• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

All or Nothing - Mikel Arteta ( and Arsenal ) - Amazon Prime

Which one?

• All

Votes: 11 19.0%
  • Nothing

Votes: 47 81.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

boonthegoon

Arteta In by November

Player:Ødegaard
Painful ending but great watch.
Now everyone will see what I always knew, what a brilliant and fantastic leader and character Xhaka is.

In my opinion, biggest stock rises as a result of the documentary:

Arteta
Xhaka
Josh Kroenke
Edu
Garlick
Saka
Ramsdale
Nketiah
All coaching staff featured

Stock decreases:
Auba
Laca
Lokonga
Holding

Holding was asked why he’s always so happy all the time and his response was “I get paid loads of money to play football”. Not too long after costing us the derby too. What a git.
I feel Ødegaard stock decreased too. Man doesn't open his mouth at all. I don't know if they didn't show it purposefully or something.

Entropics

Established Member

Player:Saka
Last 2 episodes were meh, barely any interesting features (Holding, Nketiah a bit) and just the highlights of the games and team talks mostly. Highlight was definitely mentioned somewhere, Arteta shouting at Nuno if he wanted to play CL only for him to play CL while Arteta doesn't, there was nothing else though. It felt like the club had nothing else to show, yeah we bottled it, we move on, let's finish this documentary.

The Laca and Cedric fight was literally nothing, your pseudo mystery of if Holding was instructed to do that vs Sp**s isn't solved (as if you didn't already know how he normally defends) and in the end during the tough period of losses Xhaka ends up looking poorly. He's the only one featured shouting in the dressing room but his words are hollow, a mere echo of whatever waffle Arteta was saying, just as uninspiring.

The ending was incredibly underwhelming, as soon as people start trying to reason it as a successful season we very quickly go through a little highlights montage to finish the series, it was probably the right decision but it looked downright amateurish. The City one obviously has a better way to end because of results, but the Sp**s one wasn't this botched (probably because it has an extra episode)

Overall it gets a 5/10, not something I'd recommend to anyone who wasn't an Arsenal or PL fan already. It's better than the City one at least because it has some actual drama, and because Mendy was featured a bit too much in that one lol.

SA Gunner

Hates Tierney And Wants Him Sold Immediately

Player:Nketiah
I feel Ødegaard stock decreased too. Man doesn't open his mouth at all. I don't know if they didn't show it purposefully or something.

Xhaka is the true captain of our team. I like Ødegaard yes but like Tierney he is far too quiet to be our captain. But, in Martin's defense, he is an absolute soldier on the field of play and I appreciate that. I do think Martin will grow into the role with time.

SA Gunner

My initial thoughts on the show are that it was respectable showing.

I really like the presentation overall, for the level it was pitched at. Namely, not too technical, more for casual watchers like our family members who dont follow the game at the level we do.

I really liked Xhaka throughout the show, and in addition to his improved contributions on the field, did he really come across well behind the scenes. Of course there is the element of the cameras, but what makes me believe this is the real Xhaka is how he behaved and continues to behave on the pitch. You can see he is our leader.

Our boys are a team now, but they are still young too. Its important that we continue to add to this group and keep them together. Yes it could be all for the cameras, but I believe there is something there.

Arteta came across looking good as well. Yes, the show is focused on him for large parts (a bit less in the last two episodes IMO), but I think he recognises his limitations and is working on them, in addition to building his experience as a coach. But the good foundations are there and Im happy that he continues with us.

I also liked the fact that we didnt run away from the Sp**s performance. We showed our loss in detail and that was good IMO. What the series does excellently beyond that game is show that it was us who lost fourth, not Sp**s who had some Conte magic to overtake us. Credit goes to Antonio of course... but it was US, at Newcastle who threw it away.

A bit of a mouthful, Im sure some more will come as more sees the end of the show.

A little more than @fabo would rate, I'd say a 7/10 series.

SA Gunner

Weird they didn't show half time or full time team talk of the Southampton defeat. Guessing it was very bad.

Didnt notice that actually, interesting observation.

I must say that I was impressed with Arteta after the Brighton defeat. He didnt go after the boys, instead choosing to save his remarks for when he was more sober minded. Not so after Newcastle away though, but that was probably the moment where it was over.

Taneruit

Established Member

Player:Zinchenko
For all the talk about how we have multiple leaders, I think it was vital that Jesus and Zinchenko joined the team now as well. Imagine both are louder voices in the dressing room.

Xhaka's also doing huddle speeches now.

Flying Okapis

Most Well-Known Member
Just finished the lot.

5/10 for me, its good to see a lot of Arteta and some of the players but its also very vanilla.

