryFlavoured

Established Member
He was a weird player, always felt like a bit of an outsider and not really someone who bought into the club...more of an employee who was really great at his job but didn't believe in the company.
I kind of get you, but I also don't even know what 'buying into the club' is at Arsenal. I'm not a big fan of our footballing style or the current culture at the club. If the rest of our players are 'buying into' Wenger's vision, then maybe we need a new direction.

If you mean he's not the best team player, then that's fair. He's a lone wolf, but he's a winner. Has supreme confidence in himself but it's part of what makes him so good (and bad at times). He's probably a bit crazy but a sublime footballer who I've loved watching play here.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom