• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Aliadiere

Jinn

Established Member
Loan? He can't even play football at the moment. That's the least of his worries.

Loylz

Established Member
Trusted ⭐
USArsenal said:
i think Ali's career at Arsenal is done.. he may play a few matches next year to get his stock a little higher and then be sold... this is the 3rd year in a row he has been hurt for the majority of the season... if you look at it from a purely business standpoint, we have gotten NO return for our money on him... and we most likely never will.... i like the kid.. good skill and good potential, but potential is just that until you turn it into performances at the highest level, which he has not been able to do... its a different story from reserves & U21 to the big time...

as othes have pointed out, he is just too damn thin to NOT get hurt... he needs to put on about 20 pounds of muscle to be able to make it... and thus far, he hasnt been willing to do that.... and his knee just may be too knackered for him to have much of a career.... too bad really....
We never actually paid any money for him. And if you are talking about salary, surely he doesn't get a lot, not more than 20 g's a week :shock:

Loylz

Established Member
Trusted ⭐
Canuck said:
I commend Reyes for the training work he's done in the off season. Luckily he didn't have to go to Euro so he had plenty of time to develop his physical presence, and it has totally paid off for him!
Ali can start now with gym work. Working out his upper body strength, he won't get pushed off the ball as much, so he won't be likely to get as many injuries. He can do this gym work as he can walk in a few weeks and can even run, but can't make any sharp turns. Remember AW saying Pires could run a marathon if he wanted to, but just can't turn himself quickly.

Top Bottom