• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

All or Nothing - Mikel Arteta ( and Arsenal ) - Amazon Prime

Which one?

• All

Votes: 11 19.0%
  • Nothing

Votes: 47 81.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

razörist

Soft With The Ladies, Hard With The Mes

Just finished off the the new episodes.

I really want to go rewatch the city and Sp**s one now. I don't remember them being so heavy on manager interviews all the conversations with the players eating seems more staged after the fact than fly on the wall.

Remember the Sp**s players talking about eriksen leaving and it seemed honest.

Holding in episode 4 chatting about Auba seemed like a script.

This thread should be called Mikel Arteta: All or Nothing
Yeah that conversation with Holding was as real as Kim K’s ass

Barry

Definitely Not An Old Poster
The narrative on here that some people have been pushing about Arteta has always been ridiculous. We've been complaining about the rotten culture of the club for years but when we have a manager who says "no" and holds our top players to account to build a performance culture he gets ridiculed.

I've maintained that we can do better than Arteta and that he shouldn't get a free pass, but equally Özil, Aubameyang, etc have responsibilities. They accept enormous contracts and are expected to perform and be professional. No problem with that.

DanDare

Emoji Merchant and Believer-In-Chief
Trusted ⭐

Player:Saliba
Arteta is coming across as very good in this series. Intense but also likeable. How much of that is by design only Amazon can say. They do seem to have given Mikel an easy ride.
Auba comes across as a super villain.

Tbh that's how all the players talk about him. Intense but they like him

DanDare

Emoji Merchant and Believer-In-Chief
Trusted ⭐

Player:Saliba
Not sure what the doc showed, but he was paid atleast 7 million.

I dunno, Richard Garlick seemed to agree a deal on the phone to the Barca rep where Arsenal terminated his contract and Barca paid all his wages for 18 months

Macho

In search of Pure Profit 💸
Dusted 🔻

I dunno, Richard Garlick seemed to agree a deal on the phone to the Barca rep where Arsenal terminated his contract and Barca paid all his wages for 18 months

Himad M: The Times says we paid off Auba £7 million. But The Athletic said we saved £27 million. Who says the truth?

Hi Himad. We did not report that Arsenal had saved £27 million — that was an estimated figure, based on his reported salary of around £350,000 per week, that could be saved if Arsenal were able to remove him from the wage bill entirely.

Of course, that outcome was never especially likely, particularly given Barcelona’s financial situation. The Athletic understands the Aubameyang termination has similarities with Mesut Özil’s departure 12 months ago. Arsenal will contribute towards Aubameyang’s pay packet until the summer, via a series of instalments rather than a lump sum. Barcelona will pay a proportion, while the player has also agreed to sacrifice some of his potential earnings. In answer to your question, Himad, we’re not aware of the precise split between the three parties.

Come the summer, Barcelona will take over full responsibility for Aubameyang’s earnings, via a contract that runs until 2025 (with a break clause in 2023). Although Barcelona’s contribution will then increase, his overall salary will be lower than what he was due to earn at Arsenal, albeit potentially over a longer term.

This should apply to players who get arrested tbh, but I guess it's only if you're late on a certain salary. I enjoyed the doc at first but looks like it's mostly junk like many initially expected.

sykesy69

Quite rich to see Arteta, Edu and Garlick given so much time over the Auba situation hence subconciously portraying him as a slouch and disruptor, while not even a second was given (allowed) to Auba to give his take on the matter.
Auba didn't exactly look like he was too bothered by his behaviour tbf.

sykesy69

It was a mutual consent termination, which generally means a deal where both parties are happy with the outcome meaning a compromise was had rather than a straight termination.

Dokaka

AM's resident Hammer
Finished the newest episodes, enjoying it so far. Xhaka, Saka and Martinelli come across as very likeable. Lacazette seems like a man who has one foot into retirement as a footballer, but really enjoys the social aspect of being part of a team.

Regarding Arteta and Auba, I didn't really learn anything new, everything was quite expected. Massive clash of personalities + Auba's historical problems with punctuality clearly ruined the working relationship between the two. I did enjoy/respect the honesty from Edu etc in regards to how difficult it was to support Arteta during this.

Bit of a white wash on the January transfer window though. All the focus was on Auba going out and it being touted as a big success story, which I guess it was to an extent, but they completely ignored failed attempt to get players in. No mention of Vlahovic as an example, barely mentions of the other players going out except for like one line from the narrator.

albakos

Arséne Wenger: "I will miss you"
Administrator

Player:Saka
Auba didn't exactly look like he was too bothered by his behaviour tbf.
And how you conclude that? By using the famed "body language" method?

Because other than that, Auba wasn't given a chance to describe what happened, nor there have been any clips of personal chats (which surely must have taken place) like those we see with Arteta with many players, Albert & ESR, Steve Round & Laca, Carlos & Nuno/White etc....

Blood on the Tracks

AG's best friend, role model and mentor.
Trusted ⭐

Player:Rice
I tried watching a couple of episodes last night. It's well made and everything but it's too slick / sanitized for me.

I imagine if you're not really a football fan it's probably a very entertaining watch though :lol:

I've got very little interest in games / build up etc. we all know what happened. Give me a 2 hour documentary just following the lives of Saka, Tavares, Ramsdale, KT, Xhaka etc and I'd find it much more entertaining and informative I think.

sykesy69

And how you conclude that? By using the famed "body language" method?

Because other than that, Auba wasn't given a chance to describe what happened, nor there have been any clips of personal chats (which surely must have taken place) like those we see with Arteta with many players, Albert & ESR, Steve Round & Laca, Carlos & Nuno/White etc....
Even that convo he had with Laca through his car window showed no contrition, so just that coupled with his prior actions.

If he actually cared, there wouldn't be a dossier of evidence of your misdemeanours.

Moah

As someone else said, this is basically Mikel Arteta: All or Nothing.

If Arsenal themselves made a documentary it would be this. There is no neutrality about anything yet. How is Auba not given at least a minute to explain his side of the story?

Its like watching a feel good, rose-tinted soap opera.

Gunners1616

Very suspicious that they didn't interview Auba'. Maybe he refused.

Would have been interesting to hear his explanation for coming back late. Maybe he had a valid reason.

OnlyOne

‘Donkeys don’t have a peak, they remain useless’
Trusted ⭐

Always find it hilarious when players say Mikel is a tactical genius.

Explain the league finishes and cup exits then. :lol:

You have a lot to say for someone who only's only insight to Arsenal is through 2% of what he watches and reads on the internet. Why don't you shut and stay in your lane?

Latest posts+

Top Bottom