• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

All or Nothing - Mikel Arteta ( and Arsenal ) - Amazon Prime

Which one?

• All

Votes: 11 19.0%
  • Nothing

Votes: 47 81.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Makavelii

He didn’t even play half a season. And still scored more than Laca if I’m not mistaken. What I’m trying to say is he didn’t get any time to turn his form around after banging in goals for years and almost single-handedly winning us the FA Cup.

And the tv series also doesn’t show any of the conversations between Auba and Mikel. So as of now Auba never got a single chance to make amends and get back in the squad. In fact we see Edu saying he needs to come back in and a few moments later you see that they’ve decided to let him go. Surely something happens in between. Mikel “seeing in his eyes” that the trust is gone isn’t good enough for me.

I just don’t like how we discard good players and valuable assets for peanuts over a single incident Mikel apparently can’t forgive them for and move on.

Auba could move for a lot of money now. Money we could have gotten if we’d been smarter. Or, you know, give him another chance because he wanted to be a legend and loved the club.

I also guarantee Guendouzi will move from Marseille for a much bigger fee than we got. It’s just poor all around from the club.
Get over it.
You could think yourself to madness with too much retrospect e.g. Would we have signed Jesus if we kept Auba?

Just support the team in the here and now. We're in a positive, exciting place.

Makavelii

Wouldn't put much stock into that, we only see so much. In fact, realistically, we've only seen several hours of what is an approximately 9 month ordeal. And what we did see in itself was selective parts of speeches and pep talks, it was very processed.

I'm sure potential Ødegaard content was just cut out.
This is the one thing I was really disapointed in about the doc.
I wanted more Ødegaard.

I think he's just such a steady dude that there was no cinderella story to tell about him like there was with others i.e. Tavares, Nketiah, ESR etc.

lomekian

Essays are my thing
He didn’t even play half a season. And still scored more than Laca if I’m not mistaken. What I’m trying to say is he didn’t get any time to turn his form around after banging in goals for years and almost single-handedly winning us the FA Cup.

And the tv series also doesn’t show any of the conversations between Auba and Mikel. So as of now Auba never got a single chance to make amends and get back in the squad. In fact we see Edu saying he needs to come back in and a few moments later you see that they’ve decided to let him go. Surely something happens in between. Mikel “seeing in his eyes” that the trust is gone isn’t good enough for me.

I just don’t like how we discard good players and valuable assets for peanuts over a single incident Mikel apparently can’t forgive them for and move on.

Auba could move for a lot of money now. Money we could have gotten if we’d been smarter. Or, you know, give him another chance because he wanted to be a legend and loved the club.

I also guarantee Guendouzi will move from Marseille for a much bigger fee than we got. It’s just poor all around from the club.

1) In the league they scored the same amount of goals, with Laca having scored more in 20-21. As with 20-21, his chance conversion ratio was significantly down on that before his contract renewal. The real question there is why didn't Eddie get a look sooner, having clear taken strides forward in his overall game after Xmas, particular as he outscored both in a lot less minutes. Also given that until it fell apart with injuries towards the end, the team performed better without Auba by almost every metric going. Not saying he's ****, just that he didn't fit any more.

2) Just because the TV series didn't show conversations doesn't mean they didn't happen. Pretty sure the cameras wouldn't have been allowed in on those. After all if you believe the series our new captain, who is super vocal on the pitch, is captain of his country and is universally respected, is a mute. Also, Mikel was NEVER going to reveal detail about what passed between them. Maybe he was being a egomaniac tyrant. Maybe Auba was a massive prick about being disciplined. Maybe they had a huge ruck after Mikel said they would make someone more reliable captain. We don't know and probably will never know, as Arteta is super vague and Auba just doesn't want to talk about it.

3) Single incident? Who have we discarded over a single incident? If there's a 'dossier' on Auba's infractions, its straw vs camels back from Arteta's perspective. Guendouzi? Pretty common knowledge that he was a prick at least twice during warm weather training alone, long before whatever happened behind the scenes around the time of that Brighton game. And no-one gives a **** about anyone else who was bombed out because their 'offences' were either being rubbish and well overdue a departure or like Özil, just not really giving a **** anymore.

4) Auba move for a lot of money? Well firstly he hasn't gone anywhere yet, and it seems reports of £25m are well off the mark. Secondly his wages at Arsenal were higher than they are at present. Thirdly, there is literally one club interested in him - one who we would have been pretty unlikely to sell him too.

5) The other consideration is, had we kept Auba, and Chelsea hadn't binned off 2 strikers or had bought Raphina & Lewandowski (which would have been very likely had Barca not raised funds in a very dodgy and unprecedented way), we may well have not been able to buy Gabriel Jesus.

6) Of course Guendouzi will go for more if he stays fit. He was sold cheap because no-one else wanted him, and he'd dissed the manager in front of the rest of the squad twice at least. It's ****, but you can't keep a guy around who's effectively telling you f-yourself whenever you call him out.

Dennis10

Feedback on the series from most Arsenal fans is positive. Many are asking for a season 2.
That is, to me at least, unbelievable. I'm late to the party, but I finished season 1 this evening. I appreciated getting to know some of our players better, and I liked some of the interviews with Arteta and the rest of the staff.

On the bad side:

1) This is the first "All or Nothing" I've seen, so I'm not sure if they follow the same formula. However, they make it seem like Arteta exclusively motivates his team through borderline insane motivational speeches. I understand why they can't show us long and coherent clips of tactics and analysis of the opponent, but at least show us glimpses or something that reveals why the players claim that he's a tactically awesome manager.

2) The disconnected voices that share their "analysis" after every single game in the show. Who are they, and why should we care? Some of their takes are just annoying, and never adds anything to our insight. After the loss against Newcastle, one guy said something like: "That was a bad defeat, and it is going to affect the rest of their season."

3) Every single episode except the one about Auba feels exactly the same. Feels lazy that they weren't able to explore other narratives that actually happened in front of our eyes. Like Tomi's immediate impact but terrible luck with injuries. The growth of Martinelli, or the fact that Ødegaard became so highly regarded that he was being mentioned for captaincy already around Christmas. They actually seem to go out of their way to show as little Ødegaard as possible, considering they showed four goals in our final game against Everton, but left out the one he scored.

4. The music - It just annoyed me.

I honestly expected to have a great time watching this, but I was really disappointed.

Aevi

Hale End FC
Every single episode except the one about Auba feels exactly the same.
Totally agree, got bored by the end and stopped paying much attention while it was on. Was clear what the spiel was by the umpteenth gimmicky Arteta team talk, it made up 90% of the content. They really dropped the ball by giving us so little insight into the players, their routines, their takes on situations, etc.

Macho

In search of Pure Profit 💸
Dusted 🔻

The intro music is so bad. Utter cringe.
There’s nothing wrong with it :lol:

Was spot on getting a London artist as well she’s a gooner. The narrator is also from London and a gooner. See a pattern here?

Reactions: A_G

<<reed>>

Lidl Tir Na Nog
Was spot on getting a London artist as well she’s a gooner. The narrator is also from London and a gooner. See a pattern here?
The narrator stuff is weird, I am pretty sure they switched to different narrators quite a few times.

SuperGoon

Debbie Downer

Player:Saka
I like it. I don't get why people are upset it's the same thing every episode. Of course it is, we play a football match ... we win and we celebrate, we lose and Mikel picks the team back up.

It's football, not a drama series. Obviously some players weren't cool with their lives being documented which is fine too. The players we did get to see more of was really insightful into a window in their life and humanised them.

Macho

In search of Pure Profit 💸
Dusted 🔻

we lose and Mikel picks the team back up.

GIF by TLC Europe

• Funny
Reactions: A_G

rockofcashel

Just watching the last couple of episodes of the All or Nothing doc and two things stand out

1. Arteta is f***ng painful to listen to in a dressing room..buzzword after buzzword.. and dumb tricks like producing a light bulb and screaming electricity.. energy

90% of the time the players look bored out of their trees listening to him

2. There is a serious lack of leaders in that dressing room. Xhaka.. thats it. He's the only one that looks like losing actually means something to him

The rest... just look woeful and lost after defeats

BergMan

Betrayed by Xhaka
I watched allornothing start to finish 3 times now, going to start “Inside Hale End”.
I love these behind the scenes shows.

Latest posts+

Top Bottom