• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

All or Nothing - Mikel Arteta ( and Arsenal ) - Amazon Prime

Which one?

• All

Votes: 11 19.0%
  • Nothing

Votes: 47 81.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
D

Deleted member 102404

Honestly, I don't blame players for doing what's best for them. I may not like which club they choose to go to and that's my entitlement as a fan, but seeing how clubs vilify players and cast them off like day old rubbish.

Get your paper, boys. Auba won Arteta his only trophy in football and without that I think fan sentiment towards him would have been a lot worse. Yet he gets lambasted in the media from pillar to post. Shameful.

Very disrespectful to our players to suggest Auba won us the FA Cup. He didn’t even play until the semi final.

The manager and the whole team won that cup and if anything it was Arteta’s tactics that enabled us to win the semi final and final.

One could as easily say that Arteta won Auba the only trophy he ever won at Arsenal. Auba never even got us top 4.

jones

Captain Serious
Trusted ⭐
Very disrespectful to our players to suggest Arteta won us the FA Cup. He didn’t even manage until the semi final.

The Auba and the whole team won that cup and if anything it was Auba’s goals that enabled us to win the semi final and final.

One could as easily say that Auba won Arteta the only trophy he ever won at Arsenal. Arteta never even got us top 4.

D

Deleted member 102404

Arteta managed all our FA Cup wins in the run that year. 6 matches.
Aubameyang was not involved in getting us to the semi final.
He played excellent in the semi final and final, helped by some brilliant tactics to stifle and hit City on the break in the semi final and again in the final against Chelsea.
It is what it is.
The claim that Auba won us the FA Cup on his own doesn’t really make any sense. He played an important part for sure, but that is as far as it goes.

jones

Captain Serious
Trusted ⭐
Arteta managed all our FA Cup wins in the run that year. 6 matches.
Aubameyang was not involved in getting us to the semi final.
He played excellent in the semi final and final, helped by some brilliant tactics to stifle and hit City on the break in the semi final and again in the final against Chelsea.
It is what it is.
The claim that Auba won us the FA Cup on his own doesn’t really make any sense. He played an important part for sure, but that is as far as it goes.
We played lower league sides mostly if not exclusively before the semis.
Why haven't we seen Arteta's brilliant tactics to stifle City since? Should be easy to replicate seeing how he's not been burdened with Auba for a minute now.

D

Deleted member 102404

We played lower league sides mostly if not exclusively before the semis.
Why haven't we seen Arteta's brilliant tactics to stifle City since? Should be easy to replicate seeing how he's not been burdened with Auba for a minute now.
Doesn’t matter who we played. You have to win those games to even make it to a semi final and we’ve seen that is not always done. It’s ludicrous to suggest one player won us the cup when that player didn’t even play until the semi final.
Like I said, disrespectful to the players that got us through those early rounds and the other players who played in the semi final and final, not least of which the defence in both games , who were excellent.

The ‘Auba won us the FA cup’ line is just another vacuous talking point to bash our manager with. He helped us to win the FA Cup and was indeed excellent in the semi final and final. That’s it. But no amount of talking points can take away the excellent achievement by our manager in his first year to lift that trophy.

jones

Captain Serious
Trusted ⭐
Doesn’t matter who we played. You have to win those games to even make it to a semi final and we’ve seen that is not always done. It’s ludicrous to suggest one player won us the cup when that player didn’t even play until the semi final.
Like I said, disrespectful to the players that got us through those early rounds and the other players who played in the semi final and final, not least of which the defence in both games , who were excellent.

The ‘Auba won us the FA cup’ line is just another vacuous talking point to bash our manager with. He helped us to win the FA Cup and was indeed excellent in the semi final and final. That’s it. But no amount of talking points can take away the excellent achievement by our manager in his first year to lift that trophy.
You've said all that like four times on this page alone already.
Why hasn't Arteta even remotely been able to replicate that success without Auba so far, despite all the funding in the world?

D

Deleted member 102404

You've said all that like four times on this page alone already.
Why hasn't Arteta even remotely been able to replicate that success without Auba so far, despite all the funding in the world?
Yes, because you kept trying to change the point.
As for replicating successes, you don’t win FA Cups every year. Even in our excellent recent history (since Wenger arrived) in the competition, we’ve won it about every 3-4 yrs.
same question can be thrown back at you too… why didn’t Auba win it for us every year he was here ? He couldn’t win it all on his own under Wenger or Emery, in fact he couldn’t even get us top4 in any season he was here. You know why? It’s because it is incredibly rare for a player to win things all on their own. If it has ever happened, you need to look at true exceptions like Maradona in 86 - and even then it would be debatable.

