• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Alexis Sanchez (Out)

Status
Not open for further replies.

OSBK

Established Member
I cant see man city or any other prem club. My money is on bayern/real or juve.

Real need to buy a expensive forward as its been 2 seasons since they spent silly money on a forward. Can see morata going back to juve but juve will have a fight to keep dybala. Bayern need to replace robben and ribery.

blaise

I am not even bothered with this, he is gone, more important decisions are manager, Ramsey, Wilshere, Gibbs, Özil, new players...

blaise

Him going would be a huge thing, him staying probably means no new player so important decision.

truth_hurts

but Holding’s hair transplant was painless
If we swapped Sanchez for Iaenacho, somebody would set the Emirates on fire!

The board wouldn't dare sanction a move to city.

Dokaka

AM's resident Hammer
If we swapped Sanchez for Iaenacho, somebody would set the Emirates on fire!

The board wouldn't dare sanction a move to city.

Several of your players over the years have gone to direct rivals, including your star player when RVP moved to Man Utd. I don't think your board gives a flying **** about the fans' "feelings" as long as they keep paying top money.

I mean ****, Nasri went to City after his best season in an Arsenal shirt. He was in the PL Team of the Year.

SiMamu

Part time Leeds fan
I think links to Man City are somewhat tenuous, unless they'd be signing him as an Aguero replacement. If it's to play him out wide, he'd encounter the same problems he encountered at Barcelona. And his tendency to drift inside wouldn't suit Guardiola at all. Guardiola likes his wingers to stay on the touchline until the final third. Alexis is already stepping on Özil's toes before the attack has even reached the halfway line.

Juan Matas Beard

Pronouns: dat, guy 🫶
Trusted ⭐

Several of your players over the years have gone to direct rivals, including your star player when RVP moved to Man Utd. I don't think your board gives a flying **** about the fans' "feelings" as long as they keep paying top money.

I mean ****, Nasri went to City after his best season in an Arsenal shirt. He was in the PL Team of the Year.

I don't even think it's about the money either, the money Arsenal received for players like Fabregas and Nasri were larcenies. Fabregas, for instance, leaving for €29m when he was arguably the best midfielder in the world and as you said Nasri having one of his finest seasons, leaving for £20M.

Of course, that may be because of their contract situations but it stems from an overall detachment from the board. And this is what I see is frustrating as they aren't even trying to make the best out of a **** situation by extending their contracts and cashing in double the values they sold for. Ultimately it looks like the same will occur for Sanchez who'll leave for the £30M mark because they simply don't care.

Last edited:

Dokaka

AM's resident Hammer
I don't even think it's about the money either, the money Arsenal received for players like Fabregas and Nasri were larcenies. Fabregas, for instance, leaving for €29m when he was arguably the best midfielder in the world and as you said Nasri having one of his finest seasons, leaving for £20M.

Of course, that may be because of their contract situations but it stems from an overall detachment from the board. And this is what I see is frustrating as they aren't even trying to make the best out of a **** situation by extending their contracts and cashing in double the values they sold for. Ultimately it looks like the same will occur for Sanchez who'll leave for the £30M mark because they simply don't care.

By paying top money, I meant the fans. They have a very passionate fanbase paying the highest ticket prices in Europe, with additional support all over the world. The board will have no reason to listen or care about how they feel until those feelings turn into reduced spending.

I agree with what you said though. I think the Fabregas situation was messy with it being known that he'd only leave for Barca so there was no-one competing and driving up the price.

The fee they got for Nasri was fine; the fact he went to City was weird. It was basically a public admittance of "They're a step above us". Even if that was the case, you'd expect better. Mourinho kicked up a storm over Cech, a benched keeper going to Arsenal. Nasri seemingly just left for City without anyone giving it an extra thought.

Strengthening a rival is obviously bad, but I think the signals a transfer like that sends are much more damaging. You can only let your best players leave to a rival so many times before everyone sees you as second-rate compared to them.

Strengthening a rival is obviously bad, but I think the signals a transfer like that sends are much more damaging. You can only let your best players leave to a rival so many times before everyone sees you as second-rate compared to them.

This is the thing mate. I've been saying it for some time now. Even @Makingtrax try to make this point in its own way.

We are behind City, United and Chelsea in the league. And we are even further behind in Europe. And when we lose players like Fabregas, Persie, Sanchez now and Özil. We know exactly what we are. Very hard to demand us winning the league when we are so far behind.

Hunta

Established Member
Trusted ⭐

£30m? He's off for £50m.

Aevi

Hale End FC
Cheers mate, you're doing God's work.

I like Iheanacho fwiw, the lads a natural goalscorer.
Yeah, I actually wouldn't mind that deal much :lol:

Put the extra cash towards a top winger and we wouldn't really be set back. Iheanacho up front (who I rate), Özil, some winger we have now (we have plenty to choose from, surely one of them is good enough), and some new quality winger wouldn't be too shabby at all.

Kingslayer

Forza Milan
Some choice cuts from the article:

Arsenal have made a sensational move to break the contract stalemate with Alexis Sanchez by offering to make him the highest-paid player in Premier League history on £300,000 a week.

Mesut Özil earns the highest weekly wage at Arsenal with £140,000 — Sanchez earns £130,000 — but the club are fearful of the impact of losing their best player to a major rival, leading to the unprecedented offer. It is believed that a similar offer to Özil, who also has just over a year remaining, is a genuine possibility.

Sanchez is yet to respond to Arsenal’s improved terms but he is understood to be happy in London and has not made up his mind to depart, despite reports in Chilean media earlier this week claiming he is keen on forcing through a move to City.

Sanchez is seeking clarity over whether Wenger himself will sign a new deal to stay next season although his position is not inextricably linked to the Frenchman’s; intriguingly, Chile coach Jorge Sampaoli claimed in an interview yesterday he is keen on a move to England and held talks with Chelsea prior to Antonio Conte’s appointment last year.

Sanchez is also thought to have asked about Arsenal’s transfer plans amid concerns they need to spend big money to compete for the title next season.

http://www.standard.co.uk/sport/foo...e-bank-to-make-him-top-flight-s-a3514531.html

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Top Bottom