• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

All or Nothing - Mikel Arteta ( and Arsenal ) - Amazon Prime

Which one?

• All

Votes: 11 19.0%
  • Nothing

Votes: 47 81.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

RWB

Player:Saliba
Very disrespectful to our players to suggest Auba won us the FA Cup. He didn’t even play until the semi final.

The manager and the whole team won that cup and if anything it was Arteta’s tactics that enabled us to win the semi final and final.

One could as easily say that Arteta won Auba the only trophy he ever won at Arsenal. Auba never even got us top 4.

Yeah, it was for sure a team effort. That strange tactic with 3 atb and overloading the left side really worked wonders. If anything it was that whole left hand side with Tierney at wide attacking LCB, AMN at inverted LWB and Auba at LW that won us the FA cup. Very nice system. But it didn’t work in the long run when the opponents started to figure out what we were doing… but feels like our current squad would be well suited for that setup if we would need it, with Zinchenko replacing AMN and Martinelli replacing Auba.

MartiSaka

Join my "Occupy A-M" movement here 🗳
My take on arteta from the series. He is tactically knowledgeable but still developing on the softer side of things. Very intense and not personable like say an ancellotti is. IMO still doesn't appear comfortable around the players socially, probably has trouble building personal relationships with them (which may or may not be a good thing anyway) but the players definitely respect him.

His intensity can have a negative effect on players in situations like Liverpool away, where he built up the anfield thing too much in his pre-match speech and instilled stress/anxiety within the players. The thing that he deserves credit for, however, was when he completely pivoted in the Liverpool at home game where he kept the mood really light and positive. It's obvious he is self aware of the stress he created ( or has the right people around him) and was able to change it between the games. This is a good sign. It will be interesting to see the vibes he was transmitting and atmosphere he created in the last few games of the season where we blew it.

SA Gunner

Hates Tierney And Wants Him Sold Immediately

Player:Nketiah
My take on arteta from the series. He is tactically knowledgeable but still developing on the softer side of things. Very intense and not personable like say an ancellotti is. IMO still doesn't appear comfortable around the players socially, probably has trouble building personal relationships with them (which may or may not be a good thing anyway) but the players definitely respect him.

His intensity can have a negative effect on players in situations like Liverpool away, where he built up the anfield thing too much in his pre-match speech and instilled stress/anxiety within the players. The thing that he deserves credit for, however, was when he completely pivoted in the Liverpool at home game where he kept the mood really light and positive. It's obvious he is self aware of the stress he created ( or has the right people around him) and was able to change it between the games. This is a good sign. It will be interesting to see the vibes he was transmitting and atmosphere he created in the last few games of the season where we blew it.

Good posting.

I personally am interested in his talks before Sp**s away, because that’s the game where we saw Holding get sent off for aggressive behavior and actions against Son. I suspect that sort of fired up behavior came directly from Arteta, his team talks and planning. The latter which we probably won’t see.

squallman

Still Pining for Wenger
And it worked great for Wenger when he had great pros running the dressing room, but by his last few years it was a **** show. Several ex players have commented on it.

Also, Auba had already been dropped for a NLD for rocking up late when captain, which wouldn't have been for a first offence. And assuming that Arteta wouldn't have had a chat with him on several occasions is some next level stupid bias, particularly as we see him having a training pitch with Laca telling him he's got to set the example re on pitch stuff they are working on.

Ehh I disagree on it turning into a **** show in Wenger's last few years. We lost football matches but I don't think the dressing room turned against him. Those same pelters lost several games for Emery and Arteta as well.

I'm not saying Arteta didn't have a chat with him in private or at least that isn't what I meant. I meant Arteta should have only addressed it in those private chats and didn't say anything to the media about it.

Keep up a United front to any outsiders, always.

Riou

In The Winchester, Waiting For This To Blow Over

Player:Gabriel
Might watch up to his team talk away to Sp**s, see exactly if he is to blame for Holding's red...then stop there :lol:

Hopefully he learns the difference between how to act in home and away games after this, big difference in how to play them.

At home, is hyper-ness on the touchline is exactly what you need...you want your players pressing and the fans engaged, get on top of the away team...what he does helps that greatly.

But when away, you need the opposite...a more calm approach, to quiet the crowd...he should watch the Pool match, and see how he lost us that game.

Enjoyed this more than I though, bar the Auba stuff...lots the club could learn watching it back too.

lomekian

Essays are my thing
Ehh I disagree on it turning into a **** show in Wenger's last few years. We lost football matches but I don't think the dressing room turned against him. Those same pelters lost several games for Emery and Arteta as well.

I'm not saying Arteta didn't have a chat with him in private or at least that isn't what I meant. I meant Arteta should have only addressed it in those private chats and didn't say anything to the media about it.

Keep up a United front to any outsiders, always.
I didn't mean the dressing room turned against Wenger. Anything but.

If anything the problem was the opposite - he was too lenient - the players loved him, but the standards of professionalism slipped. At both Monaco and when he came to Arsenal, he had really strong characters leading the dressing room - people you wouldn't F with, but that got eroded over time, as both they and those they passed that onto either retired or left the club. By the last couple of years for Wenger, there were frequently stories of players taking the piss, a lack of on pitch discipline, and it was clear to everyone standards slipped.
I mean, we can see what a lack of authority when the mix of players isn't right has done to Utd.