Last edited by a moderator:

2Smokeyy

5.0 ⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️ (49)
Trusted ⭐

I thought that was already out there? His mum was sick and he was genuinely worried about her - its why the club let him go when normally no player would be allowed to go so close to a game. The only issue was he came back the morning after he said he would, missing the pre-match training session, and apparently hadn't told anyone the night before that this would happen.

I think on a human level, Auba's 'crime' was entirely understandable, and very relatable, but equally if you've been given allowances to do something unusual, at least drop a bloody text or an explanation in advance if you are going to be back the day after. For a first offence, this would probably be a little fine.

Also, if Auba was on £350k a week, and kept being late, I wonder how much they saved on fines? Maybe his 'payoff' was just all his late fines 🤔 ;)

It wasn’t confirmed on the documentary which would have made more fans side with him tbf but it’s a bit hard to judge the player when mentally we don’t know what he was going through at that particular time especially with his mother being sick. Personally, football or coming on time would be the least of my concerns in that situation as my mind would be scattered all over the place. In those tough situations, that’s when support is needed not to be exiled.

I think the whole thing was blown out of proportion and could have easily been resolved as this “lateness” stuff has clearly been ongoing for a while now (if this dossier is the truth) but there was no mention of any fallouts when Auba was on form, the lateness was scrutinised as soon as he had a rough patch which makes me think it was more of an excuse for Arteta to get rid at the first opportunity.

In terms of him travelling to Barcelona to secure that move on deadline day, I agree I wasn’t a fan of how he conducted himself however he wasn’t going to play as the relationship between him and Arteta was irreparable + it was a good opportunity to play for a team competing in Europe and in the La Liga which I remember back in 2016 he mentioned in an interview that he promised his late grandfather that he’d play there due to his family growing up in Spain (Ávila). Auba also doesn’t seem like the type of player to sit around and waste his career on the bench which you have to respect. Many on here criticised Özil for lacking ambition and going down that route, so I do see where he was coming from but I agree, it could have been done more professionally.

albakos

Arséne Wenger: "I will miss you"
Administrator

Player:Saka
Very disrespectful to our players to suggest Auba won us the FA Cup. He didn’t even play until the semi final.

The manager and the whole team won that cup and if anything it was Arteta’s tactics that enabled us to win the semi final and final.

One could as easily say that Arteta won Auba the only trophy he ever won at Arsenal. Auba never even got us top 4.
:lol: :lol:

You're funny

11941432-6893809-image-a-68_1554561436467.jpg

A_G

Rice Rice Baby 🎼🎵
A-M CL Draft Campeón 🏆
That was at home, video showed an away changing room. Maybe it was Sunderland?
That was against Nottingham Forest.

He lost his voice against Leeds tbf, when he told Balogun “when you lose the ball, you run”.

BergMan

Betrayed by Xhaka
That was against Nottingham Forest.

He lost his voice against Leeds tbf, when he told Balogun “when you lose the ball, you run”.

So they went back and forth in time then. It followed the Everton game, which was the end of episode 3. Leeds efl cup was a while before that (yeah it was a home dressing room).

Edit: I don’t think it was Leeds it must’ve been Sunderland, which Balogun started and was subbed.
They then followed it up with Southampton, which was before this Sunderland game, so the time jump still applies.

Reactions: A_G
D

Deleted member 102404

Honestly there is way too much of pitting player against player, player against manager as if there has to be a hero and villain of the piece, within our own team. Just wish, probably forlornly, that everything didn’t have to be so black and white.

That year winning the FA Cup was a great achievement in which Auba played a blinder in the semi final and final and our 3 at the back formation stifled City and Chelsea. It was as always a collective achievement by the team.

BaZZe

Always Blaming Refs

Interesting hearing from Holding that the players know as little as us when it comes to transfers in and out of the club.

GunnerUK

Really enjoying the documentary. Very clear Arteta has the respect of the dressing room and has something special about him.

Improvement is Imperative this season though anything less then top 4 is not good enough. The squad is Capable now there is no denying that. We’ve spent over £200mil over 2 seasons so we can’t even say the owners are not backing us.

Every ingredient is there to push on and challenge for 3rd and 4th. All comes down to Mentality and management.

Farzad Stoned

Self-appointed Deprogrammer for the Cult of Mik 🟥

Player:Havertz
I think it's already been said but really liked what Henry was saying about what the club represents. And I think it's something which separates this club from a lot of clubs. A lot of times people talk about what makes their club special without really saying anything, but what Henry said really rings true, we played what was it 9 black players and were the first club to do so, first club to play an all foreign team, both these things made us loved and hated and it's something which separated us at the time but also still why a lot of people love the club.

For me what Henry was saying was the best part of the series thus far.
Yes Henry hit it on the head we are a special club. Although I refuse to watch that nonsense show. That and sexy football, well at least sexy football in the past now we are Bolton South.

Latest posts+

Top Bottom