• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Aliko Dangote - No thanks

duduspace

Emma Lusa said:
Sorry if I caused offense not going to go into what I know or don't or rumors I heard prior to this story coming out, fair to say I don't believe this guy is a lifelong 'Arsenal' fan and don't like the idea of the Club becoming a rich man's plaything.

And the fact that he wants to buy Lady Nina's shares means he is about to take over the club? what exactly makes you think Kroenke and Usmanov will sell out to him?
His getting the shares rather than Kroenke or Usmanov actually helps in guaranteeing multi ownership of the club in the immediate future doesn't it?

AnthonyG

Arse Emeritus
Emma Lusa said:
Sorry if I caused offense not going to go into what I know or don't or rumors I heard prior to this story coming out, fair to say I don't believe this guy is a lifelong 'Arsenal' fan and don't like the idea of the Club becoming a rich man's plaything.
All that's well and good, but please don't over-generalise in future. Thanks.

Let's see if these rumours gather any steam in the next while.

Lord Dula

Established Member
I'm against letting Augustus buy into our club as
much as klaus was against signing chamakh when the rumours first cropped up.

Yes that much.

tactica442

Established Member
Trusted ⭐
Dangote's reach should be not more than the VIP suite of Emirates. That's the fursthest distance he should be allowed.

Being super rich can make you being a fan/aficionado/connoisseur on many things. If I have 10Bn quids in my bank account, I can become a fan from Van Gogh's paintings to wine collection.

banduan

Established Member
I do like the notion of multiple players being owners of the club, rather than one not 100% supportive individual.

lagos

Established Member
Back on topic, I smell the hand of David Dein in this, apparently david Dein sold him his first consignment of Sugar in 1980 and he had been Dein's guest at Arsenal.

"Dangote told THISDAY that his interest had been in the making “for a while”, while his relationship and support for Arsenal dates back “a long time”. “It started in 1980 when I forged a relationship with Mr David Dein, former vice-chairman of the board of Arsenal,” he said, explaining that Dein sold him his first consignment of sugar at the time.

Dangote began watching Arsenal’s matches as Dein’s guest and remained a firm supporter of the club.
“That is when I developed an interest in Arsenal, and when the opportunity presented itself to acquire a stake in the club, I went for it,” he said."

<a class="postlink" href="http://thisdayonline.com/nview.php?id=174027" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://thisdayonline.com/nview.php?id=174027</a>" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Gurgen

Established Member
lagos said:
Gurgen said:
Is this the guy sending me e-mails saying I've won a big prize and all I need to do to get it is transfer €800 to his bank account?

To be honest I am undecided about The Nigerian scam letters. On the one hand they give Nigerians a bad name and the perpertuators are obviously crooks but on the other hand I feel people get what they deserve and here is why: Most of the emails I have seen is based on Nigeria's reputation as a corrupt country with government officials embezzling huge sums that they have stashed away and need help with laudering. So basically someone you don't know from Adam is telling you I have illegitimate money I want you to help me launder in return for which i'll give you a commision. If you accept this, it sounds to me you are willing to engage in a crime yourself so you get what you deserve.

I think anyone who is stupid enough to reply to one of those letters deserves to be scammed.

All power to the Nigerians.

lagos

Established Member
Gurgen said:
All power to the Nigerians.

I take it you mean the "Nigerian scammers" as opposed to "Nigerians" because the average Nigerian is certainly not proud of their activities!

NIPOLOPO

Established Member
Seems it was an utter nonsense after all. I was absolutely baffled by this rumor from the get go, it just didn't make any sense.

Arsenal Quotes

Reyes !!!
Stand up for the Champions!

Martin Tyler's commentary after Jose Antonio Reyes (RIP) scores the winner against Middlesborough

Latest posts

Top Bottom