Loses a lot of 'points' for me as not enough players say anything of note, you get the English and Arteta talking a lot but you barely hear from anyone else and when they do speak they're not really saying much.

In my opinion there were a lot of players who chose to stay quiet, when theres chats going on etc they kind of just sit there awkwardly in silence void of personality, you cant force them to say anything or fake it but its quite disappointing to see from some of them as you dont get to know them or connect.

Even subtitled talk would have been nice if the language barrier was an issue.

Ødegaard being club captain and saying nothing is a strange choice.

Flying Okapis

Most Well-Known Member
For all the talk about how we have multiple leaders, I think it was vital that Jesus and Zinchenko joined the team now as well. Imagine both are louder voices in the dressing room.

Xhaka's also doing huddle speeches now.

I'm torn on this, I get the feeling because players are so media trained/drilled these days they opt to say nothing so they dont offend or say the wrong thing.

Surely they cannot all be that quiet, there was literally an episode on ESR being 'shy' but he said far more than the majority of them.

There may have even been an option before filming started that they can opt out of speaking on camera.

Something feels pretty off and I find it difficult to believe none of them talk, Arteta is vibing and saying they are a 'team' etc but from them 8 episodes the majority appear like a bunch of nerds who are socially awkward and cant hold conversation or eye contact.

I sway to that they just chose not too speak.

Tir Na Nog

Changes Opinion Every 5 Minutes

I'm torn on this, I get the feeling because players are so media trained/drilled these days they opt to say nothing so they dont offend or say the wrong thing.

Surely they cannot all be that quiet, there was literally an episode on ESR being 'shy' but he said far more than the majority of them.

There may have even been an option before filming started that they can opt out of speaking on camera.

Something feels pretty off and I find it difficult to believe none of them talk, Arteta is vibing and saying they are a 'team' etc but from them 8 episodes the majority appear like a bunch of nerds who are socially awkward and cant hold conversation or eye contact.

I sway to that they just chose not too speak.

It's very hard to gauge but from this they all seemed like school children apart from maybe Ramsdale and Xhaka who always seemed to have a lot to say, the rest seemed to keep quiet and wait for the manager to say something. That's just what it appeared like to me, now in fairness I kinda had this opinion prior to the documentary so that may skew how I view things. Even guys like Laca were a lot quieter than I thought they'd be.

I'm not saying any of this is bad, but I bet if you did a documentary around 2001-2005 of or team the atmosphere and personalities would be a lot different.

BergMan

Betrayed by Xhaka
The dressing room conversations are not faked. By the end they probably forgot that the cameras were rolling. Although they obviously don’t show everything that goes on.
After wins we saw some happy celebrations, after losses they are very upset. Ranting and blaming after a defeat achieves nothing. And Arteta is like the headmaster, nobody talks when he’s talking, it’s all about respect and that’s how it should be.

Xhaka only made comments before the games and during halftime to galvanise the team, he showed great leadership. He avoids speaking after the game, he knows the room, even if he’s clearly angry as seen post Newcastle.
Ramsdale on the other hand was more or less ranting and blaming after games, that was not leadership, it’s not helpful at that point.

Macho

In search of Pure Profit 💸
Dusted 🔻

Saka and the kid oh my god

Mr T Crying GIF

lomekian

Essays are my thing
Painful ending but great watch.
Now everyone will see what I always knew, what a brilliant and fantastic leader and character Xhaka is.

In my opinion, biggest stock rises as a result of the documentary:

Arteta
Xhaka
Josh Kroenke
Edu
Garlick
Saka
Ramsdale
Nketiah
All coaching staff featured

Stock decreases:
Auba
Laca
Lokonga
Holding

Holding was asked why he’s always so happy all the time and his response was “I get paid loads of money to play football”. Not too long after costing us the derby too. What a git.
Would include White in 'stock rising' too - comes across really well, people raving about his training, his potential and leadership - one of the few willing to chime in when Arteta tries to do teaching moments. Big Mo also comes across well - knows exactly what his role is but is always generous with his energy to others, really part of the 'team'.

Pepe, bless him, seems to basically only speak to Laca, and is either struggling with language still, extremely shy or checked out mentally some time ago, because he seems so much on the fringes of all the interaction, whether dressing room or elsewhere. There were a couple of post match dressing room clips and win or lose he looks like a lost tourist trying to find a ticket machine rather than part of the squad. I know he had trouble integrating in season one, and don't blame him at all for feeling on the outside of things late last season, but I think he must be shy or something because the guy is like a ghost in every bit of video. Makes me feel sorry for him.

Top Bottom