Arteta's made it clear several timed an in several ways that he saw standards slip, and he wasn't prepared to put up with that nonsense continuing - the non-negotiables came out quickly. His absolute priority was to restore what he saw as the culture of the club, particularly with young talent coming through. So when the captain and star player keeps taking the piss, even if not major things individually - there was always going to be a fundamental incompatibility.

Tir Na Nog

Changes Opinion Every 5 Minutes

Who is this guy? He seems like someone I'd **** with

But yeah that's hilarious, I haven't watched this episode yet tho so I'm gonna have to watch it now just for that. Don't wanna be harsh but I don't really see much with that Steve Round guy, every other coach I can see what they do and their role but Round just seems like we needed a British coach in there so we picked him. Then again the documentary hasn't been great at showcasing stuff like that so I'm probably being harsh on the guy.

squallman

Still Pining for Wenger

If anything the problem was the opposite - he was too lenient - the players loved him, but the standards of professionalism slipped. At both Monaco and when he came to Arsenal, he had really strong characters leading the dressing room - people you wouldn't F with, but that got eroded over time, as both they and those they passed that onto either retired or left the club. By the last couple of years for Wenger, there were frequently stories of players taking the piss, a lack of on pitch discipline, and it was clear to everyone standards slipped.
I mean, we can see what a lack of authority when the mix of players isn't right has done to Utd.

Arteta's made it clear several timed an in several ways that he saw standards slip, and he wasn't prepared to put up with that nonsense continuing - the non-negotiables came out quickly. His absolute priority was to restore what he saw as the culture of the club, particularly with young talent coming through. So when the captain and star player keeps taking the piss, even if not major things individually - there was always going to be a fundamental incompatibility.

Arteta can have his non negotiable but he never applies them consistently.

Willian took the piss on the pitch, went to Abu Dhabi and came back late yet remained with no reprimand.

Pepe does something silly in a game and gets a red card, Arteta rips him after the game. Xhaka in the very next game gets a red and Arteta protects him.

I feel like once you're one of Arteta's pets you can do whatever you want. Other players now? Non negotiables and culture. Rotten man management. Apply the rules to all (except where you're absolute star players are concerned) or don't apply them at all.

At the end of the day, the club had a bunch of mediocre to bad players and that's why we dropped. Chelsea players frequently took the piss out of managers and got them sacked, but they kept on winning. Why? Because they were world class. Real Madrid is the biggest circus in football but they keep on winning.

Blankety Blank

emoji merchant

Willian took the piss on the pitch, went to Abu Dhabi and came back late yet remained with no reprimand.

Pepe does something silly in a game and gets a red card, Arteta rips him after the game. Xhaka in the very next game gets a red and Arteta protects him.

I feel like once you're one of Arteta's pets you can do whatever you want. Other players now? Non negotiables and culture. Rotten man management. Apply the rules to all (except where you're absolute star players are concerned) or don't apply them at all.

At the end of the day, the club had a bunch of mediocre to bad players and that's why we dropped. Chelsea players frequently took the piss out of managers and got them sacked, but they kept on winning. Why? Because they were world class. Real Madrid is the biggest circus in football but they keep on winning.
1/ maybe correct but we don't know the inner workings. Sure Willian was reprimanded but likely his 1st offence.
Loved Auba but he obviously fcuked up more than once & as skipper should be held to a higher standard anyway.

2/ Yes exactly why we dropped the squad was an absolutely bloated shambles full of mediocrity or overpaid players who were not performing close to their pay level.

BergMan

Betrayed by Xhaka
So they will cover the 3-0 Palace defeat all the way till the end of the season in these final 2 episodes?
They must have filmed so much, really not happy that they rushed the production like this.

D

Deleted member 102404

I think it’s repeated violations that are not tolerated and the ‘non negotiables’ do not extend to genuine mistakes on the pitch. I don’t remember Pepe getting reprimanded publicly for his red card? Maybe he did… have you got a link?

Melquiades

Exactly.

From the time he arrived through when the Invincibles dwindled out of the team in the late 2000s this team had a ridiculously strong leadership group. And Wenger's light touch fit that perfectly, as the culture and professionalism of the team basically controlled itself internally. I sure as hell wouldn't want to look Thierry Henry in the eye if I showed up late for training or half-assed it in drills, and I think his departure in 2007 was huge.

As the team moved into the 2010s, that really changed and the next leadership groups were simply not as strong, not as professional. And things did start to slip.

squallman

Still Pining for Wenger
I think it’s repeated violations that are not tolerated and the ‘non negotiables’ do not extend to genuine mistakes on the pitch. I don’t remember Pepe getting reprimanded publicly for his red card? Maybe he did… have you got a link?

Asked whether Pepe should apologise, Arteta said: "That depends on the player. It is unacceptable. I will deal with the player.

"On those moments, you can use the excuse that someone has thrown the game away, or you can react and show resilience, ambition and character and belief that you can still win the football match, and that's what the team did tonight.

"They suffer together, and they hope and they have belief that in any moment we could find a way to score a goal, which we were unlucky not to do."

Here you go mate. Threw him to the wolves. I have no time for any non negotiable after this nonsense.

Top Bottom