• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Alexis Sanchez (Out)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Slartibartfast

CIES Loyalist
Well I would throw that dictionary away. I asked all my colleagues and they all said the same thing "a tolly is a Willie"

In fact we even have a common joke phrase here since the erection (pun fully intended) of the EToll highways, "E-Toll can suck my Toll-E.... And so can Jacob Zuma"

Haha. I was checking out the "Urban Dictionary" definition. You should see some of those! (None of which have anything to do with either a Willie or a castrated calf.) According to that, in Scotland if you "need a tolly" it means you need to crap. :p

bingobob

A-M’s Resident Hunskelper
Trusted ⭐

Possibly but an unhappy Alexis may not be the best thing to have around. If he really wants out, he wont want to wait another year.
There is that risk but judging by his attitude on the pitch I wouldn't be that worried to be honest.

tap-in

Nothing Wrong With Me
But say we keep him even against his will come September, he doesn't seem the type to let his performance suffer purposefully. He wants to win and has a ridiculous winning mentality. Also if he wants a high contract offer elsewhere it would damage his chances a little

True but I don't think it will come to that because I still think he will be sold this summer. I hope I'm wrong.

Mark Tobias

Mr. Agreeable
Alexis ****s all over Mbappe
Not for long though.... He may now, just edge it. But ina few years Mbappe is likely to be better than most. And there is no denying that Alexis gives the ball away needlessly quite often. Classy player and I love him to bits. Hope to god we do not sell, but he is not a perfect player by any means. His unpredictability can be a huge hinderance to the way our team play. But it is also the key aspect to winning those games when we just can't seem to break down the opposition.

Latymer

Not for long though.... He may now, just edge it. But ina few years Mbappe is likely to be better than most. And there is no denying that Alexis gives the ball away needlessly quite often. Classy player and I love him to bits. Hope to god we do not sell, but he is not a perfect player by any means. His unpredictability can be a huge hinderance to the way our team play. But it is also the key aspect to winning those games when we just can't seem to break down the opposition.

He arrived in England and immediately started tearing the league to shreds

Scores or assists half our goals.
From the wing

Could go on but I'm sure everyone realizes how ridiculous Alexis really is. Think it's a case of downplaying it to feel better if he leaves

Garrincha

Wilf Zaha Aficionado
Trusted ⭐
How many wonderkids go on & exceed what Alexis has achieved both on the pitch & trophy wise?

I like Mbappe now & at the start of the season but the hype is getting ridiculous.

GoonerHart

From the wing

Could go on but I'm sure everyone realizes how ridiculous Alexis really is. Think it's a case of downplaying it to feel better if he leaves

Perhaps but I also think he's got stuff to improve like I think he gave the ball away the most times in the league out of everybody or some ridiculous stat I saw before. Nobody wants to lose him but he's not untouchable either

Mark Tobias

Mr. Agreeable

From the wing

That isn't my point!

No, it isn't a case of downplaying it at all. He is a phenomenal player but he is not perfect and HE DOES give the ball away a lot. In fact this was the first criticism the boss had of him when he first joined. I call it how I see it. I would hate to lose this player but there have been many games where he has frustrated for 99% of the game but still come up with a goal. In fact I would even go so far as to say this wasn't his best season with us in terms of fluidity with the team etc.

Nobody is taking away how great he is.

Latymer

That isn't my point!

No, it isn't a case of downplaying it at all. He is a phenomenal player but he is not perfect and HE DOES give the ball away a lot. In fact this was the first criticism the boss had of him when he first joined. I call it how I see it. I would hate to lose this player but there have been many games where he has frustrated for 99% of the game but still come up with a goal. In fact I would even go so far as to say this wasn't his best season with us in terms of fluidity with the team etc.

Nobody is taking away how great he is.

He does lose the ball alot. He also wins it back alot in dangerous positions and instigates defender mistakes ala Cahill

I don't disagree with the point your making. I disagree with focusing on this one negative attribute when has so many positives.

He deserves better, he's earned it.

HairSprayGooners

My brother posted it ⏩
I agree with Mark, any player is replaceable. Just find someone who can match what he does. Lets be honest last season has been his only exceptional season for us.

The one before he managed 13 goals and 4 assists in the league playing 30 games.

He'll keep getting better, but he rarely showed up in big league games either. Not saying he's not supremely talented but he IS replaceable.

tap-in

Nothing Wrong With Me
Perhaps but I also think he's got stuff to improve like I think he gave the ball away the most times in the league out of everybody or some ridiculous stat I saw before. Nobody wants to lose him but he's not untouchable either

There were similar stats for Suarez at Pool, its because these kind of players are involved in everything. They lose the ball often because they have the ball more often, they basically do more of everything, good and bad, if that makes sense.

4R5Emaniac

Always fresh from Bangladesh
Long enough. Mbappe can't play with his back to goal and as a lone striker yet-Alexis is pretty good at shielding the ball anywhere and its important in the PL-, physically not full mature-Alexis is a bull- and is raw without the ball-Alexis is highly effective in all 4 phases of the game. I expect him to surpass Alexis though. He has unlimited potential of what he is capable of becoming.

James Bond

Moderation Consultant

"Just edge it"? Alexis Sanchez may now just edge being a better player than Mbappe? :lol:

The kid is talented but silly season, hype, and transfer fee quotes are going to ya'll heads.

yybecause

Formerly known as ArsenaLover
Will his body last into his 30s? Keeps playing even when clearly injured.
Also takes extra care of his body in private life. At the extreme level, just as his non stop playing. Think he'll be fine to play at top level at least 5 more years

neimad

Broke the Chilean International goals record tonight with a nice finish tonight against Germany. We need to keep no matter what.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom