• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

All Time Managers

Who is the greatest modern day manager? I have excluded Herbie Chapman, as his pre war record will s

• Bertie Mee

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Terry Neil

• George Graham

• Stewart Houston

• Arsène Wenger

• Total voters

asajoseph

Established Member
Oh,. and for the record I think he also won us the biggest prize any team could possibly win, and one that doesn't come with any kind of trophy - an unbeaten season is worth more to me than any number of European cups. Someone wins the Champions League every year, but our unbeaten side for me is the stuff of legend.

Ricky_AFC

Actually I'm pretty sure we did get a little trophy and presentation for going the season unbeaten :wink:

Gooner T

its not even close... stewar.... lol! nah, its Wenger all the way.

I started supporting Arsenal just when George Grahams championship winning side was on the way down in 91/92. As I had never really experienced the joys of GG's success, I thought Arsenal winning the title was impossible until around February 1998. The expectations of Arsenal fans nowadays compared to mine back in the day just shows how far the great man has brought our great club.
Thats without mentioning the stadium and the football that has never been seen in this country until he took over.

Arsène who?

13fortune

well, to be honest....i don't recognise anyone except Arsène wenger...so i'm going for him...
but, i truely don't know any manager that is better for me at the moment and he's got very simple language to express things or his views..his got many qualities

awooga83

Established Member
It has to be Wenger he has changed the club in any number of ways from the big , like the stadium to the small, changing eating habits and getting players to stretch etc.

Unbeaten

Ok, Chapman was a great manager for Arsenal no doubt about that, what he did to Arsenal that you read was revolutionizing, not only for Arsenal but all of football. However, I can't understand why many of you can say he is the greatest manager Arsenal has seen, without actually experiencing him and actually see his character. It's like how people put Pele in the dream team without ever actually watching the man play. Therefore I feel mentioning Chapman is wrong. Don't take me wrong, he was a great manager for Arsenal, which we see just looking at what he achieved.

Anyway, Arsène Wenger, hans down. Greatest Arsenal manager for me.

Alfonso

Established Member
the ironic thing is that George Grahams Arsenal 11 would prob beat Wenger Arsenal 11 as Wenger's sides traditionally dont do well against a typical George Graham side.

Biggus

Established Member
RocktheCasbah said:
To have acheived all that he has, with a net spend of £5m per year, in the modern game is phenomenal.

And so say all of us........And don't forget he achieved it by being the consumate gentleman. The only cloud on the horizon is his failure to give us a European trophy. :cry This is all the more bizzare when we consider that nobody understands the european game better. But I am convinced it is only a matter of time. :wink:

Don Pacifico

Established Member
Alfonso said:
where is Bruce Rioch in that poll? If it wasnt for him we would have never got Bergkamp.

True, but that was pretty much his only achievement as far as I'm aware. Arsène bought Thierry, Paddy, Kolo, Cesc the list goes on...and won us silverware.

11vanpersie

Arsène wenger!

Ricky_AFC

Actually I'm pretty sure we did get a little trophy and presentation for going the season unbeaten

yh we did it was half the size of the actual trophy and the colours were the other way around with the centre piece being the gold bit and the handles at the top with the tiger in being silver! (if only i could post a picture :eek:ops: )

Top Bottom